Potential Altered Offseason/Start of Season Thoughts

wiseman3

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

You are right about it being an optimistic view...however with surges of infected people starting to take hold in other major cities around the countries, it is hard to see a return to normalcy for, at least, another 6 months...but that is just my PESSIMISTIC opinion...

Keep in mind all of this is contingent on whether or not the government decides to get more aggressive with quarantines...because at its current level, this thing just looks like it’s going to drag out for a while...

The govt will keep on increasing the strictness of contact as it is killing the economy.  A ton of people have lost jobs, closed businesses, etc.  Football is the least of my concerns, but this is a Bills thread so I understand.  My industry has frozen by most companies hiring as well as layoffs, etc.

I do think Trump, not to get political will remove a lot of red tape to expedite vaccines, or cures possibly being developed, but I expect this quarantine to get worse, much worse if the incidence continues to rise.  For the poster who mentioned hot or otherwise black zones, you forget South Florida.  With so much international travel prior to the quarantine, from West Palm to Miami has a very high rate, and what stinks up here in Tampa is so many were taking cruises, etc. and the virus migrated our way.  Pretty soon, we won’t even be able to go to the parks even with 6 ft and power walk, jog, etc.  It’s the only thing maintaining my sanity.  

Lastly, some physicians are finding some success with the treatments for malaria.  I haven’t seen any objective research yet, just reports from John Hopkins, etc.

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

July is a long way off.  If travel and some degree of socializing is allowed by then all will be OK.

IF this thing is still going strong in July we all got a lot more to worry about than football.

I would bet that the summer rules will be changed and things like "virtual team meeting" will be allowed.

Online meetings going over schemes, separated training programs and film breakdowns could still happen remotely.

Some states are forecasted to "peak" with virus cases in June and July.  Others will peak early, and get a second wave of virus in the fall.  First vacine and games will be Fall of 21 imho. (yes, that is 18 months)

On 3/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, bigK14094 said:

After the stike in the 80's, I attended the Bills Miami game which was held after one week of practice.  It was a horrible display of football....and I traded in my seasons for cash as that was being allowed. I would not pay for what they were putting on the field.  It is about the money ! I think J Kelly was in that game btw.  (I used the season ticket money to buy a St Bernard)

I’m certain that the dog has been far less of a disappointment over the years ...

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not a kid ... an entire schedule of mid winter games would make me re evaluate my seasons ...