NFL Network, Steve Smith Sr....

I’ve only seen him a couple times but each time I’ve seen him he’d rather play the I’m unfiltered tough guy just like he was when he played, which I’m sure NFL network wants him to be like. 

I think it makes him a worse analyst but I’m sure they live it if it means more eyeballs, clicks, and social media attention 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, I think the NFL Network could be so much better....I can't think of a single personality on the network that I think is really good...Kurt Warner, maybe....Willie McGinnest...and Amber Theo Harris has great legs...Steve Smith and Marshall Faulk may be the worst of the bunch. The ones that aren't "too bad" are only not "too bad" in comparison to the others on the network.  They just seem to go for the lowest common denominator...all the time.  I love the idea of the NFL Network, but it is just hot garbage for the most part. I always here people, sort of generically, praise the Good Morning Football show, but it makes me cringe...

I don’t disagree as Smith is annoying.  I don’t remember as someone else pointed out the racist comments.  As far as Faulk, he’s a douche.  When the Steelers played the Cardinals in the SB in Tampa, I was asked to put together a little less than half the coaches at the NFL experience.  It’s cool as the kids really enjoy it, and you run drills etc. with current and former players and a coach or two the days I was there.  Well, Faulk came into to talk with Boys and Girls Club kids, and was the biggest prick to us coaches who thought we were volunteering our time.  Later, we were paid and was pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I lost all respect for that guy that day.

17 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I give Smith some benefit because he almost took down the Pats with Delhomme. He was a beast for a few years. 

He had 8, 1000 yard seasons in a 16 year career. Even in his 16th season he was still a solid player. He is for sure a HOF player even if he is a douche.

• Like (+1) 1