Super Bowl window of opportunity is now

14 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I agree that to have sustained success you need to look at roster and salary cap management with the long view.  I think you also need to take advantage of a situation when it presents itself to you, and I think we are in a legitimate window to bring a Super Bowl back to Buffalo in the next two years.

We have a QB on his rookie contract, most of the other "skill players" are also on reasonable contracts.  We have an established offense and defense in a League where we will have a truncated off season placing those franchises with new head coaches (5) new D coordinators (11) and new O coordinators (10) at a serious competitive disadvantage.  How many more teams will have a new QB under center?  On top of that we are now sitting in a division where for the first time in 20 years we are favored to win and grab a home playoff game.

Everything is lining up this year for the Bills (if we have a season).  This year is the best chance we've had to win a Lombardi since the Kelly Era.  It's not the time for Beane to be timid, it's time for him to strike while the iron is hot.  All I want is just one Super Bowl for the Bills in my lifetime, for these long suffering fans and our beleaguered city.  That's all I ask for.  My brothers and I buried our wonderful father last year in his favorite Buffalo Bills sweatshirt.  He never got to see his Buffalo Bills, Braves, or Sabres win a championship.

It's f***ing time. 

STRONG post! On board with everything you state except the bolded -which is nitpicking a bit.. ‘99 was an overall better team than any of the SB teams, with the exception of Kelly. We deserved to win in Tennessee and they went on to 1 yard shy of forcing OT in SB. 

I too, as many here have, laid to rest too many wonderful, loving influences in my life who never experienced an NFL title. At this stage in my life, I don’t care if it’s with replacement players. I’ll hang Todd Shlopy posters from my flagpole!

#Window 

Get used to it! Buy in!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I agree that to have sustained success you need to look at roster and salary cap management with the long view.  I think you also need to take advantage of a situation when it presents itself to you, and I think we are in a legitimate window to bring a Super Bowl back to Buffalo in the next two years.

We have a QB on his rookie contract, most of the other "skill players" are also on reasonable contracts.  We have an established offense and defense in a League where we will have a truncated off season placing those franchises with new head coaches (5) new D coordinators (11) and new O coordinators (10) at a serious competitive disadvantage.  How many more teams will have a new QB under center?  On top of that we are now sitting in a division where for the first time in 20 years we are favored to win and grab a home playoff game.

Everything is lining up this year for the Bills (if we have a season).  This year is the best chance we've had to win a Lombardi since the Kelly Era.  It's not the time for Beane to be timid, it's time for him to strike while the iron is hot.  All I want is just one Super Bowl for the Bills in my lifetime, for these long suffering fans and our beleaguered city.  That's all I ask for.  My brothers and I buried our wonderful father last year in his favorite Buffalo Bills sweatshirt.  He never got to see his Buffalo Bills, Braves, or Sabres win a championship.

It's f***ing time. 

I couldn't agree more amen brother 

GO BILLS

We should be the first team to refuse to let the window close. Mike Florio has been calling for some team to do that for years. How do you do it? You take a talented roster-builder like Beane and you give him the guts to move on from a QB when it's time to pay him. One way to do this? Draft a QB every year. The only other way to keep the window open is to have a Tom Brady who takes huge discounts.

22 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We should be the first team to refuse to let the window close. Mike Florio has been calling for some team to do that for years. How do you do it? You take a talented roster-builder like Beane and you give him the guts to move on from a QB when it's time to pay him. One way to do this? Draft a QB every year. The only other way to keep the window open is to have a Tom Brady who takes huge discounts.

Well if you think about it, it’s kind of the way college teams operate with regards to the QB rotation...certain teams manage to stay competitive every year...now, obviously teams like Alabama get an influx of 5 star recruits every year- but that’s where Beane will have to earn his money in the draft and FA...very interesting though, about the revolving door at QB every 4-5 years...

• Like (+1) 1