Eric Reid Demanding Investigation and Revote on CBA

Turk71

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Being treated differently because of the color of your skin has nothing to do with income. 

Also Frederick Douglas ended up being pretty wealthy. So were his complaints and views no longer valid? 

Where did I mention the color of anyone's skin?

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Classic TBD. Somehow turning a bash-Eric-Reid thread into a bash-womens-team thread while they're at it. Almost like there is a theme there.

Anyways...

Good for Eric Reid for being willing to stand up for former players.

Yup, this thread is beyond predictable.  I’m starting to think this board doesn’t cater to a diverse group of people. ?

20 minutes ago, GG said:

Did you just compare slavery to free men who sign $100 million contracts?

Again, they have the full freedom of expression.   On their own time and on their own dime.

So were you fine with Rex Ryan and RI campaigning for Trump?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Every grievance starts off on a personal basis.  You seem to make the immediate jump that Kaep's and Reid's grievances with the system are scocietal and institutionalized.  Many people disagree.  The two had an opportunity to mobilize more players, but couldn't even get consensus within the NFLPA, let alone the public at large.  But thanks to favorable press coverage, we're supposed to accept their personal opinions as a matter of fact.  

They are not. Reid & Kaepernick are still free to voice their opinion and organize more people to their cause in the way countless others have done in centuries that have preceded them.  Yet, they aren't making any progress.  Why is that?

That’s a topic for a different forum, which you’re surely aware of. Suffice to say the irony of you turning this particular issue into your personal grievance is lost on you, which is unfortunate and not at all surprising.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

How many teams in the Women's World Cup have legit chances to win the World Cup? Maybe 3 or 4? A lot more Men's teams can legit win the world cup.  In addition there are only 24 entrants in the Women's World Cup versus 32 in the Men's which is soon to be 48.

In the women's qualifying group for CONCACAF, basically only 2 teams had any chance whatsoever to win the region, US and Canada. The US won their group outscoring teams 18-0 and Canada won theirs outscoring teams 17-1. In the semi-finals the US beat Jamaica 6-0 and Canada beat Panama 7-0.  Great competition huh?  Then the US beat Canada 2-0 in the final. Compare this to US Men's CONCACAF Qualifying.

The Women's team routinely loses to high school boys teams.  How good can they really be?

Your claim about their competition as being in it's infancy, for 30 years, was clearly wrong.

I didn't to include CONCACAF, because.... why bother?--it doesn't include any teams from South America or Europe (where the best non-US teams hail from) or Asia.  Only the US and Canada are ranked top 20 in the world.  But I can see why you limited your response to that.  It's a poor dodge. 

In 25 years, USMNT has only beaten Panama 5 times in 10 games, by the way. 

As for losing to "high school teams"  these aren't high schools they were US Soccer Academy teams and they weren't games but essentially scrimmages.

This should help you understand better:

But this article went on to describe the event as part of a structured practice undertaken primarily for the benefit and development of the boys’ team:

https://www.90min.com/posts/4833646-some-people-think-it-s-funny-that-the-usa-women-s-national-team-were-apparently-beaten-by-u15-boys

Of course, this match against the academy team was very informal and should not be a major cause for alarm. The U.S. surely wasn’t going all out, with the main goal being to get some minutes on the pitch, build chemistry when it comes to moving the ball around, improve defensive shape and get ready for Russia.

The game will, however, serve as a great anecdote for the kids on the FC Dallas squad to tell their grandchildren about one day. It also speaks highly of the level of academy development MLS teams are doing these days.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Where did I mention the color of anyone's skin?

The ‘Personal social grievance’ that you keep referencing (and think should only be addressed in their own time) is people of color trying to bring light to racial inequalities and injustices. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So were you fine with Rex Ryan and RI campaigning for Trump?

If they did it on the sideline of a game?  You betcha.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The ‘Personal social grievance’ that you keep referencing (and think should only be addressed in their own time) is people of color trying to bring light to racial inequalities and injustices. 

It's not that difficult.  Most of the people wouldn't have cared if the players didn't bring the protest onto the field on game day.  Do whatever you feel is right on your own time.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That’s a topic for a different forum, which you’re surely aware of. Suffice to say the irony of you turning this particular issue into your personal grievance is lost on you, which is unfortunate and not at all surprising.

Nearly every player in the league is involved in a cause.  None of them bring it to the field of play, because the league prohibits it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GG said:

If they did it on the sideline of a game?  You betcha.

It's not that difficult.  Most of the people wouldn't have cared if the players didn't bring the protest onto the field on game day.  Do whatever you feel is right on your own time.

Nearly every player in the league is involved in a cause.  None of them bring it to the field of play, because the league prohibits it.

You probably hated Tommie Smith and John Carlos. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Did they wear MAGA hats on the sideline of a game or something like that?

I dont know. Doesnt matter. The question was: Were you fine with coach and player campaigning for Trump?

