Tyrod Taylor tells the media that the chargers will turn heads if He’s the one calling the shots

part of leadership is acting with confidence. what do you expect him to say...we're screwed if i'm the starter ?

having said that, the chargers will be drafting a qb in the first round, unless they get jumped in draft. at best he will be a seat warmer.

dont feel sorry for TT, he's easy to cheer for and has done very well financially with over $50 mil in career earnings.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Not beating up on him, I just think that’s a ridiculous claim, plus my ex fiancés team is the Chargers so I’m very happy that they’re gonna be in rebuild mode

What's he supposed to say?  He wants to be the starting QB and has confidence in himself.  Wouldn't every QB?

22 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I still can’t believe that the Browns gave us a 3rd round pick for him. 

And you know since they’ve settled on a 3rd round pick  I would assume Bean must have started the negotiation by asking for a 2nd ?  Bean got no shame !!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Putin said:

And you know since they’ve settled on a 3rd round pick  I would assume Bean must have started the negotiation by asking for a 2nd ?  Bean got no shame !!! 

Not just a 3rd round pick...... the FIRST pick in the 3rd round.

Absolutely.  Chargers rank as near the top if not the top team for a 2020 turnaround.

They are, after all only one season removed from a 13-5 season in 2018.

With a 2019 season that watched them go 5-11 with 9 games lost by 7 or less points, 5 of those games really being 4th quarter loses...

for sure they could win 3-4 more games in 2020 and be the 6th or 7th seed in the AFC Playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

With Tyrod at QB in the playoff game against Jacksonville we crossed midfield one time.  And scored 3 pts.  Enuf said about him being a good QB.  He is fun to watch scramble.  But overall has a very low ceiling.  Take away the bootleg and throwing to the TE dragging late across the short middle of the field and what does he have left? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't see any reason to beat up on him

Why not?  He is the sole reason we didn't make the playoffs those years.  And he was absolutely terrible the one year he lucked into the playoffs.  "But he didn't turn the ball over"  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Too bad he didn't score either.  In my mind a drive that ends with no points, which he excelled at, is just as bad as a turnover.  How did Sammy, Woods, and Goodwin look after they left?  He had the weapons available.  He just refused to take any chances at all.

He looked horrendous in Cleveland too.

Just because he was a nice guy with some great style, doesn't mean he is immune from criticism.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

First off, I have no ill will towards Tyrod. He was a good guy, a great teammate by all accounts, and a class act while he was here in Buffalo. Despite his flaws as a QB, he was the QB that led the team to their first playoff berth in 17 years. We all know what those flaws were, but there is no sense in bashing him for them now. He served this team fairly well in his time here, we got a GREAT return for him, and now he's with Anthony Lynn in LA. Best wishes to Tyrod who has done well for himself and his family in the NFL.

If Tyrod does end up being the starter for the Chargers this year they have a team where he could be semi-successful. They already have a more than solid defense in place and they have some quality weapons on offense. The offensive line still needs some work, but Tyrod is an extremely mobile QB. He's not going to all of a sudden turn into a superstar, but he can be effective. If they remain relatively healthy then they could be competing for a WC spot in the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Why not?  He is the sole reason we didn't make the playoffs those years.  And he was absolutely terrible the one year he lucked into the playoffs.  "But he didn't turn the ball over"  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Too bad he didn't score either.  In my mind a drive that ends with no points, which he excelled at, is just as bad as a turnover.  How did Sammy, Woods, and Goodwin look after they left?  He had the weapons available.  He just refused to take any chances at all.

He looked horrendous in Cleveland too.

Just because he was a nice guy with some great style, doesn't mean he is immune from criticism.

This is just a terrible analysis; sorry. The Bills had their highest ranked scoring teams in 2015 and 2016 this century and two of their very worst defenses as measured by DVOA.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Don’t get me wrong, Tyrod’s a nice guy and I appreciate all his efforts he gave while playing here but he’s gotta be a little realistic lol. Kennan Allen’s gonna be pissed when his numbers drop cause their gonna be a power run first team. 

It would turn my head more if they brought back their theme song...

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’m gonna have to disagree with that. While we didn’t make the playoffs with him Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better QB than Tyrod. I’m not a hater but no bills QB frustrated me more than Tyrod. I rooted for him but I knew even in his first year he wasn’t the answer and that Rex and Whaley were being lazy on the QB position. 

Fitz was/is the ultimate pendulum quarterback. When he is on his game, he's likely one of the top 5 QBs in the league. When he is off his game he is likely one of the bottom 5 QBs. It just so happens that you never know when good/bad Fitz would come out and therefore it was hard to build a consistent offense around him. With Tyrod, albeit very conservative, you knew exactly what you were getting every play.