“Old” movies to watch with kids

The Problem Child movies were great.  Dennis the Menace 

3 hours ago, teef said:

The original Charlie and the chocolate factory  is a winner with our 5 years old.  Same with some of the muppet movies. 

Also, the never ending story. 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Much older movie:

What's Up Doc?

Stuff I watched as a kid:

Muppet Movie series

Close Encounters of the third kind

Can't think of many more at the moment, they'll probably come to me while I'm trying to sleep.

I still to this day think The Muppet Family Christmas Special is the best Christmas special of all-time.  Something to keep in mind for your little ones when the holiday season rolls around this year.  Pretty sure you can watch it off YouTube.  

45 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Who in their right mind would watch  A Clockwork Orange with a child? 

No one I know but Swiss Family Robinson was one we watched whenever it was on... I saw it in the theatre when I was a kid for fifty cents.

14 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

my kids really like The Sound of Music and the original Pinocchio. That said, I didn’t realize there were scenes in Pinocchio of him smoking cigars when he was being a “bad” kid. Not ideal for kids under age 8 to see, IMO.

BTW, we never really got into a lot of Disney and Pixar movies, except Frozen. Been watching some of them recently and shocked at how good some of them are. The movie “Inside Out” is totally genius. I can’t believe someone came up with that concept—

it’s really brilliant. Just watched “Ralph breaks the internet” last night and it was similar in the sense of being really imaginative with how the internet worked. 

Yep. Both great movies.

Frozen is dumb.

Also, I watched Pinocchio when I was a kid. Never smoked a day in my life. The fact that he's smoking when he's bad is exactly the right message, is it not?

12 hours ago, teef said:

Also, the never ending story. 

Abso-*****-lutely

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

my kids really like The Sound of Music and the original Pinocchio. That said, I didn’t realize there were scenes in Pinocchio of him smoking cigars when he was being a “bad” kid. Not ideal for kids under age 8 to see, IMO.

BTW, we never really got into a lot of Disney and Pixar movies, except Frozen. Been watching some of them recently and shocked at how good some of them are. The movie “Inside Out” is totally genius. I can’t believe someone came up with that concept—

it’s really brilliant. Just watched “Ralph breaks the internet” last night and it was similar in the sense of being really imaginative with how the internet worked. 

Seeing Lampwick, in shadows, turning into a donkey is far more disturbing than seeing Pinocchio smoke. 

• Like (+1) 1