PFF says Bills have top 5 roster?

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I've said this a few times that the Bills could be a better team in 2020 but finish with a worse record due to schedule. 

Too early to say that. Every year there is turnover from playoff teams. I get playing NFC West on paper is tougher than playing the NFC East this year. 
I also think if the Bills are better this year, which I think they will be, they can beat anyone in the league. The Bills beat one of the teams that played in the AFC championship game in 2019. 

On topic- Until PFF puts out a release saying they fired everyone who said Duck was a better QB than Josh, I will never put much belief into anything they say. Good or bad about the Bills. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

I really don’t understand the fixation on an Edge Rusher. Yes, we’d like to improve there for sure, but they didn’t lose much of anything in Shaq Lawson and the Defense was among the best in the NFL. I’ll continue to say the team needs a solid RB duo to keep the pressure of Josh Allen. Nothing will kill more birds with a single stone than drafting an elite RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that you think edge is the weakest spot. We disagree slightly there. I think that the Bills are fine at edge for 2020. There are A LOT of questions beyond this year. Over the next couple of years I think we will see an entirely new crew there. I expect to see a new body this year but the edge concern is more beyond 2020 than in 2020.

If we go with what we have we are going to put enormous pressure on our interior guys to get home. Cos the edge pressure won't be good enough. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Whelp....that's that.  2020 season will certainly be canceled now.

na, more likely to be cancelled after we clinch home field advantage and the #1 seed, and look like the favorites to win the SB.  That would be the most billsy thing.  

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that you think edge is the weakest spot. We disagree slightly there. I think that the Bills are fine at edge for 2020. There are A LOT of questions beyond this year. Over the next couple of years I think we will see an entirely new crew there. I expect to see a new body this year but the edge concern is more beyond 2020 than in 2020.

I think Edge is a concern in terms of depth.  I.E. Addison gets injured.  That said, I think you draft someone in the 2nd round that you envision starting immediately, unless a DE you have high on your board falls to you.  

25 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not true imo. It will be hard to play better and finish 9-7 or worse. Schedule will be harder but not that much. If Bills play better than in 2019 they will beat teams similar to those who beat them in 2019. Oh and we lost one game we'd win with starters in 2019.

Schedule will be a lot harder. Big difference though is 9-7 might win the AFC East next year.

It's going to be a grind next year. But we have a better team and Allen should improve. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we go with what we have we are going to put enormous pressure on our interior guys to get home. Cos the edge pressure won't be good enough. 

But it won’t be worse, with the additions of Addison and Jefferson, a healthy Murphy and a developing Oliver it should improve. Shaq and Phillips were effective but feel like they’ve been adequately replaced in the short-term. I expect an improved pass rush this year but long-term there’s work to be done. That was honestly a big reason that I advocated keeping Shaq. 

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

na, more likely to be cancelled after we clinch home field advantage and the #1 seed, and look like the favorites to win the SB.  That would be the most billsy thing.  

I think Edge is a concern in terms of depth.  I.E. Addison gets injured.  That said, I think you draft someone in the 2nd round that you envision starting immediately, unless a DE you have high on your board falls to you.  

An injury to Addison though and you are starting the same guys that you did last year. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But it won’t be worse, with the additions of Addison and Jefferson, a healthy Murphy and a developing Oliver it should improve. Shaq and Phillips were effective but feel like they’ve been adequately replaced in the short-term. I expect an improved pass rush this year but long-term there’s work to be done. That was honestly a big reason that I advocated keeping Shaq. 

An injury to Addison though and you are starting the same guys that you did last year. 

Good point.   I get the backups are the same, but I think we needed an upgrade at depth.    

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They spent money on Star and drafted Oliver in the middle. You can’t be strong everywhere. RB, however, is really thin. Singletary goes down and it’s over!

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I really don’t understand the fixation on an Edge Rusher. Yes, we’d like to improve there for sure, but they didn’t lose much of anything in Shaq Lawson and the Defense was among the best in the NFL. I’ll continue to say the team needs a solid RB duo to keep the pressure of Josh Allen. Nothing will kill more birds with a single stone than drafting an elite RB. 

I think the edge rusher thing has far more to do with the age of our players than the talent

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But it won’t be worse, with the additions of Addison and Jefferson, a healthy Murphy and a developing Oliver it should improve.

I am not convinced Kirbs. Addison's pressures were down last year even though the sack numbers were still there. My views on Murphy are well known and while I like Jefferson and love Oliver we already got excellent production from out interior rushers. 14.5 sacks from Oliver and Phillips is hard production to match. Let's say Ed doubles his tally (which is a very ambitious ask) Jefferson would have to beat his best single year total to make up the shortfall. They signed Butler as well so I am not too worried about the interior. It is the edge guys I don't have much faith in. 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They spent money on Star and drafted Oliver in the middle. You can’t be strong everywhere. RB, however, is really thin. Singletary goes down and it’s over!

If your line is doing its job you can find a guy off a practice squad or on the street to churn some production if needs be. You can't find guys sitting at home who can come and rush the passer for you. I know I am banging on about it and I really, really hope my concerns are unwarranted. But I have serious doubts that we are good enough on the edge.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

But, but, but we hate PFF. It's the devil, right? Who's with me?

PFF still sucks. I get what you are trying to do here. but it still blows..... it'll just be ammo for them to slam allen during the season if he has a down spell. or even if he doesn't play bad.... "he had a top 5 roster and he just threw 23 interceptable balls last game(while not throwing a single INT most likely). he inaccurately went 16 for 23. We told ya so!"

this sites formulas had the bills ranked in the twenties and high teens in their power rankings all year. they called hodges a better qb than allen and they didn't even find room for a 1st team all pro in their top 100 rankings.

you use of hate is a little strong there. I cant even hate that because its so bad you just have to laugh at it and not take it seriously in the least. I cant hate something that's so off the freaking wall that I cant even take seriously.

if people wanna use them for evaluations, IMO, it should be a very small tool in that toolbox.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't understand this at all. While he is for sure on the older side Addison has be really solid at getting to the QB 4 straight years. I also feel like Jerry will play better with this upgraded line. Now, I might be wrong about that last part but it's just a gut feeling. As for what I feel is our weakest spot on the team. I'd have to say CB2. I dot trust Norman and while Gaines plays very well, he isn't healthy enough unfortunately.

Edited by Gambit