https://www.twitch.tv/bleacher_report/ GOATSIM tournament--ITS SO MUCH FUN

16 hours ago, section122 said:

Was just thinking about that.  In madden Vick is a monster so I get it.  If you were going best qb for atl I think Matt Ryan takes that crown.

Yeah, I’m real life, it should be Ryan.  But Mike Vick in madden 2004 was one of the greatest video game players ever.  No big deal but I once put up a 4,000 yard passing and 2,000 yard rushing season with Vick and 60 tds.  Again, no big deal!!!

and an all time Bills has to be one of the best rosters.  But they need to get that scrub Willis off.  So many better options than *****.

I do not understand how they ranked players- is it there best year or the best career? Because Willis does not belong either way and Bryce Paup belongs if it is by one year. Also Odomes is better than Clements and White is already the best DB we ever had.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I’m real life, it should be Ryan.  But Mike Vick in madden 2004 was one of the greatest video game players ever.  No big deal but I once put up a 4,000 yard passing and 2,000 yard rushing season with Vick and 60 tds.  Again, no big deal!!!

and an all time Bills has to be one of the best rosters.  But they need to get that scrub Willis off.  So many better options than *****.

It's one of the worst, actually, according to how they did it. But they made some questionable decisions. Like, is Poyer really one of our best safeties ever? Doubtful. I like Poyer, but he isn't one of our best DB's ever. Maybe Tony Greene from the 70's? He's 2nd in career INT's for the Bills.

Also thought about Phil Hansen, but the defensive line, especially the interior, is pretty crowded for the Bills. Lots of great players.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do not understand how they ranked players- is it there best year or the best career? Because Willis does not belong either way and Bryce Paup belongs if it is by one year. Also Odomes is better than Clements and White is already the best DB we ever had.

I'd say Butch Byrd is the best, but it is tough to compare eras. But they included Tre White on the roster.

McGahee is way out of left field, if you ask me. He has no business being on there. Should have been Cookie Gilchrist or even Fred Jackson over him. Did they put James Lofton on the Packers? He would be the natural choice instead of Lee Evans.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's one of the worst, actually, according to how they did it. But they made some questionable decisions. Like, is Poyer really one of our best safeties ever? Doubtful. I like Poyer, but he isn't one of our best DB's ever. Maybe Tony Greene from the 70's? He's 2nd in career INT's for the Bills.

Also thought about Phil Hansen, but the defensive line, especially the interior, is pretty crowded for the Bills. Lots of great players.

I'd say Butch Byrd is the best, but it is tough to compare eras. But they included Tre White on the roster.

McGahee is way out of left field, if you ask me. He has no business being on there. Should have been Cookie Gilchrist or even Fred Jackson over him. Did they put James Lofton on the Packers? He would be the natural choice instead of Lee Evans.

Lee Evans is the 3rd all time leading reciever in Bills history

He was really good with piss poor QBs

Edited by Buffalo716

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

Here's the Bills roster they are using. I think there's some questionable inclusions (Willis McGahee!?):

Jim Kelly, QB (91 OVR)

OJ Simpson, RB (97 OVR)

Thurman Thomas, RB (94 OVR)

Willis McGahee, RB (86 OVR)

Andre Reed, WR (92 OVR)

Eric Moulds, WR (87 OVR)

Lee Evans, WR (86 OVR)

Elbert Dubenion, WR (85 OVR)

Charles Clay, TE (84 OVR)

Joe DeLamielleure, OL (91 OVR)

Kent Hull, OL (90 OVR)

Ruben Brown, OL (89 OVR)

Will Wolford, OL (88 OVR)

Howard Ballard, OL (87 OVR)

Bruce Smith, DL (98 OVR)

Pat Williams, DL (89 OVR)

Kyle Williams, DL (89 OVR)

Jerry Hughes, DL (83 OVR)

Takeo Spikes, LB (89 OVR)

Cornelius Bennett, LB (87 OVR)

Sam Cowart, LB (82 OVR)

Butch Byrd, CB (92 OVR)

Nate Clements, CB (87 OVR)

Tre'Davious White, CB (85 OVR)

Micah Hyde, FS (86 OVR)

Jordan Poyer, SS (80 OVR)

Players I particularly don't think belong include: Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Sam Cowart, and Jerry Hughes. Some notable players not included, in my opinion (not sure how they would get Madden ratings for some of these, but they have OJ somehow): Tom Sestak, Fred Smerlas, Mike Stratton, Nate Odomes, Billy Shaw. Even Mario Williams should be in over Jerry Hughes. Hughes has never had double digit sacks.