And you said If they did it on the sideline of a game? You betcha.

So that's either the opposite of what you've been arguing, or you mistyped something. Youre the one who mentioned the sideline and then said you had no problem with it. Just giving you a chance to clarify.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

You probably hated Tommie Smith and John Carlos. 

A one-time symbolic act that's a photo-op is not similar to what Reid & Kaepernick were doing.  

A better correlation is Ali's anti-draft stance, for which he also paid the price.  At least get the right references.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont know. Doesnt matter. The question was: Were you fine with coach and player campaigning for Trump?

And you said If they did it on the sideline of a game? You betcha.

So that's either the opposite of what you've been arguing, or you mistyped something. Youre the one who mentioned the sideline and then said you had no problem with it. Just giving you a chance to clarify.

Stay on topic.   If you want to derail this topic into an anti-Trump tangent, there's a forum here where people are perfectly happy to take you up on your stance.

Players can do whatever is in their rights off the field.  Reid & Kaepernick brought their cause on the field, against the league rules.  Nobody would have an issue with them rallying for their cause on their own time, just like nobody should have a beef with Richie & Rex supporting Trump on their own time.

4 minutes ago, GG said:

A one-time symbolic act that's a photo-op is not similar to what Reid & Kaepernick were doing.  

A better correlation is Ali's anti-draft stance, for which he also paid the price.  At least get the right references.

Stay on topic.   If you want to derail this topic into an anti-Trump tangent, there's a forum here where people are perfectly happy to take you up on your stance.

Players can do whatever is in their rights off the field.  Reid & Kaepernick brought their cause on the field, against the league rules.  Nobody would have an issue with them rallying for their cause on their own time, just like nobody should have a beef with Richie & Rex supporting Trump on their own time.

Has nothing to do with Trump specifically, Im asking YOU to clarify YOUR stance.

The question was:

Were you fine with coach and player campaigning for candidate?

YOU answered:

If they did it on the sideline? You betcha (I'm fine with it)

So you either misunderstood the question, or mistyped your answer, or are being hypocritical to your previous stance. I dont think youre a hypocrite, so I was trying to give you a chance to correct your confusing answer.

Did you mean to say "As long as they DIDNT do it on the sideline"?

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Has nothing to do with Trump specifically, Im asking YOU to clarify YOUR stance.

The question was:

Were you fine with coach and player campaigning for candidate?

YOU answered:

If they did it on the sideline? You betcha (I'm fine with it)

So you either misunderstood the question, or mistyped your answer, or are being hypocritical to your previous stance. I dont think youre a hypocrite, so I was trying to give you a chance to correct your confusing answer.

Did you mean to say "As long as they DIDNT do it on the sideline"?

Sorry.  Yes if those two wore MAGA hats on a sideline, that would be an idiotic thing to do, and should result in heavy fines.  If they continued to do it, then suspensions would be appropriate.

Edited by GG

21 minutes ago, GG said:

Nobody should have a problem with Incognito publicly supporting a politician who campaigned on boycotting the NFL and denigrating his fellow union members? Is that a joke?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Nobody should have a problem with Incognito publicly supporting a politician who campaigned on boycotting the NFL and denigrating his fellow union members? Is that a joke?

You may have a problem with his opinion, but I hope you don't have a problem with his rights to express a differing opinion on his own time and on his own dime.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

You may have a problem with his opinion, but I hope you don't have a problem with his rights to express a differing opinion on his own time and on his own dime.

Yeah I don’t think you understand the concept of union membership or collective bargaining. Like at all.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GG said:

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah I don’t think you understand the concept of union membership or collective bargaining. Like at all.

In GG's defense, I'd say RICHIE is the one who doesnt understand the concept of union membership. But he is completely free to campaign and vote against his best interests. Most union voters did in the last election anyways.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Did the union sanction the protest?

42 minutes ago, GG said:

Did they wear MAGA hats on the sideline of a game or something like that?

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2016/10/rex_ryan_doesnt_think_his_support_of_donald_trump_is_dividing_bills_locker_room.html  

fact is there are a lot posters who love to bash Kaepernick and Reid who would love it they had pro Trump Cleats or something like that.  Personally, I’m fine with all of it.  And absolutely blows my mind that people whine they way they do about a guy silently protesting yet are fine supporting women beaters and other scumbags.  Seems a little backwards to me but to each their own I guess.  I also find it odd that people get upset about speaking about social issues that are affecting others.  What happen to empathy?  And like it or not, athletes have huge platforms more than most human beings to make social changes.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Haha yes, because the millionaires are so much better. Let's see what happens here before making accusations 

Call me crazy but I side with the players putting their health and well-being on the line over billionaires playing with a toy they acquired. I agree that we can't jump to conclusions but I think it would likely be the 32 billionaires who would try and pull a fast one over a union of players in the several hundreds with more scattered priorities and representation.