Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloBills1998

Tyrod Taylor tells the media that the chargers will turn heads if He’s the one calling the shots

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The second lowest interception percentage in NFL history.  

 

Ultimately that was not good enough to win in Buffalo. Rivers was a turnover nightmare last year.  My guess is Tyrod will start 8 games and the Chargers will be 3-5 and turn the reins over to the rookie they get in the draft.

 

Exactly. Taylor is just the type of guy you want in front of the rookie. He doesn't turn it over, he works hard, but he's not good enough to keep your rookie off the field for the whole season. It lets your rookie play his way onto the field after having a few games for fans to get frustrated with Tyrod so they will gush over whomever the rookie is even if they suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2000 Buffalo Bills 11 231 132 57.1 21.0 1,700 7.4 154.5 8 3.5 3 1.3 52 29 4 10 68 86.5
 
1999 Buffalo Bills 15 478 264 55.2 31.9 3,171 6.6 211.4 19 4.0 16 3.3 54T 40 7 26 176 75.1
 
1998 Buffalo Bills 13 354 202 57.1 27.2 2,711 7.7 208.5 20 5.6 11 3.1 84T 36 8 12 78 87.4

 

 

2017 Buffalo Bills 15 420 263 62.6 28.0 2,799 6.7 186.6 14 3.3 4 1.0 47 36 4 46 256 89.2
 
2016 Buffalo Bills 15 436 269 61.7 29.1 3,023 6.9 201.5 17 3.9 6 1.4 84T 33 7 42 192 89.7
 
2015 Buffalo Bills 14 380 242 63.7 27.1 3,035 8.0 216.8 20 5.3 6 1.6 63 45 11 36 212

99.4

 

 

Board favorite Flutie vs Board punching bag Tyrod.  Stats do suggest TT got worse each year but they also changed OC and the entire offense in 2017.  2015 Greg Roman was OC.  What if Rex doesn't get rid of Roman in 2016? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my doubts, but I must say, I liked the guy.  Would be fun to see him get another shot, on a team that I have no emotional investment in. I would pull for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, MJS said:

He probably will turn some heads and everyone will talk about how great he is at not turning the ball over, but at the end of the day he doesn't have the upside necessary to do anything of note in the NFL.

 

Still, when you think about it, Tyrod is one of the better QB's in Bills history.

He helped us break the drought.   I will always be grateful for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

 

2000 Buffalo Bills 11 231 132 57.1 21.0 1,700 7.4 154.5 8 3.5 3 1.3 52 29 4 10 68 86.5
 
1999 Buffalo Bills 15 478 264 55.2 31.9 3,171 6.6 211.4 19 4.0 16 3.3 54T 40 7 26 176 75.1
 
1998 Buffalo Bills 13 354 202 57.1 27.2 2,711 7.7 208.5 20 5.6 11 3.1 84T 36 8 12 78 87.4

 

 

2017 Buffalo Bills 15 420 263 62.6 28.0 2,799 6.7 186.6 14 3.3 4 1.0 47 36 4 46 256 89.2
 
2016 Buffalo Bills 15 436 269 61.7 29.1 3,023 6.9 201.5 17 3.9 6 1.4 84T 33 7 42 192 89.7
 
2015 Buffalo Bills 14 380 242 63.7 27.1 3,035 8.0 216.8 20 5.3 6 1.6 63 45 11 36 212

99.4

 

 

Board favorite Flutie vs Board punching bag Tyrod.  Stats do suggest TT got worse each year but they also changed OC and the entire offense in 2017.  2015 Greg Roman was OC.  What if Rex doesn't get rid of Roman in 2016? 

 

 

Precisely. Greg Roman was the reason we had productive offenses. Not Tyrod Taylor. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Precisely. Greg Roman was the reason we had productive offenses. Not Tyrod Taylor. 

Yup, Greg Roman did the same with Kaepernick and now Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

A very likeable guy and I wish him well.

 

But when I think of Tyrod the first thing that pops into my head is "how in God's name did Brandon Beane obtain pick 65 for a guy we were trying to get rid of"??

 

Beane could sell a rat's ass to a blind man and convince them it was a wedding ring.

 

I mean it was the Browns.  We sold a dead parrot to a blind kid like in Dumb and Dumber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of Tyrod's biggest issues is clueless HCs and OCs that attempt to run conventional offenses with him behind center.  He isn't that type of QB.  Anthony Lynn knows this and will adjust accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

One of Tyrod's biggest issues is clueless HCs and OCs that attempt to run conventional offenses with him behind center.  He isn't that type of QB.  Anthony Lynn knows this and will adjust accordingly.


Taylors biggest problem was when the game was on the line he was still terrified to take chances. I understand playing safe but  when the game is winding down you either step up or fold, Taylor folded.    

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turn away?  The problem is, people are already turning away from the Chargers in droves.  I like Tyrod, and I even think he can be a decent backup, but . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

 

Board favorite Flutie vs Board punching bag Tyrod.  Stats do suggest TT got worse each year but they also changed OC and the entire offense in 2017.  2015 Greg Roman was OC.  What if Rex doesn't get rid of Roman in 2016? 

 

 

Both are punching bags for irrational posters.  Both players worked hard for Bills but fell short.

5 hours ago, BananaB said:


Taylors biggest problem was when the game was on the line he was still terrified to take chances. I understand playing safe but  when the game is winding down you either step up or fold, Taylor folded.    

 

Taylor needs a coach who wants him to take chances not play safe and let defense dominate.

 

We had a dog who was told not to chase squirrels when walking him and from that day on he never chased a squirrel in yard either.

I so not think Lynn, who I think is good coach, is right for Tyrod.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

How bad was Tyrod?

 

He was sooooo bad 

 

Coach though Peterman could do a better job.  

 

Yes coach did - the OC - who was canned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...