Tyrod Taylor tells the media that the chargers will turn heads if He’s the one calling the shots

I think they get Tua somehow. 

They do have a pretty good defense, but the issue for their offense is that they don’t have any deep speed to capitalize on Tyrod’s deep ball prowess. Keenan Allen excels in working the intermediate areas of the field, that 10-25 range. The Chargers badly need deep speed in their recieving corps. In a contract year, his stats may dwindle. So I throw this out there for fun, John Brown for Keenan Allen...who says no? Stats are pretty comparable. Salaries mostly wash out, but Allen is in the final year of his contract whereas Brown has two more years, including this one. Josh’s arm strength really comes into play in that 15 to 25 yard area of the field where Keenan really excels. So who says no? 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is just a terrible analysis; sorry. The Bills had their highest ranked scoring teams in 2015 and 2016 this century and two of their very worst defenses as measured by DVOA.

Cool, but do you actually watch football?  Or do you just pick and choose the most convenient stats to prove a terrible point?  The guy lasted what, 3 weeks as a starter in Cleveland?  3 Weeks.  In CLEVELAND!

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Don’t get me wrong, Tyrod’s a nice guy and I appreciate all his efforts he gave while playing here but he’s gotta be a little realistic lol. Kennan Allen’s gonna be pissed when his numbers drop cause their gonna be a power run first team. 

QBs should have confidence.. even if they aren't really like chosen as "the guy".  

In any case - going to be tough sledding for the chargers, they really don't have any fans in LA.  Their defense is pretty solid, and they have playmakers... but the offensive line will remain an issue.  They also have one of the best timing route over the middle WRs in the NFL, and a QB who stinks at that.  

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

They do have a pretty good defense, but the issue for their offense is that they don’t have any deep speed to capitalize on Tyrod’s deep ball prowess. Keenan Allen excels in working the intermediate areas of the field, that 10-25 range. The Chargers badly need deep speed in their recieving corps. In a contract year, his stats may dwindle. So I throw this out there for fun, John Brown for Keenan Allen...who says no? Stats are pretty comparable. Salaries mostly wash out, but Allen is in the final year of his contract whereas Brown has two more years, including this one. Josh’s arm strength really comes into play in that 15 to 25 yard area of the field where Keenan really excels. So who says no? 

Same - overpay on the trade and worry about it later.  Need something to advertise to the potential fans.  

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is just a terrible analysis; sorry. The Bills had their highest ranked scoring teams in 2015 and 2016 this century and two of their very worst defenses as measured by DVOA.

We were only high ranked because of our running game we were ranked 1# in rushing and like 24-27 in passing. We were a high rank scoring offense in spite of Taylor as a QB

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

First off, I have no ill will towards Tyrod. He was a good guy, a great teammate by all accounts, and a class act while he was here in Buffalo. Despite his flaws as a QB, he was the QB that led the team to their first playoff berth in 17 years. We all know what those flaws were, but there is no sense in bashing him for them now. He served this team fairly well in his time here, we got a GREAT return for him, and now he's with Anthony Lynn in LA. Best wishes to Tyrod who has done well for himself and his family in the NFL.

If Tyrod does end up being the starter for the Chargers this year they have a team where he could be semi-successful. They already have a more than solid defense in place and they have some quality weapons on offense. The offensive line still needs some work, but Tyrod is an extremely mobile QB. He's not going to all of a sudden turn into a superstar, but he can be effective. If they remain relatively healthy then they could be competing for a WC spot in the AFC. 

The biggest problem everyone had with him was leaving plays on the field because of indecision.  His atheticism bailed him out a lot, and he limits turnovers, but it also resulted in a lot of sacks.  I think Lynn is smart - and will incorporate TT into the run game with Jackson and Ekeler.  The only issue is how they utilize Allen and Henry with a QB who is reluctant to throw contested passes, or over the middle in general.  

The improvements to the oline have been good - turner and bulaga will be helpful assuming bulaga can stay healthy.  

I think they're somewhere between 8-8 (8-9?) and 10-6 with Tyrod.  Bosa, Ingram, Harris, James, joseph - its a pretty solid group on defense when healthy.  

I'm not sure why Cam isn't an option there.. Winston would be a hard sell, but i think he might be a better fit for the offensive group.  Or go all in on a Tua.  Can probably wait til post draft to evaluate, but there's no way i go into the season with TT as my only option.  Not after he flamed out so badly in Cleveland.  

