Tyrod Taylor tells the media that the chargers will turn heads if He’s the one calling the shots

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

The Bills were a top-10 scoring offense with Tyrod running that scheme.

The same dude who talks about Josh’s total TD percentage is going to give Tyrod credit for 23 total TD’s when the RB’s had career years and rushed for 23 TD’s total. Tygod ranked 19th in total TD’s in that scheme in 2016 btw, whereas Lamar ranked first in 2019 with 44.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

I don't count that. He was playing for one of the worst HCs in NFL History

Some how Baker did pretty well, whereas Tygod got yanked after completing less than 50% of his passes, going 4-14 with 19 yards and 3 sacks and 22 yards lost in one of the worst first halfs of football of all time against the eventual 4-12 Jets. Baker came in and won the game and the book on TT was mercifully closed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The same dude who talks about Josh’s total TD percentage is going to give Tyrod credit for 23 total TD’s when the RB’s had career years and rushed for 23 TD’s total. Tygod ranked 19th in total TD’s in that scheme in 2016 btw, whereas Lamar ranked first in 2019 with 44.

Some how Baker did pretty well, whereas Tygod got yanked after completing less than 50% of his passes, going 4-14 with 19 yards and 3 sacks and 22 yards lost in one of the worst first halfs of football of all time against the eventual 4-12 Jets. Baker came in and won the game and the book on TT was mercifully closed.

I believe that the point I refuted was that no other QB could run the Roman offense aside from Lamar. I would say that Taylor running the offense resulting in a top-10 finish (actually top-7 prior to the EJ week 17 debacle) qualifies as being able to run the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Logic said:

Good for him.

Go get ‘em, Tyrod.

Oh, and thanks for helping us end the drought. Class act.

TT, Doug Flutie, and Sammy Watkins.

Oh, and Gailey and Spiller.

Edited by BringBackFlutie
Cant forget Chan's screen game!
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tyrod will be the starter until week 3 or 4, just like Cleveland. Great locker room, guy will teach the rookie how to prepare for the game off the field. Midway through Tyrod's first season in Buffalo, I thought that he had everything you could want in backup QB. Tyrod is much more valuable as a backup/mentor than a full time starter

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I believe that the point I refuted was that no other QB could run the Roman offense aside from Lamar. I would say that Taylor running the offense resulting in a top-10 finish (actually top-7 prior to the EJ week 17 debacle) qualifies as being able to run the offense.

Only if a prime Shady and Mikey G are also walking through that door. And a couple ProBowl OL.

4 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Cool, but do you actually watch football?  Or do you just pick and choose the most convenient stats to prove a terrible point?  The guy lasted what, 3 weeks as a starter in Cleveland?  3 Weeks.  In CLEVELAND!

yeah, I do watch football. A lot of it. Offensive and defensive proficiency aren't "convenient stats" proving a "terrible point." As for what he did in Clevelend, he lasted three weeks there because the Browns drafted a QB #1 overall in what was regarded as the richest QB draft in over a decade. 

Edited by dave mcbride

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Do you think they will draft a tackle? They are going QB, surely?

I think they very well could go tackle there. I'm really curious to see what they end up doing. Certainly wouldn't be shocked by a move up for Tua, but they could also just go tackle at 6 and then move up into the late 1st or wait until their 2nd rounder to get a young QB if they want. If they came out of the draft with the tackle of their choice + Jordan Love for example, I think that would be a major win for them.

People...please calm down.  What does the man supposed to say?  "I'm not a starting NFL QB"? " I'm gonna struggle to throw the football"?  "I have zero confidence in my ability to play the position"?  Why is this a topic?  The man is a  confident independent contractor trying to stay in the league.  He's trying to sell himself.    If he doesn't believe in himself, then who will? 