Evans is 3rd all time in catches and yards - maybe stevie over him i guess?  Cowart over Talley is strange.  Gimme Fred Jackson over McGahee.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lee Evans is the 3rd all time leading reciever in Bills history

He was really good with piss poor QBs

I liked Lee Evans. I just don't think he is a top 4 WR in franchise history. Nothing against him, though. He was one of those drought era highlights.

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Evans is 3rd all time in catches and yards - maybe stevie over him i guess?  Cowart over Talley is strange.  Gimme Fred Jackson over McGahee.  

Hmm, also TD's. Ok, I can get behind that. I admit I didn't realize he was so high up the records for the Bills.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I liked Lee Evans. I just don't think he is a top 4 WR in franchise history. Nothing against him, though. He was one of those drought era highlights.

There are lots of talented WRs but statistically he is right there

Love they put in dubenion

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Here's the Bills roster they are using. I think there's some questionable inclusions (Willis McGahee!?):

Jim Kelly, QB (91 OVR)

OJ Simpson, RB (97 OVR)

Thurman Thomas, RB (94 OVR)

Willis McGahee, RB (86 OVR)

Andre Reed, WR (92 OVR)

Eric Moulds, WR (87 OVR)

Lee Evans, WR (86 OVR)

Elbert Dubenion, WR (85 OVR)

Charles Clay, TE (84 OVR)

Joe DeLamielleure, OL (91 OVR)

Kent Hull, OL (90 OVR)

Ruben Brown, OL (89 OVR)

Will Wolford, OL (88 OVR)

Howard Ballard, OL (87 OVR)

Bruce Smith, DL (98 OVR)

Pat Williams, DL (89 OVR)

Kyle Williams, DL (89 OVR)

Jerry Hughes, DL (83 OVR)

Takeo Spikes, LB (89 OVR)

Cornelius Bennett, LB (87 OVR)

Sam Cowart, LB (82 OVR)

Butch Byrd, CB (92 OVR)

Nate Clements, CB (87 OVR)

Tre'Davious White, CB (85 OVR)

Micah Hyde, FS (86 OVR)

Jordan Poyer, SS (80 OVR)

Players I particularly don't think belong include: Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Sam Cowart, and Jerry Hughes. Some notable players not included, in my opinion (not sure how they would get Madden ratings for some of these, but they have OJ somehow): Tom Sestak, Fred Smerlas, Mike Stratton, Nate Odomes, Billy Shaw. Even Mario Williams should be in over Jerry Hughes. Hughes has never had double digit sacks.

I totally agree with you. 

Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy, Aaron Schobel, Antione Winfield, Fred Jackson, London Fletcher, Daryl Talley

Edited by CDogg20
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MJS said:

Bills vs Jets shouldn't be that big of a contest. Their best QB is a guy who threw more interceptions than TD's and lost more games than he won.

Vick is like the best player in Madden history, but are they basing it on Madden ratings and not real life? How do they include guys from before Madden was a thing?

Madden has been including all-time players/teams for decades.  I doubt their ratings on Dick Butkus and Deacon Jones have changed very much over time.  

Also, I vote Henry Jones for Bills' starting SS.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Also Odomes is better than Clements and White is already the best DB we ever had.

Odomes was good; one of my favorites. Clements was also good though.  I'd probably take Winfield over both on this list though.

Tre is on his way, but he's not the best DB the Bills ever had... yet.

It’s funny cuz the devs making the madden games and the ratings are so far removed from the reality of football.  They are more focused on the fantasy side.  This is fun but madden ratings are based solely on production if the player is a unknown commodity. 

I used to be a big fan of madden until they stopped caring about the franchise and started focusing on $$$$ with MUT.

