https://www.twitch.tv/bleacher_report/ GOATSIM tournament--ITS SO MUCH FUN

Bleacher Report is doing a madden sim: the teams are made up of each teams best player of all time at every position.

All 32 teams in a tournament.

Carolina beat Atlanta,

and 

Washington just beat Dallas.

Miami vs. New England right now, lol

Marino v Brady.

Bills v the Jets tomorrow(?) I think

I know it sounds stupid but guess what?

ITS AWESOME!

GO PHINS!!!

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

Bleacher Report is doing a madden sim: the teams are made up of each teams best player of all time at every position.

All 32 teams in a tournament.

Carolina beat Atlanta,

and 

Washington just beat Dallas.

Miami vs. New England right now, lol

Marino v Brady.

Bills v the Jets tomorrow(?) I think

I know it sounds stupid but guess what?

ITS AWESOME!

GO PHINS!!!

How many yards and TDs did McCaffrey have?

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Was just thinking about that.  In madden Vick is a monster so I get it.  If you were going best qb for atl I think Matt Ryan takes that crown.

Yeah, he wasn't close to the best QB that Falcons ever had.  Weird.

26 minutes ago, section122 said:

Was just thinking about that.  In madden Vick is a monster so I get it.  If you were going best qb for atl I think Matt Ryan takes that crown.

If you are going by single year then Vick is the ATL King. For Buffalo the surprise guy might Bryce Paup because that one year he was awesome.

Bills vs Jets shouldn't be that big of a contest. Their best QB is a guy who threw more interceptions than TD's and lost more games than he won.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Vick is like the best player in Madden history, but are they basing it on Madden ratings and not real life? How do they include guys from before Madden was a thing?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, he wasn't close to the best QB that Falcons ever had.  Weird.

He surely was in Madden

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

Bills vs Jets shouldn't be that big of a contest. Their best QB is a guy who threw more interceptions than TD's and lost more games than he won.

Vick is like the best player in Madden history, but are they basing it on Madden ratings and not real life? How do they include guys from before Madden was a thing?

It really doesn’t matter.....does it?

edit:  this is something to pass time during a quarantine.  It’s not to be taken so seriously.  Very soon, no one will remember this

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He surely was in Madden

It really doesn’t matter.....does it?

edit:  this is something to pass time during a quarantine.  It’s not to be taken so seriously.  Very soon, no one will remember this

Who's taking it seriously?

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Who's taking it seriously?

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Asking this question is serious enough.  I don’t think they even have the answer for this.   How do they include guys from before madden was a thing?  They just put them on the teams and don’t think twice about it.  

its madden. Vick is the QB for the all time falcons team.  Stipulations and rules need not apply 

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Asking this question is serious enough.  I don’t think they even have the answer for this.   How do they include guys from before madden was a thing?  They just put them on the teams and don’t think twice about it.  

its madden. Vick is the QB for the all time falcons team.  Stipulations and rules need not apply 

I wasn't criticizing their methodology, I was asking actual questions because I was curious and interested. I wondered if someone who knew more about what they are doing knew the answers.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's how rosters were constructed:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883401-the-br-goat-sim-ranking-the-top-10-contenders#slide2

7 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Bills are going to be a very fun team to play with. Several players should get bumps in ratings. Diggs is a 93 now. 

If we beat the jets, its going to be Bills v Pats in round 2.

Brady v Kelly

And here are the rosters and the schedule:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883549-br-goat-sim-introducing-the-all-time-madden-rosters#slide2

"All of the games games will be simulated on Bleacher Report's Twitch channel over the course of two weeks from March 30-April 13. The Round of 32 will run for four days from March 30-April 2 with four games simulated each night from 7-11 p.m. ET. 

The Round of 16 will take place from April 3-6, with two games simulated each night from 8-10 p.m. ET. The Round of 8 will run from April 7-8, with two games simulated per night from 8-10 p.m. ET. The Final Four will be a two-day event on April 9-10 featuring one game simulated each night starting at 8 p.m. ET. 

On April 13, the final two teams will battle for supremacy in the championship game beginning at 8 p.m. ET."

Edited by JohnnyGold
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

Here's how rosters were constructed:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883401-the-br-goat-sim-ranking-the-top-10-contenders#slide2

If we beat the jets, its going to be Bills v Pats in round 2.

Brady v Kelly

And here are the rosters and the schedule:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883549-br-goat-sim-introducing-the-all-time-madden-rosters#slide2

"All of the games games will be simulated on Bleacher Report's Twitch channel over the course of two weeks from March 30-April 13. The Round of 32 will run for four days from March 30-April 2 with four games simulated each night from 7-11 p.m. ET. 

The Round of 16 will take place from April 3-6, with two games simulated each night from 8-10 p.m. ET. The Round of 8 will run from April 7-8, with two games simulated per night from 8-10 p.m. ET. The Final Four will be a two-day event on April 9-10 featuring one game simulated each night starting at 8 p.m. ET. 

On April 13, the final two teams will battle for supremacy in the championship game beginning at 8 p.m. ET."

Charles Clay is our best TE ever? He's ranked 84. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Would prob pick Cribbs over McGahee, but I'm sure there's a bias towards players who played when the game existed (and player already instantiated in game)

37 minutes ago, DJB said:

Charles Clay is our best TE ever? He's ranked 84. 

I started thinking of all of the TE's over the years and man it would be nice to have Knox develop into a stud.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

I started thinking of all of the TE's over the years and man it would be nice to have Knox develop into a stud.

I know. 

He definitely has flashed the potential. We'll see .

Hope Kroft can do anything.  I don't remember him catching a ball besides the Pitt game (huge catch nonetheless)

Here's the Bills roster they are using. I think there's some questionable inclusions (Willis McGahee!?):

Jim Kelly, QB (91 OVR)

OJ Simpson, RB (97 OVR)

Thurman Thomas, RB (94 OVR)

Willis McGahee, RB (86 OVR)

Andre Reed, WR (92 OVR)

Eric Moulds, WR (87 OVR)

Lee Evans, WR (86 OVR)

Elbert Dubenion, WR (85 OVR)

Charles Clay, TE (84 OVR)

Joe DeLamielleure, OL (91 OVR)

Kent Hull, OL (90 OVR)

Ruben Brown, OL (89 OVR)

Will Wolford, OL (88 OVR)

Howard Ballard, OL (87 OVR)

Bruce Smith, DL (98 OVR)

Pat Williams, DL (89 OVR)

Kyle Williams, DL (89 OVR)

Jerry Hughes, DL (83 OVR)

Takeo Spikes, LB (89 OVR)

Cornelius Bennett, LB (87 OVR)

Sam Cowart, LB (82 OVR)

Butch Byrd, CB (92 OVR)

Nate Clements, CB (87 OVR)

Tre'Davious White, CB (85 OVR)

Micah Hyde, FS (86 OVR)

Jordan Poyer, SS (80 OVR)

Players I particularly don't think belong include: Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Sam Cowart, and Jerry Hughes. Some notable players not included, in my opinion (not sure how they would get Madden ratings for some of these, but they have OJ somehow): Tom Sestak, Fred Smerlas, Mike Stratton, Nate Odomes, Billy Shaw. Even Mario Williams should be in over Jerry Hughes. Hughes has never had double digit sacks.

• Thank you (+1) 1