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Honestly I think if Miami can’t get their hands on Burrow I think they go all in in Tua. They have the picks to back themselves up with to get him. Question is does Detroit allow Miami to move up or does Detroit take him? Chargers are probably gonna end up with either Herbert or Love

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I think of Miami can’t get their hand on Burrow I think they go all in in Tua. They have the picks to back themselves up with to get him. Question is does Detroit allow Miami to move up or does Detroit take him? Chargers are probably gonna end up with either Herbert or Love

There's always the chance that Washington takes Tua and deals haskins on draft day too...  He didn't have a great year 1 (rookies rarely do) - but a 2nd year QB on a 3 year 5 mil (Total) contract with an option for another say... 25 - is a pretty affordable contract for a team.  He'd still get you some solid compensation.  

And i totally believe they should do that if you think Tua is a better prospect than Haskins.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

There's always the chance that Washington takes Tua and deals haskins on draft day too...  He didn't have a great year 1 (rookies rarely do) - but a 2nd year QB on a 3 year 5 mil (Total) contract with an option for another say... 25 - is a pretty affordable contract for a team.  He'd still get you some solid compensation.  

And i totally believe they should do that if you think Tua is a better prospect than Haskins.

This is true, we saw Arizona do it to Rosen. I didn’t really think Haskins was gonna do much in the NFL anyways. I wonder though if he played bad somewhat purposefully. I know he was pissed off when the redskins drafted him cause I think he wanted to be drafted by the giants

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This is true, we saw Arizona do it to Rosen. I didn’t really think Haskins was gonna do much in the NFL anyways. I wonder though if he played bad somewhat purposefully. I know he was pissed off when the redskins drafted him cause I think he wanted to be drafted by the giants

I mean at the end of the day - 3 1sts is great and all, but if you have a chance to fix QB you should probably do it.  If you have Tua as a prospect in the vein of a can't miss starter with all-pro upside... you should draft him.  

29 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wouldn’t trade Brown for Allen, Brown and Beasley were a big part of Buffalo’s success offensively. No way do they give up on brown or Beasley. Plus isn’t Allen’s contract expiring soon?

• Like (+1) 1

I said it yesterday and I know its very tonfoil hat-ish. But I think the NFL makes sure Tua winds up in LA. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wouldn’t trade Brown for Allen, Brown and Beasley were a big part of Buffalo’s success offensively. No way do they give up on brown or Beasley. Plus isn’t Allen’s contract expiring soon?

1 year on Allen’s deal. 2 on Brown’s. I don’t think it would be giving up on Brown it would just be trading for a guy who really excels at what your quarterback does well. I love Brown, but I wanted to get some opinions. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I said it yesterday and I know its very tonfoil hat-ish. But I think the NFL makes sure Tua winds up in LA. 

1 year on Allen’s deal. 2 on Brown’s. 

I’d only bring in Allen if we were able to give him a long term extension. I wouldn’t wanna trade for a 1 year rental who has no intention of signing long term

• Like (+1) 1

I mean I’m I know that I’m a Tyrod defender but what do you expect him to say? “We are going to be a really bad team with me as the QB.” Of course he says that. He’s 24-21-1 as a starter. I’d expect roughly the same win percentage if he played the whole year with the Chargers. They’ll be about 8-8. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean I’m I know that I’m a Tyrod defender but what do you expect him to say? “We are going to be a really bad team with me as the QB.” Of course he says that. He’s 24-21-1 as a starter. I’d expect roughly the same win percentage if he played the whole year with the Chargers. They’ll be about 8-8. 

Could be Lynn’s last year in LA. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I would - Allen is better than Brown.  He's a big dude, makes his money in the middle of the field and gets open a ton.  He has a higher catch rate.  He's 2 years younger.  

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

How did Sammy, Woods, and Goodwin look after they left?

Well, Sammy still hasn't surpassed his 2015 numbers yet with Goff or Mahomes, and he missed 3.5 games that year. Goodwin had 1 good year in an expanded role after finally focusing on football instead of long jump. Woods has been quite solid in his return to LA.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I would - Allen is better than Brown.  He's a big dude, makes his money in the middle of the field and gets open a ton.  He has a higher catch rate.  He's 2 years younger.  

Yeah but we don’t have a first rounder to give. And I highly suspect the chargers are gonna want top picks for Allen.