McGahee stuff on ESPN

Thailog80

I wish the damn media would STFU and stop egging these guys on. They don't need to be asked the same f-ing ? after every practice.

Willis, you have been named back up, how do you feel?????

Travis you have been named starter but Willis is in the wings ready to step in if you f-up, is your job safe?????

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: the media

I wish the damn media would STFU and stop egging these guys on.  They don't need to be asked the same f-ing ? after every practice.

22886[/snapback]

They're just trying to do their jobs... but with that said, I agree with you.

Open letter to the media re: TH/WM:

Neither guy wants to be a backup. That's already been established. Probably won't change any time soon, either. Now think up something else to ask them, instead of beating that horse carcass for another week or twelve..... :doh:

They're just trying to do their jobs... but with that said, I agree with you.

Open letter to the media re: TH/WM:

Neither guy wants to be a backup. That's already been established. Probably won't change any time soon, either. Now think up something else to ask them, instead of beating that horse carcass for another week or twelve..... :doh:

22889[/snapback]

I get annoyed with both TH and WM and their mouths somewhat, but honestly, who wants to be a backup in the NFL? Show me a guy who's happy being a backup and I'll show you a loser.

HMMM, how different that tune is than when Dougie opened his mouth.  Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

22904[/snapback]

It's a different thing when you're talking about the quarterback. He is the leader, while the RB is a more of a workhorse. All these two have to do is run the ball and score touchdowns. Honestly, being pissed off will probably make them both play better and competition is never a bad thing. Maybe the media is doing us a favor.

McGahee does need to shut his mouth. He hasn't earned the right to start over Travis. McGahee's preseason performances weren't nothing to shout about. Travis has 2 rock solid years to back him up.

McGahee does need to shut his mouth. He hasn't earned the right to start over Travis. McGahee's preseason performances weren't nothing to shout about. Travis has 2 rock solid years to back him up.

22926[/snapback]

Willis has never said he SHOULD be the starter. He WANTS to be the starter, but so does every other back up in the world. Let's not blame the guy for wanting to play so bad.

Here's Willis' 3 quotes in that article:

"That's their decision, it ain't mine," McGahee said after

practice. "That's all I can say about that. I'm not worried about

it. My time will come. ... Only one person can start and

unfortunately he's the one that's starting."

and

"What, third down?" McGahee said. "Nothing's good enough for

now. But you know, you always strive to be better, and that's what

I'm going to do."

and

"I don't want to be no backup," McGahee said Wednesday. "But

you know, they're paying me. They're paying me a good salary. So to

be a backup, I'll be a backup."

WTF is so controversial about that????

Jeez, relax boys. Read all of McGahees' comments, not just the "I want to play" comments. He is not saying anything new. Once the season actually starts, most of this non-story should be put to rest....they're both pissed, both are getting paid, if they are professionals, they will just play the game. If the piss and moan once the season starts, see ya! Either will bring a decent return in a trade.

Funny. Some people look and ask "why." Others look and ask "why not."

If you're going to look at this as a problem, then guess what? It's a problem.

But you may want to try and look on the bright side of life. Like this:

"This is what it's about, it's about team. It ain't about us," Henry said. "I'm just worried about Jacksonville. Anything else, I can't control. I can't control who's going to be happy, who isn't going to be happy. I control what I do Sunday."