Allen MVP odds

whorlnut

Looks like not everyone in the media thinks Allen is garbage. It’s totally refreshing to see someone go out on a limb for the guy. He’s improved in areas that were a weakness the year before. Why would you bet against him?  Add to that idea the fact that he has a strong team around him and this could be a special thing that Beane and company are building...

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1967252/nfl-mvp-odds-best-bets-dont-sleep-on-josh-allen

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reader said:

In other words, according to Vegas/this betting site Allen is tied for the 13th most valuable player in the NFL in terms of projection. That seems pretty damn awesome to me.

If Josh is the 13th best player in the league next year it would require this offense to be top 5 overall, which along with this D would mean something special.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If Josh is the 13th best player in the league next year it would require this offense to be top 5 overall, which along with this D would mean something special.

This isn’t a huge stretch when you consider that Beane finally put some good resources into the offense. I think he’ll continue to add to it in another month. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Not necessarily. I think we’d all call DeShaun Watson a top-10 NFL player (or at least close to top-13), and they had the #14 offense in terms of PPG in 2019.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not necessarily. I think we’d all call DeShaun Watson a top-10 NFL player (or at least close to top-13), and they had the #14 offense in terms of PPG in 2019.

I was thinking something similar.  He’s tied for 6th on this list. 

Edited by whorlnut

I’m not worried about him being mvp, but just continuing to improve.  If he improves on the long ball, accuracy, etc., can anyone really not be happy.  Well I guess so as some are not happy with just about anything.  I’m confident about him improving, but mvp is a stretch for me and is not a knock at all on him.

Lets see what Beane does with his draft capital and how many more weapons we can get on the offense.  The things we’ve talked at nauseas about given our quarantine gulag ( and that’s fine as we all just want to to go away ), WR, big punishing RB, maybe outside chance a stud TE although not hopeful, etc.  Beane has done such a nice job in FA that we can target well in the draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Reader said:

In other words, according to Vegas/this betting site Allen is tied for the 13th most valuable player in the NFL in terms of projection. That seems pretty damn awesome to me.

13th best odds of players that qualify, which is mostly just QB's and occasionally a RB. Just no chance of anyone outside of those positions of winning it.

I got Josh at 50:1 or 75:1 a month or so ago (maybe even 100:1). My thought is that he and the Bills could make a leap. If they do he will be in the conversation and it’s good value. I can’t log in right now so I’m not sure what I got it at but think that I bet $50 on it.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I got Josh at 50:1 or 75:1 a month or so ago (maybe even 100:1). My thought is that he and the Bills could make a leap. If they do he will be in the conversation and it’s good value. I can’t log in right now so I’m not sure what I got it at but think that I bet $50 on it.

At those odds, I’d be in just for fun, and I don’t even gamble!

Unless Josh makes a very substantial improvement in his game, he will not be in the running for MVP.  If Josh does improve as we all want him to, he will be in the conversation,  a lot will depend on his receivers actually catching  a very high percentage of his passes. Jmo.

Go Bills!!!

For Allen to win MVP, he’s going to need 35-40TDs combined, 4000 in the air, and 11 wins. He could do that, but TDs would be my biggest concern. I guess he did have 29 combined this year, so with Diggs and hopeful improvement, I guess that’s not a huge stretch. 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Unless Josh makes a very substantial improvement in his game, he will not be in the running for MVP.  If Josh does improve as we all want him to, he will be in the conversation,  a lot will depend on his receivers actually catching  a very high percentage of his passes. Jmo.

Go Bills!!!

Exactly. I think it’s half Josh stepping up, half the guys around him stepping up, and half the additions to the offense. 

Sorry, my wife was the math major in the household.   :)

• Like (+1) 1