PFF says Bills have top 5 roster?

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That group last year combined for 20. I don't see how Hughes and Addison a year older leads to more. I think there is maybe a 5% chance they hit 25 sacks between that trio. 

In my mind I hope a good DE is there at pick 54. Edge rush is such an older group for far too critical a position. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

TBD: “PFF is wrong and don’t know what they’re talking about. They can’t be taken seriously.”

Also TBD: “Hey everyone look at the nice things PFF is saying about us”

I would wager they don't have many if any Bills players ranked anywhere near top 5 at their positions, especially if they had our best player in White @16th best DB in the league

Square that w/this top 5 roster claim and the rooting for Allen to fail lmaoo...it's palpable

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I would wager they don't have many if any Bills players ranked anywhere near top 5 at their positions, especially if they had our best player in White @16th best DB in the league

Square that w/this top 5 roster claim and the rooting for Allen to fail lmaoo...it's palpable

PFF LOVES Diggs I think. I’m not a PFF guy but think that he’s one of their little childish crushes.

It's all about Allen and continuing to add weapons for him.  They took a big step with adding Diggs, but there is more work that needs to be done on that side of the ball.  Tight End remains a question mark, as it has for the last decade and a half. The right tackle situation is a question mark.  The running back department behind Singletary is a question mark.  Most importantly Allen needs to take a step forward.  These questions need to be answered.  I have great faith in this front office, however I am not willing to say we are the team to beat in the AFC East just yet.  

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So wait? Now do we like PFF?  Or do we hate them because of White and Allen’s ratings?  I’m so confused and I just bought my Collinsworth voodoo doll.  I hate him because of the website he owns!!!

Nope. I’ve seen enough laughable content from them that i put very little stock into whether they say good things or bad about the bills, or any other team, for that matter. 

... but I can only speak for myself. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

TBD: “PFF is wrong and don’t know what they’re talking about. They can’t be taken seriously.”

Also TBD: “Hey everyone look at the nice things PFF is saying about us”

Actually, many of the posts have been criticizing PFF for the discrepancy of rating our players poorly and then somehow stating that our roster is good. I haven't seen much inconsistency.

9 minutes ago, chris heff said:

What idiot made that schedule? So four West coast trips?

You do realise these things are done on a cycle, right?

53 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

PFF LOVES Diggs I think. I’m not a PFF guy but think that he’s one of their little childish crushes.

They are right to love him too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

All depends on QB. I think our positional groups (with the exception of RB which is incomplete, DL which is a mystery, and OL which is trending up) all stack very nicely with the NFL elite. 

No doubt we will acquire an excellent RB2 early and a developmental edge guy later. I completely agree our wr corp is basically set. This is a top 5 roster but in order to have a top 5 result it will depend on Josh improving again and our defense. With 14 teams making the playoffs we're a lock to get in. Just don't blow anymore 16 pt leads.

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

Actually, many of the posts have been criticizing PFF for the discrepancy of rating our players poorly and then somehow stating that our roster is good. I haven't seen much inconsistency.

The only Bills starters PFF rated as "below average" for 2019 were Ford, Di Marco and Spain. They also had Klein below average with the Saints if he, as expected, becomes the 3rd starter at linebacker. That doesn't strike me as rating our roster poorly. 

I have said it many, many times that their grading schemes are not faultless they have their flaws... but this idea that they are constantly beating down on Buffalo is just yet more paranoia from the fan base. The one thing I hoped would change when we got better is the absolute need of our fans for it to be Buffalo vs the world. It is tiring. 

Just for comparison - the Bills players that PFF graded as "high quality" in 2019:

- Micah Hyde

- Jordan Poyer

- Tre White

- Trent Murphy

- Jerry Hughes

- Dion Dawkins

- John Brown

- Cole Beasley

They also graded Jefferson and Diggs in that category FWIW. 

Edited by GunnerBill

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The only Bills starters PFF rated as "below average" for 2019 were Ford, Di Marco and Spain. They also had Klein below average with the Saints if he, as expected, becomes the 3rd starter at linebacker. That doesn't strike me as rating our roster poorly. 

I have said it many, many times that their grading schemes are not faultless they have their flaws... but this idea that they are constantly beating down on Buffalo is just yet more paranoia from the fan base. The one thing I hoped would change when we got better is the absolute need of our fans for it to be Buffalo vs the world. It is tiring. 

No, they literally make Twitter posts to incite Bills fans. For fun, I guess.

It's not about rating players below average, it's about rating players incorrectly, and not just Bills players.

I personally don't have a huge problem with PFF, I just think their system is flawed and ultimately not as useful as many think. Part of the problem is inconsistency in scoring between those who assign the scores. One person might be more harsh while one is more favorable.

Edited by MJS

1 minute ago, MJS said:

No, they literally make Twitter posts to invite Bills fans. For fun, I guess.

It's not about rating players below average, it's about rating players incorrectly, and not just Bills players.

I personally don't have a huge problem with PFF, I just think their system is flawed and ultimately not as useful as many think. Part of the problem is inconsistency in scoring between those who assign the scores. One person might be more harsh while one is more favorable.

But your post before literally said they were hypocritical for under rating Bills players and then saying we had a potential top 5 roster? 

If your point is there are things about their grading system that are flawed. I agree. But your initial point was very much that they always underrate Bills players. I think having Trent Murphy rated as a quality starter is about as far away from under rating as it is possible to get. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

But your post before literally said they were hypocritical for under rating Bills players and then saying we had a potential top 5 roster? 

If your point is there are things about their grading system that are flawed. I agree. But your initial point was very much that they always underrate Bills players. I think having Trent Murphy rated as a quality starter is about as far away from under rating as it is possible to get. 

No, my post was in reference to the many posts in this thread. I didn't give my own opinion in that post. I responded to a poster who claimed that Bills fans accept the positive from PFF but reject the negative. I shared that many people were not doing that in this thread.