Prescience

Foxx

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

IMO if you have never experienced any of these yourself, it's easy to doubt. If you have experienced any of them, it's something you will never forget.

I think the one most common would be the sense of dread. Such as, the phone rings, and you may instantly know that it's to relay news that a particular person just passed away (even if they may not have had any known conditions).

Again, IMO, most times these types of things may have a very personal undertone, to such a degree that one may never admit that it happened other than to close confidants.

I had an interesting occurrence within the past 2 weeks. 

20+ years ago, a friend of a friend had a child in need of life-saving surgery.  The surgery involved a loved one donating part of her liver, a dangerous procedure but one she was willing to undergo.  Back then, money was donated, the community rallied and all went well. 

I have had very little contact with that circle of friends in the past 20 years as my life changed, we moved and our own children were growing up.  So, about 2 weeks ago, really out if the blue, I thought about the family and what an incredible story it was, how they got through it all and just wondered how the young man was doing. 

A few days after that, I found out he had tragically passed away around the time I thought of him. I hesitate to even include that part of the story because it sounds gratuitous, but it is what it is. 

Heartbreaking, the young man is roughly the same age as my daughter and that sort of thing really hits me as I get older.  

No idea beyond anything I just wrote, but I would say that if o had a thought, people can be closed off to that sort of thing, or open to it.  I've had enough experience in my own life that causes me to to believe in something other than just coincidence, though that's possible as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I believe in the collective consciousness. We are all connected. Whether you believe we came from Adam and Eve, aliens or the primordial ooze we all have the same DNA.  So hence the connection. I’ve always wondered why many people and places in my dreams are of people I don’t know or places I’ve never been. They are the memories of those who came before me. ...

like you, Jim, i tend to believe that there is a stream of human consciousness that connects us all. i also think that our individual consciousness has a conduit to the larger consciousness where we feed to and draw from. this conduit could possibly be termed and understood as the sub-conscious. 

i do think that there is a veil (for lack of a better descriptive) that prevents the cognitive perception of the larger "C" by us, the lower "c". i also think, for most of us, that as we age, the veil between the two grows to become almost impenetrable in what we perceive to be our daily waking lives. i do believe we are all able to access it with greater ease while we are young though and that some of us are able to pierce that veil and perceive the "C" while adults.

there are countless instances in recorded history of people who have forecast the future. one thing that seems to be a constant in these future seers through, is the garbling of what it is they see. they may see/sense a picture of something, yet, when it comes to pass, there are many things that are different in actuality from what was seen. however, there are certain elements of the prediction that are unmistakably accurate.

all of which lends to the theory that time is not linear but rather just is. if reincarnation is real and we extrapolate prescience out in a certain way, does this mean my next life could be in what we perceive as the past? have i already lived a future life?

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I went to visit a friend in New Hampshire once. We went out to eat pretty late (like 11pm or so) and got seated in a booth across from a few guys. Got talking to them and it turned out they were jesus people of some kind or another. 

Well at one point one of the guys looked at me and said “son, God has something to tell you.” Dude went on to legit read my mail. Not in broad strokes, specific things, like (for instance) the name of an ex girlfriend I hadn’t seen in months and why we broke up and what I needed to do moving forward. He said things about the future too; I’ve done things or had things happen that I completely forgot about him talking about (predicting? Seeing?) until they came to pass. I never believed in any of that stuff but this shook me. 

There’s a lot of stuff I don’t know but I do know there’s something in or outside the universe beyond what the scientific method can ever help us find.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I went to visit a friend in New Hampshire once. We went out to eat pretty late (like 11pm or so) and got seated in a booth across from a few guys. Got talking to them and it turned out they were jesus people of some kind or another. 

Well at one point one of the guys looked at me and said “son, God has something to tell you.” Dude went on to legit read my mail. Not in broad strokes, specific things, like (for instance) the name of an ex girlfriend I hadn’t seen in months and why we broke up and what I needed to do moving forward. He said things about the future too; I’ve done things or had things happen that I completely forgot about him talking about (predicting? Seeing?) until they came to pass. I never believed in any of that stuff but this shook me. 

There’s a lot of stuff I don’t know but I do know there’s something in or outside the universe beyond what the scientific method can ever help us find.

wild story, Levi. thanks for sharing.

i'm sure many of us are aware that it is believed that we only utilize 5/10% of our brain power.

additionally, we exist within what is known as the electromagnetic system, where light resides. of that system we perceive less than 1% (thought to be somewhere around 0.0035%) of it.

main-qimg-9b0f5e351553794ca2bb3cad7e548f

this means that, essentially, we are unable to see 99% of the reality we reside in. while certain aspects of that spectrum do affect us physically (and perhaps mentally), we are almost oblivious to it in it's entirety.

would it be reasonable to assume that there are things outside of our perception in the reality all around us?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

wild story, Levi. thanks for sharing.

i'm sure many of us are aware that it is believed that we only utilize 5/10% of our brain power.

additionally, we exist within what is known as the electromagnetic system, where light resides. of that system we perceive less than 1% (thought to be somewhere around 0.0035%) of it.

main-qimg-9b0f5e351553794ca2bb3cad7e548f

this means that, essentially, we are unable to see 99% of the reality we reside in. while certain aspects of that spectrum do affect us physically (and perhaps mentally), we are almost oblivious to it in it's entirety.

would it be reasonable to assume that there are things outside of our perception in the reality all around us?

