Tyrod Taylor tells the media that the chargers will turn heads if He’s the one calling the shots

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So do I.... I just wonder if they are willing to risk that. I think if you like one of these QBs (and after Burrow and Tua I am wary of all of them) then you need to pick them at #6. I think Herbert and Love will both go day 1.

Think with the odd circumstances this offseason Herbert may go ahead of Tua? I doubt teams will get a chance to do private medicals pre-draft.

Tyrod is the definition of what you want your backup to do when your starter goes down. TT might be able to win you a few games but if your expecting him to be the starter get ready for the roller coaster ride from hell. He will play just good enough in a few games vs poor defense to get 40% of the fan base excited while the other 60% shan’t him gone. I’m going to join up on the Chargers message board just for the fun of watching it happen to someone else.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Do you think they will draft a tackle? They are going QB, surely?

If they don't draft a qb (probably Herbert) they are missing an opportunity that their draft position provides them. Tyrod is a good bridge qb for them and the teams he has played for. He is a useful temporary fill-in qb who has carved out an extended and lucrative career with his assets and liabilities. However, there is a good reason why he has had a nomadic career and has played for a long list of franchises. He is what he is and will always be what he is and not go beyond. If the Chargers have an opportunity to draft either Tua or Herbert (assumption Burrow will be gone) and don't seize on it they will be making a mistake that will reverberate for years. 

Tyrod's the most mobile game manager in NFL history.  He perfected the deep ball throwaway.  If you have a good defense, offensive line, and running game you might make the divisional round of the playoffs with him.  

What a pathetic thread.  

1) Tyrod helped led a top 10 scoring offense.  What other Bills qb of the last 20 years could say that?

2). Might what to compare Tyrod’s Bills passing stats with Allen’s before you make fun of him.  Allen basically is Tyrod right now.  

I was never a big fan of Tyrod because he was too conservative and didn’t “win” enough games by elevating the team.  But he rarely cost us game and won more than he lost.  Pretty pathetic to try and trash the guy that helped break the drought for trying to be confident with his new team. 

gotta love some fans.  We’ll love you when you’re here but trash you as soon as you leave!!! Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Some how Baker did pretty well, whereas Tygod got yanked after completing less than 50% of his passes, going 4-14 with 19 yards and 3 sacks and 22 yards lost in one of the worst first halfs of football of all time against the eventual 4-12 Jets. Baker came in and won the game and the book on TT was mercifully closed.

Yeah let's forget all about the face he was playing hurt. 

14 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Not beating up on him, I just think that’s a ridiculous claim, plus my ex fiancés team is the Chargers so I’m very happy that they’re gonna be in rebuild mode

I've said it before -- I think the Chargers would have made a playoff run last year with Tyrod instead of Rivers at QB. That's how bad Rivers was. Tyrod won't win you many games on his own, but he won't aggressively go out of his way to lose you games. I hope he gets another chance to start. Oh, they'll be tired of him after 1 year even if they do return to competitiveness, but one more run would be nice.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a pathetic thread.  

1) Tyrod helped led a top 10 scoring offense.  What other Bills qb of the last 20 years could say that?

2). Might what to compare Tyrod’s Bills passing stats with Allen’s before you make fun of him.  Allen basically is Tyrod right now.  

I was never a big fan of Tyrod because he was too conservative and didn’t “win” enough games by elevating the team.  But he rarely cost us game and won more than he lost.  Pretty pathetic to try and trash the guy that helped break the drought for trying to be confident with his new team. 

gotta love some fans.  We’ll love you when you’re here but trash you as soon as you leave!!! Go Bills.

Agree completely. Tyrod gets a lot of hate. More hate than a lot of far more terrible QB's who have played for the Bills.

Part of the issue with him was that he got steadily worse each year in Buffalo. His best year by far was his first. So that meant fans got more and more frustrated as time went on (and rightly so).

He was a good guy, a decent QB, and a good teammate. He is undoubtedly a top 10 QB in franchise history (not saying much, honestly) and I wish him the best.

Honestly we could have used him for one more year as a bridge QB, but I don't think he wanted that.

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope the Chargers enjoy watching him sit on the bench alone between series, interacting with literally nobody, while not looking at plays to prepare for the next series. Nothing frustrated me more than watching this guy be a complete loner on the sidelines. That's the type of leadership you want from your QB for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Their heads will spin.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Tyrod's the most mobile game manager in NFL history.  He perfected the deep ball throwaway.  If you have a good defense, offensive line, and running game you might make the divisional round of the playoffs with him.  

Alex Smith.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a pathetic thread.  

In fairness I never loved him when he was here. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness I never loved him when he was here. 

But C. Biscuit's point remains spot on and empirically accurate.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

If they don't draft a qb (probably Herbert) they are missing an opportunity that their draft position provides them. Tyrod is a good bridge qb for them and the teams he has played for. He is a useful temporary fill-in qb who has carved out an extended and lucrative career with his assets and liabilities. However, there is a good reason why he has had a nomadic career and has played for a long list of franchises. He is what he is and will always be what he is and not go beyond. If the Chargers have an opportunity to draft either Tua or Herbert (assumption Burrow will be gone) and don't seize on it they will be making a mistake that will reverberate for years. 

I have every expectation they'll take a QB. 

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Tyrod is the definition of what you want your backup to do when your starter goes down. TT might be able to win you a few games but if your expecting him to be the starter get ready for the roller coaster ride from hell. He will play just good enough in a few games vs poor defense to get 40% of the fan base excited while the other 60% shan’t him gone. I’m going to join up on the Chargers message board just for the fun of watching it happen to someone else.

Do the Chargers have enough fans for a message board?