1984 Cowboys vs Bills

7 hours ago, Buftex said:

I have about 350 games on DVD (including this one_...the holy grail of Bills games to have is the season opener against Miami in 1980.  The game where the goal posts came down, after breaking the Dolphins losing streak. I have been trading games for decades, and nobody has a copy of that game.  Apparently, it was really only broadcast in the Miami area. Don't suppose anyone has a copy?  Ir was my first game as a season ticket holder, and to this day, maybe the most exciting live sporting event I have ever attended...

Couldn't find the game, but hope you'll enjoy highlights

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Couldn't find the game, but hope you'll enjoy highlights

Was this the 1983 game (Marino's first game ) where the Bills won for the first time in Miami since 1966. I think it was 38-35 in OT with Ferguson throwing 5 TD's passes this day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Was this the 1983 game (Marino's first game ) where the Bills won for the first time in Miami since 1966. I think it was 38-35 in OT with Ferguson throwing 5 TD's passes this day.

Couldn't tell you, as I wasn't really watching back in those days. The narrator said it was the game the streak was broken

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Couldn't tell you, as I wasn't really watching back in those days. The narrator said it was the game the streak was broken

I think the streak they broke in this game(1983) was winning in Miami for the first time since 1966. The 80 opener was in Buffalo and the Bills like most home games back then wore white jerseys with blue pants.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Another Fan said:

One of Buffalo’s best spoiler games?   I’ve often heard about this game but finally can watch and enjoy it.   

Even then after the 1st touchdown run you can still see what passionate fans the Bills have.   Showing up in the cold to cheer on an 0-10 team.

Great stuff.   Even helped me recharge my batteries a little watching it

God I hate Dallas. I was at that game as a 6 year old kid.  Good times.  The constant Tom Landry cam was aggravating.

Wow, Donald Wilson ... I almost forgot about that guy. He may have been the hardest-hitting defender I've ever seen on the Bills (with Lucius Sanford a close second -- mind you, I wasn't quite old enough to see Mike Stratton play in his prime). Didn't Wilson break his face-mask on a hit in '84 or '85? I dimly recall that he and his receiver victim were both knocked out cold on that play (yeah -- not so cool anymore). 

ah, and a Rod Kush sighting. Another big hitter.

Edited by Stranded in Boston

14 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Is it true that the Bills wore white jerseys in this game because the Cowboys had a terrible win-loss record when wearing the blue jerseys?

That's why most teams wore white at home when they played Dallas.  That said, the Bills wore white at home often back in that early-mid 80s time period.

I was at that game, we got there right after kickoff, I remember walking through the tunnel at the opposit end zone and seeing Bell running right at us. I also remember I had to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter to get to the airport to catch a flight to Orlando for work. 

My son was born  on Friday  November 16 in Arlington,Texas. 

In those  days you could  stay a few  days  in the  hospital afterwards. 

This game  was the  FIRST one  we watched together  as Mother  and Son. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1