Tyrod Taylor tells the media that the chargers will turn heads if He’s the one calling the shots

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Well, Sammy still hasn't surpassed his 2015 numbers yet with Goff or Mahomes, and he missed 3.5 games that year. Goodwin had 1 good year in an expanded role after finally focusing on football instead of long jump. Woods has been quite solid in his return to LA.

Watkins played well in the playoffs for the Chiefs last year... but his regular season numbers are pretty rough for a guy drafted where he was, and getting paid like he is on contract 2.  Woods has back to back 1000 yard seasons and has basically made brandin cooks expendable (goff might have made cooks expendable).  Goodwins going to be 30 and has had 1 good season... i think it was more likely that was a fluke, than that buffalo underutilized him.  

26 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Actually his second stint was with Buffalo, then Cleveland.

He never was the starter in Baltimore. His first stint as a starter was Buffalo, then Cleveland.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Could be Lynn’s last year in LA. 

Yeah, it might be. I would think that he’s on the hot seat. That’s a weird organization though. Because they have no fans I wonder if they have any pressure? It’s just strange.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Not trashing him but saying he’s better than Manuel doesn’t say much

EJ and Tyrod had same issue - they took some chances, coach told them to clamp down on chances and they became timid.

I had same issue with previous dog - my wife told her to not go after squirrels while walking him and then even in yard he would not chase squirrels. 

Hard to unlearn.

IDK Tyrod has his limitations but he's a class act,  and an elite athlete.

While I found him frustrating at times, I also found him easy to root for and I have no issues sporting my Taylor jersey :P .

I also think he'll be an improvement over the Phillips of last year just with his ball security alone.

Given the right team (Ravens, Cards come to mind) and/or proper support (OC and HC) I don't see any reason why he cant be a playoff caliber QB.

He'll always hold a place in my Bills fandom. Breaking The Drought was no easy task, ask all those that failed before him.

I'll be watching for him when I can. Go Bills!

Edited by babulator

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it might be. I would think that he’s on the hot seat. That’s a weird organization though. Because they have no fans I winder if they have any pressure? It’s just strange.

It would only make sense for them to give Lynn a contract extension and then can him the following offseason ?

6 minutes ago, sovietsnyper said:

turning heads as they wonder why no passes go further than 3 yards?

Huh? He hit a bunch of deep throws here

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, sovietsnyper said:

turning heads as they wonder why no passes go further than 3 yards?

I get why people didn't like Tyrod as a QB while he was here. He obviously had a pretty low ceiling as a passer. But comments like this always crack me up. Tyrod ranked among the highest in the league each year in terms of how often he pushed the ball down the field. Allen has been worse in that regard (not to mention just far worse in terms of actual success throwing down the field).

The idea that Tyrod only checked it down was a myth. He had plenty of issues as a passer but that wasn't one of them.

Tyrod wouldnt make the basic throws 

Tyrod had a great deep ball

Tyrod opened up the running game in many ways 

overall he was entertaining at times but frustrating he wouldn’t throw the Easy out or slant and just held on to the ball until the play broke down I rooted for him but that saints game was where I was done with him as our QB 

8 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Tyrod wouldnt make the basic throws 

Tyrod had a great deep ball

Tyrod opened up the running game in many ways 

overall he was entertaining at times but frustrating he wouldn’t throw the Easy out or slant and just held on to the ball until the play broke down I rooted for him but that saints game was where I was done with him as our QB 

He's limited for sure - I'm not sure how you build an offense around him.  Its basically a lamar jackson style offense, with a less dynamic runner and a less confident passer.  He probably has a better arm than LJ but he's unwilling to unload the RPOs so that part of the game isn't going to be as effective.  

9 hours ago, MJS said:

He probably will turn some heads and everyone will talk about how great he is at not turning the ball over, but at the end of the day he doesn't have the upside necessary to do anything of note in the NFL.

Still, when you think about it, Tyrod is one of the better QB's in Bills history.

Lamar lite.  That's what they will be. It's probably the reason they let Gordon walk, will feature Ekeler and run an offense similar to the Ravens. Tyrod can hit those easy throws to the TE and find the open receiver most of the time. Where he suffered was in the pocket and he's got a coach that knows his strengths and saw how defenses couldn't defend Baltimore. Until defenses catch up, this is a copycat league.

Just now, BillsRdue said:

Lamar lite.  That's what they will be. It's probably the reason they let Gordon walk, will feature Ekeler and run an offense similar to the Ravens. Tyrod can hit those easy throws to the TE and find the open receiver most of the time. Where he suffered was in the pocket and he's got a coach that knows his strengths and saw how defenses couldn't defend Baltimore. Until defenses catch up, this is a copycat league.

Tyrod will get killed. He is not shifty enough to avoid the hard hits like Jackson does, nor do I think he would be as durable.

There's not another QB in the league that can run an offense like Baltimore's, but that's just my opinion, I suppose.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Don’t get me wrong, Tyrod’s a nice guy and I appreciate all his efforts he gave while playing here but he’s gotta be a little realistic lol. Kennan Allen’s gonna be pissed when his numbers drop cause their gonna be a power run first team. 

how much farther away from the field can they turn them(their heads)???!!

Edited by Homey D. Clown