Tyrod Taylor tells the media that the chargers will turn heads if He’s the one calling the shots

Don’t get me wrong, Tyrod’s a nice guy and I appreciate all his efforts he gave while playing here but he’s gotta be a little realistic lol. Kennan Allen’s gonna be pissed when his numbers drop cause their gonna be a power run first team. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He probably will turn some heads and everyone will talk about how great he is at not turning the ball over, but at the end of the day he doesn't have the upside necessary to do anything of note in the NFL.

Still, when you think about it, Tyrod is one of the better QB's in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

He probably will turn some heads and everyone will talk about how great he is at not turning the ball over, but at the end of the day he doesn't have the upside necessary to do anything of note in the NFL.

Still, when you think about it, Tyrod is one of the better QB's in Bills history.

I’m gonna have to disagree with that. While we didn’t make the playoffs with him Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better QB than Tyrod. I’m not a hater but no bills QB frustrated me more than Tyrod. I rooted for him but I knew even in his first year he wasn’t the answer and that Rex and Whaley were being lazy on the QB position. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’m gonna have to disagree with that. While we didn’t make the playoffs with him Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better QB than Tyrod. I’m not a hater but no bills QB frustrated me more than Tyrod. I rooted for him but I knew even in his first year he wasn’t the answer and that Rex and Whaley were being lazy on the QB position. 

He's not better when you look at wins or stats, so I don't know how he can be considered better than Tyrod. You probably like Fitz more because he took risks. He was a gunslinger. But he was also a losing QB who took risks when he shouldn't have and made the worst mistakes at the worst possible moments.

But honestly, Fitzpatrick is up there too as far as Bills QB's go, but competent QB's in a Bills uniform is a short list.

FYI, I agree that Tyrod was frustrating to watch. I was more than ready to move on from him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He won’t cost em wins with his arm but... he won’t get em any either. The team will rise or fall depending on how their defense and run game perform.

Let us not diss on him too much - in open competition he showed he was better than EJ Manuel but worse than Baker Mayfield.

9 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

He won’t cost em wins with his arm but... he won’t get em any either. The team will rise or fall depending on how their defense and run game perform.

Let us not diss on him too much - in open competition he showed he was better than EJ Manuel but worse than Baker Mayfield.

Not trashing him but saying he’s better than Manuel doesn’t say much

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's not better when you look at wins or stats, so I don't know how he can be considered better than Tyrod. You probably like Fitz more because he took risks. He was a gunslinger. But he was also a losing QB who took risks when he shouldn't have and made the worst mistakes at the worst possible moments.

But honestly, Fitzpatrick is up there too as far as Bills QB's go, but competent QB's in a Bills uniform is a short list.

FYI, I agree that Tyrod was frustrating to watch. I was more than ready to move on from him.

I agree with you on Fitz, definitely was a gunslinger and did throw a lot of INTS at the wrong times. But he took more chances than Tyrod did and put his team in a better position to win more than Tyrod did. I am a Fitz fan definitely. Loved the guy when he played here, good locker room guy and a leader on and off the field. Minus him having a noodle arm there’s really not much bad things to say about Fitzpatrick. I didn’t care for Tyrod too much because minus a few good games he would have he really didn’t strike me as a rah rah type of QB that we desperately needed when he was here. Also didn’t like the fact that Whaley and company allowed themselves to be muscled into signing Tyrod to a 6 year deal, because of tyrods agent demanding that he get a new deal after 2015 or that they would want to look into trade opportunities for another team. I think we should’ve let Tyrod go after 15 and rolled with a different QB in 16. People wanna credit Lynn for what he did with Tyrod in 16 when he was calling plays out of Romans playbook. I wish him the best but it’s pretty obvious he’s not a starter. I compare Tyrod to David Woodley, an athlete trying to play QB

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Not beating up on him, I just think that’s a ridiculous claim, plus my ex fiancés team is the Chargers so I’m very happy that they’re gonna be in rebuild mode

As opposed to what? Him not having any confidence and saying the team is in bad shape with him? 

Good for him and good luck to Tyrod

• Like (+1) 3

Worry less about how well/poor Tyrod does, and worry more about the the way Allen plays for the Bills.  He was below average last year by every metric.  Fortunately for him the front office has gone out of its way to surround him with a good offense, now it's up to Allen.  I mean, Allen has yet to have a better statistical season than Tyrod, so again, worry about Allen.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Good for him.

Go get ‘em, Tyrod.

Oh, and thanks for helping us end the drought. Class act.

We ended the drought in spite of him not because of him, threw a total of only 2,000 yards and 14 tds the whole year. That defense and Shady were the reasons we broke the drought that year also Andy Dalton was responsible as well

1 minute ago, bouds said:

Worry less about how well/poor Tyrod does, and worry more about the the way Allen plays for the Bills.  He was below average last year by every metric.  Fortunately for him the front office has gone out of its way to surround him with a good offense, now it's up to Allen.  I mean, Allen has yet to have a better statistical season than Tyrod, so again, worry about Allen.

What are you talking about Allen played better last year than his rookie year. He’s making strides and progress. Would take Allen over Tyrod in a heartbeat. And his stats have been Better than tyrods last 2-3 years. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, bouds said:

I don't need metrics for me to know which one of the two I'd prefer to follow out on to the field every Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't see any reason to beat up on him

Nor do I.    He doesn't play here anymore.      We get enough ***** posts about the Bills, which are more than sufficient to clog the TSW plumbing...

• Like (+1) 1