But it’s EA so what do you expect?

Thanks for sharing.  Nice distraction nonetheless.  

Edited by JinxedBill

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

*****in' A Bubba, FredEx all day.  Willis "It was 4th down?" McGahee has no business on this list.  If not for Maybin, the worst 1st round pick in Bills history.

That 03 team did not have the luxury of drafting a player who wouldn't play a down in 03.  A really solid unit of defenders, and an offense that consisted of Henry and Moulds.  

Check out this box score: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200309210mia.htm

Edited by dneveu
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, I was bored so I decided to do this myself. Found a better legends roster than the one they are using. Each team had great depth of legends (with a couple head scratchers). I edited the roster to bring some of the players more in line with the overall numbers that Bleacher Report used, but only when it was a big glaring difference. I simmed each matchup five times and took the best of five:

Round 1:

image.png.436878a231ce9d72d0cfd8ddb887041f.png

Bengals over Steelers was a big surprise for me. So was Redskins over Cowboys and Eagles over Giants... oh, and Bucs over Saints. Big surprises in the NFC.

Round 2:

image.png.f8d293d9b6e2c9f08b42ee70cdd98964.png

Bills vs Patriots was super close. Browns and Broncos were looking unstoppable in the AFC. Rams killed the 49ers for some reason... Vikings looked really strong.

Round 3:

image.png.4c18090f427f825191e3f01c89a47d34.png

Bills handled the Broncos pretty well. OJ and Bruce are monsters. OJ has been averaging like 160 yards a game. Browns and Colts were back and forth, but the Browns pulled it out. Jim Brown is also a monster. Vikings killed the Bucs. Not sure how the Bucs made it this far. Kurt Warner, despite a lower overall rating than many QB's, is dominating.

Round 4:

image.png.d0980487c2def4d61245b0db5fa33780.png

As a Bills fan I was delighted to see my team do so well and get so far in this tournament. Nobody can seem to stop OJ. He averaged 180 yards against the Browns. The Rams and Vikings went back and forth, but Kurt Warner continued his dominance.

Championship:

image.png.733f9334b75083997952fbcbb711a063.png

The Rams beat the Bills four out of five times. Sad.

So there you have it. The Rams are apparently the best team of all time, according to fake Madden players and games.

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

*****in' A Bubba, FredEx all day.  Willis "It was 4th down?" McGahee has no business on this list.  If not for Maybin, the worst 1st round pick in Bills history.

I'd say he was a better first-round pick than Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, JP Losman, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, Leodis McKelvin, CJ Spiller, EJ Manuel, and Sammy Watkins.  I know we're supposed to hate McGahee because he ripped on Applebee's, but let's be fair:  he won Comeback Player of the Year in '04 & was a borderline stud for the 3 years we got out of him.  You can say we didn't need him because we had Travis Henry, but it's possible that OBD had misgivings about giving a new contract to a guy who had 11 kids with 10 women & would later serve time for running a cocaine ring.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

I'd say he was a better first-round pick than Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, JP Losman, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, Leodis McKelvin, CJ Spiller, EJ Manuel, and Sammy Watkins.  I know we're supposed to hate McGahee because he ripped on Applebee's, but let's be fair:  he won Comeback Player of the Year in '04 & was a borderline stud for the 3 years we got out of him.  You can say we didn't need him because we had Travis Henry, but it's possible that OBD had misgivings about giving a new contract to a guy who had 11 kids with 10 women & would later serve time for running a cocaine ring.  

Except he didn't play for a whole year.  Yes, he had two 1000-yard seasons before he ran himself out of town.  But he never had any fire or guts.  Didn't even know it was 4th down in NE, one of the many games we had them beat and let them off the hook.  He was a POS.

28 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Except he didn't play for a whole year.  Yes, he had two 1000-yard seasons before he ran himself out of town.  But he never had any fire or guts.  Didn't even know it was 4th down in NE, one of the many games we had them beat and let them off the hook.  He was a POS.

My bad.  I mistakenly thought you were letting personal feelings about McGahee cloud your memory of his career.

• Thank you (+1) 1