ESPN ranks all 2019 picks

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28946190/how-2019-nfl-first-round-draft-picks-fared-store-2020

I think the grade on Oliver is too high. I think he is on his way to being great but I am certainly not happy if he has already hit his plateau. I also think the rating on Murray is too high also, the rest seemed fair from the limited amounts I saw of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

Oliver is ascending and so was horrible Harry last season'; Harrison Philips was getting pentetrations as well before the ACL injury early season against CIncy...the DT metrics show our new acquisition Quinton Jefferson as have the #4 DT win rate for sacks-pressures per ESPN, but that was going against single team blocking not double; but still am psyched to see all this talent and depth so should be better against the run and Addison should be better off the edge than Shaq was else they wouldn't have gone in that direction

42 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28946190/how-2019-nfl-first-round-draft-picks-fared-store-2020

I think the grade on Oliver is too high. I think he is on his way to being great but I am certainly not happy if he has already hit his plateau. I also think the rating on Murray is too high also, the rest seemed fair from the limited amounts I saw of them. 

In what way do you think he has hit his plateau as a rookie? From what I saw, he was getting better as the season went on. 

Also, those numbers are not the ranking, they are their drafted positions. The ranking is at the bottom of each player (star, starter, work to do)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They just went by draft position and did grades, there’s no way you can rank him above Oliver. 

good ol jets lmfao how many first round dts can you possibly draft

apparently one per year

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Htt2821 said:

In what way do you think he has hit his plateau as a rookie? From what I saw, he was getting better as the season went on. 

Also, those numbers are not the ranking, they are their drafted positions. The ranking is at the bottom of each player (star, starter, work to do)

They labeled him a star already, which to me means a top ten at his position already ala Boss. Oliver to me is on his way to being top 10 but definitely not there yet, I expect him to be better next year and in successive years.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

They labeled him a star already, which to me means a top ten at his position already ala Boss. Oliver to me is on his way to being top 10 but definitely not there yet, I expect him to be better next year and in successive years.

You clearly didn’t read the beginning because the scale is for 2020. They are projecting Oliver as a star in 2020. There is nothing to suggest otherwise.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You clearly didn’t read the beginning because the scale is for 2020. They are projecting Oliver as a star in 2020. There is nothing to suggest otherwise.

I still do not expect him to be top 10 this year based on last year. Maybe they mean simply a star compared to the rest of the group because a lot of them are not impressive. If I am wrong about him being a pro bowler next year I will own it gladly.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I still do not expect him to be top 10 this year based on last year. Maybe they mean simply a star compared to the rest of the group because a lot of them are not impressive. If I am wrong about him being a pro bowler next year I will own it gladly.

Tough for DTs to get the stats in our scheme but Oliver is bonafide already imo

Kid plays violent

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oliver was 7th in pass rush win rate for DTs. He did that as a rookie who got off to a slow start. He was a REALLY good player late in the year. He’s absolutely going to be a star starting this year.

100% correct. He actually played really well week 1 at the Jets and then had his ups and downs for 4 or 5 weeks but by midseason he was playing at a really high level. 

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He was 7th in pass rush win rate as a DT last year. Why don’t you expect him top 10 this year? The 2nd half of last year he was arguably the 2nd most disruptive DT in the league behind Donald. There’s nothing, at anytime in his career, to suggest he will be anything but a star. He was a 1st team All-American as a true freshman. He was 1st team All-American all 3 years. I’m not sure what the rest of us are missing? 

Asked a different way, who are the 10 DTs that you expect to be better than him this year?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

Future performance is not guaranteed by past results.  But, what else do writers have to go on, who have to write SOMETHING during the offseason?

Some of the players who got the lowest grade (have a lot to prove) were injured for most or all of their rookie years.  The writeups still said they were expected to be great, and yet they got that low grade.  So, the writeups are a good evaluation of each player's situation, but the grades are silly.

As for Oliver, I have always wondered if he's heavy enough to play DT in the NFL.  It looks like he's going to do well despite being a little on the light side.  It might help him to get even better when he has Harrison back next to him. 

If Oliver keeps progressing this year, builds on what he did last year,  and QuintinJefferson plays up to his potential (he's 26), the Bills defense may be even better this year, more unforgiving and with more big plays.

I think signing Jefferson and Diggs will be considered two of the top 10 off season moves in the NFL. Go Bean and McDermott.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t trust any grown man who goes by Timmy to know what’s he talking about. But that’s just me.

I’m old, crotchety and set in my ways..?‍♂️

Whatever you say Mustache.