Tyrod is a nice guy. A good teammate. He was a good Bill who gave his all and, at his best, he can be a functional low end game manager of a Quarterback who keeps you in games and lets your defense win some for you. The Bills only had three serviceable QBs in the drought era - Bledsoe for a year, Fitzpatrick and Taylor - and I do appreciate what he did for us but honestly I hated watching him play Quarterback. Yes, it is a stylistic preference, but gimme Fitz any day of the week. And I know he tried to do too much and threw bad picks but he never had a defense worth its salt here and was constantly pressing. I always knew both were not good enough..... but I felt like you had more chance of that lightening in a bottle double digit win season with Fitz. And indeed he had it in New York.... and still missed the playoffs. :D

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Hah, forgot they got those guys. Fair enough!

??

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Do you think they will draft a tackle? They are going QB, surely?

They could certainly go QB. I jut wonder if Telesco and Lynn aren’t thinking that they need a LT badly and are both probably fighting for their jobs this season.

12 hours ago, MJS said:

He probably will turn some heads and everyone will talk about how great he is at not turning the ball over, but at the end of the day he doesn't have the upside necessary to do anything of note in the NFL.

Still, when you think about it, Tyrod is one of the better QB's in Bills history.

Here’s who have to thank for that:

1. Ralph Wilson

2. Buddy Nix

3. Doug Whaley

4. Marv Levy

5. Russ Brandon

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think they very well could go tackle there. I'm really curious to see what they end up doing. Certainly wouldn't be shocked by a move up for Tua, but they could also just go tackle at 6 and then move up into the late 1st or wait until their 2nd rounder to get a young QB if they want. If they came out of the draft with the tackle of their choice + Jordan Love for example, I think that would be a major win for them.

So do I.... I just wonder if they are willing to risk that. I think if you like one of these QBs (and after Burrow and Tua I am wary of all of them) then you need to pick them at #6. I think Herbert and Love will both go day 1.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

What TT lacks as a passer, he partially makes up for as a runner.  Pair Tyrod with a good RB, and opposing defenses need to be prepared to stop two viable running options without entirely being able to neglect the pass.

In 2016 when ALynn was calling the plays in Buffalo (after Roman got fired), the Bills offense averaged something like 26 ppg when TT was under center.  That's not spectacular but it's really solid - and significantly better than the 19.6 ppg our Bills averaged last year. 

ALynn clearly knows how to maximize TT's unique skill set and work around his weaknesses.   If Chargers can get the right cast around TT, they could potentially score 30 ppg.   At least, that's probably what Tyrod's thinking when he talks about 'turning heads.'

I personally like Taylor and would love to see him get his day in the sun.

Meh....he’s a good runner but not Lamar Jackson-good.  He never was at that level and now it’s 3-4 years later. Teams with good defenses could figure out how to stile Tyrod pretty easily.  He has a good deep ball you need to watch out but he’s not going to pick you apart.

Tyrod is where he should be - a reliable backup QB that will win you a few games, then lose you a few games 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, MJS said:

He probably will turn some heads and everyone will talk about how great he is at not turning the ball over, but at the end of the day he doesn't have the upside necessary to do anything of note in the NFL.

Still, when you think about it, Tyrod is one of the better QB's in Bills history.

He broke our playoff drought....for that he definitely gets credit.

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So do I.... I just wonder if they are willing to risk that. I think if you like one of these QBs (and after Burrow and Tua I am wary of all of them) then you need to pick them at #6. I think Herbert and Love will both go day 1.

I tend to think Herbert and Love will go Day 1 as well, but I personally wouldn't touch Herbert at 6. I don't think Love would be a bad choice, but in their case I think I would personally just take the tackle they want and see what happens with the QBs. IMO, the best case scenario at QB and worst case scenario are both pretty much the same thing...Tyrod being their starter for at least most of next season. Question is how much they value getting Love or Eason or Hurts for example in the room with Tyrod this year versus just drafting one of the QBs in next year's class.

I certainly won't blame them for just taking their QB at 6; it just isn't what I would do in their shoes and my guess is that they'll either trade up for Tua or pass on QB at 6. Might also depend on how invested they are in Lynn. If they still view him as the long-term coach there, I wouldn't be surprised if Lynn likes Hurts a lot and I would guess he doesn't value Eason nearly as much as other teams might.

Edited by DCOrange