Something to entertain on a gloomy day - full game - no punts Bills vs. 49ers

It was right after this game that I recall thinking that we were looking at an all-time great team. Not just a playoff contender. Not just a Super Bowl contender. But one that would leave their mark in history as a team that affected the entire decade in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

I hope to be present at the upcoming niners game in SF with my nephew!!  Sadly, he is not a Bills fan. 

I will be planning a couple of pre-game gatherings and a tailgate for that game.

Hoping to get a good amount of Bills fans to make it to that game.

This is weird.  I was talking to my son about Steve Young just yesterday (talking about trading backup QBs who end up doing well) and he mentioned his game against Kelly in the USFL.  I mentioned this game.  And...here it is!

BTW I was in med school at the time and the game wasn't on locally so I went to different bars to see if they had it.  No one did so I went to anatomy lab and found out later they won, much to the chagrin of several of my fellow students who were from California.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Probably one of my favorite Bill's games. 

= Kelly was so accurate and more mobile than I remember.

- Thurman was so freaking good. Can you believe Oklahoma had him & Sanders wow!!!!

Edited by ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!!

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I was at this game. :)

Me too!  Thirty-five yard line behind the Niners bench, with tickets from my wife's company.  Never been so entertained at a sporting event in my life (which is saying something).

Thanks for posting, 9 Isles!

• Like (+1) 1

I had a thread on this game several months ago.  Amazing if you watch it.  The offenses were great but there were also a number of turnovers.   And the defenses for both teams made some big plays too.  The closest the Bills came to punting I believe they faced a long 3rd down and they turned the ball over.  If not for that turnover they would have been forced to punt.