Eric Reid Demanding Investigation and Revote on CBA

Turk71

On 4/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, Rochesterfan said:

As suspected NFLPA calls it a cross reference issue that was corrected.  

So it was not a nefarious plan by billionaire owners to sneak something by - just as was stated before - the NFL had nothing to do with this.  This was an NFLPA issue.

I think we need to loosen up a few tin foil hats around here.

This is what I suspected from the beginning. I mean, it was all posted on the NFLPA website, so how would the NFL be involved? Does anyone think the NFLPA would cooperate with their nemesis the NFL to slip in language that wasn't voted on and post it on their website?

13 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Once again - it was not the NFL doing anything wrong.  The NFL did not try to pull a fast one.  They were not trying to screw the players.

This was all under negotiation and it sounds like the NFLPA came to an agreement and THEY cross referenced it incorrectly in their posted material.  The NFL was not involved in the issue at all - it was strictly an issue with the NFLPA.  The NFLPA came out and stated it was a cross reference issue - nothing major and because it is very minor they a have corrected this.  

Nothing to see here and it will not get a re-vote or anything.

If anything the rank and file could try and sue the NFLPA leadership, but likely they all have millions in personal liability insurance (i.e. getting sued) thru the NFLPA.  So in reality in the remote chance they could possibly win a lawsuit, force the insurance companies to pay out, then watch the insurance company jack the rates way up so their union dues would increase to pay for it.