Tibs posts prove that there is something outside our perception of reality.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

So you met John Edwards?

• Like (+1) 2

There are two instances that I can speak about that have stuck with me throughout my life:

When i was about 18 I crossed an old narrow RR bridge that was ok for a car going in both directions but certainly narrow enough that you would proceed with caution. It was nightime and as I was crossing another vehicle was coming in the opposite direction. Suddenly a 3rd car foolishly decided to pass that car in the middle of the bridge and was headed directly at me. Somehow we all escaped a crash, but there was clearly not room for 3 cars to pass. I checked it out during daylight the next day and confirmed that it couldn't have happened, but it did. I've never told a soul about it, afraid that anyone I told would think i was either a liar or crazy. The bridge was replaced a decade later. 

When I was about 12 I often would be dropped off at a lake where I had a Sunfish sailboat and would spend the afternoon sailing. One day shortly after I got the boat I was on the lake when the wind picked up quite a bit. Well, I got "caught in irons" and had no control over the boat. (or so it seemed) Scared the shitoutofme. Well, eventually I figured out what needed to be done and finished the day. When home, my mother asked me what happened about 2:00pm. Not wanting to admit that I was scared I of course claimed "nothing" happened. Looking me in the eye she said she knew better and that she just had a feeling at that time that something was wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Back when I was in the Air Force I had a strange thing happen. My buddy was away TDY (temporary duty) and was expected back soon. Not a super great friend, just one of our crew. So I took a quick nap, and had a dream he walked into the room through the door way from the left hand side. It was just a quick nap, got up walked down the hall way to the day room and was watching TV when he walked into the room in the same way I dreamed it. Coincidence? Who knows. 

• Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you met John Edwards?

Normally South Park is pretty good with their animated approximations but in this case I just don't see the resemblance.

edwardsmugs.JPG?uuid=DLi1ypeHEeCBrihrpDq

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Well first off it’s Jung and secondly what conspiracy is Carl’s that I believe in?  

lol. and... i don't know one could quantify his writings as conspiracy.

now... 99 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean, might be a conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

lol. and... i don't know one could quantify his writings as conspiracy.

now... 99 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean, might be a conspiracy blessing.

FIFY

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well first off it’s Jung and secondly what conspiracy is Carl’s that I believe in?  

I don't think he was very conspiracy oriented. Carl's Jr. though is another story. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

some of the more famous prophets throughout history include...

John: perhaps the most famous prophet, wrote the Book of Revelations.

Nostradamus: wrote what are called quatrains that are not easily deciphered.

Baba Vanga: a blind Bulgarian mystic.

Edgar Cayce: known as the, 'sleeping prophet' but during the time he was alive, he was better known for his healing advice.

Ingo Swan: the worlds preeminent remote viewer.

Mark Taylor: famous for his Trump prophecies.

Sylvia Browne: who predicted that a respiratory illness would spread across the globe in 2020. 

there are lots more but any others of note?

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A pair of related anecdotes that my father, a man who is not into any kind of new age mumbo jumbo, passed along to me over the years

About a year after my grandmother (my fathers mother died), my parents were visiting my grandfather.   He was in a nursing home and they would visit a couple times a week.  When they visited, they would ask if he had any other visitors.  Family, old friends, the usual.  He was in good spirits that day and told them that he spent some time with my grandmother.  My parents kinda let that go, figuring it was close to the anniversary of her death.

He died that night

Several years later, my Mom died of Cancer.  Near the end, as my father tended to her, she told my Dad to be careful, he was getting in the way of the two men.  Later,  she said to my father.  "Dad".  My father replied that he was there (my parents called each other Mom and Dad).  She said, "No, Dad.  Your Dad".  He said, "Yes, I'm Dad".  She was weak but able to pull the oxygen from her nose, and in a lucid voice said "No, your Dad is here".

And the "two men"...my grandfather was a twin

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

some of the more famous prophets throughout history include...

John: perhaps the most famous prophet, wrote the Book of Revelations.

Nostradamus: wrote what are called quatrains that are not easily deciphered.

Baba Vanga: a blind Bulgarian mystic.

Edgar Cayce: known as the, 'sleeping prophet' but during the time he was alive, he was better known for his healing advice.

Ingo Swan: the worlds preeminent remote viewer.

Mark Taylor: famous for his Trump prophecies.

Sylvia Browne: who predicted that a respiratory illness would spread across the globe in 2020. 

there are lots more but any others of note?

You left out Mother Parker predicting that Ralphie would put out someone's eye with his Red Ryder BB gun. 

• Haha (+1) 2