If the season kicks off, I hope the border is open - I’m a toronto SSH

I feel great about our team.  If games are played, I hope the borders are open as I drive in from Toronto for the games!  

if not, I own some expensive coat racks just off mid field lower bowl, as I don’t think seats will have much resale value this year (despite the bills kicking butt!).  

In fairness I just told my wife what I posted and she just shook her head and called me a moron!  I just miss sports already.  It really is part of our daily lives.  I also hold raptors seasons and was enjoying the season tremendously.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

If the border is still closed at that point our season is the least of our worries. 

I agree

If this isn't resolved in 6 months there probably won't be a season in any sport :(

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

I feel great about our team.  If games are played, I hope the borders are open as I drive in from Toronto for the games!  

if not, I own some expensive coat racks just off mid field lower bowl, as I don’t think seats will have much resale value this year (despite the bills kicking butt!).  

I think you might want to expect that the games are likely played in front of empty stadiums. I am quite certain the games will be played but crowds are a different matter.

3 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

In fairness I just told my wife what I posted and she just shook her head and called me a moron!  I just miss sports already.  It really is part of our daily lives.  I also hold raptors seasons and was enjoying the season tremendously.

My wife looks at my FB posts and asks me what is wrong with me. Its good to keep them thinking.

13 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

If they are having games the border will be open.  Canada is on the same timeline as most of the US.

It is just like International Games - Europe is weeks ahead of us.  Italy and France is what NYC and NO will look like in 2+ weeks with the deaths.  If the US has cleared enough to have games and fans - then Canada, and Europe will be cleared also.

Now the big question is does this make a fall/winter comeback with reinfection rates like normal corona viruses that cause the cold - that people get every year or is this more of a one time thing.  That will be the NFLs full season deciding factor.

If I had to wager, I would bet we will see the NFL played sans crowd.  

I don't see any likely scenario that this virus gets licked before September to the point that we can gather in reckless crowds of 70,000 people.  I do think by then they will have started to re-open various segments of business and trade.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Darn.  Looks like the border may be an issue.  Ah well, hoping we at least have a season to watch.  I think even that remains a question for now.  

Here’s a quote from prime minister Trudeau today.

“Travel restrictions are going to remain extremely important in terms of containing the spread of COVID-19 in Canada and we're going to continue to work with the Americans and people around the world, to ensure that we continue with these restrictions,” Trudeau said.

1 hour ago, vanhalen26 said:

Darn.  Looks like the border may be an issue.  Ah well, hoping we at least have a season to watch.  I think even that remains a question for now.  

Here’s a quote from prime minister Trudeau today.

“Travel restrictions are going to remain extremely important in terms of containing the spread of COVID-19 in Canada and we're going to continue to work with the Americans and people around the world, to ensure that we continue with these restrictions,” Trudeau said.

That would tell me we can forget about NHL hockey until the fall of 2021.....

1 hour ago, Chicharito said:

Buffalo region will be reopened at the end of April with the border reopening soon after. The world is driven by money and greed. Too many people losing money. 

There’s no chance. Buffalo will be opened on the same timeline as the rest of the state, which Cuomo has recently said is still week’s away. They haven’t even begun their multi-state plan to reopen the economy yet.

You’re not going to see schools reopen this academic year. I’d wager you won’t see non-essential businesses until at least mid-May. An international border? Who knows.