Predict how the unsettled QB rooms will settle

ny33

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Pittsburgh?

I don't think Cam to NE makes sense, personally.

No it doesn’t, Belichick is the last person that would deal with Newton’s premadonna attitude/mood swings. Plus nobody can sign newton till he passes a physical. His body looks more banged up than RG3’s did

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The only tickets Rosen will help sell is to his family and once he's benched for Tyrod they won't even watch.

OC will mold him for the XFL .

LOL Miami is not trading Rosen to a divisional rival. If they trade him I assume they’re gonna trade him outside of the AFC East. That’s if they trade him though

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

PIT just gave Big Ben another 20 million in guaranteed bonus in a restructure.  He's the starter for 2 more years.

I think he's going to flame out this year. 

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Cam is anything BUT a precision passer. I don’t see that either. 

I think this might be why NE passes on Cam.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

And I don't see Bill Belichick wanting to deal with his antics and ego.

FAMOUS. LAST. WORDS.   Belichick has demonstrated over and over again that he doesn't care about off-field flamboyance if the player does his job.   Randy Moss and Gronk come to mind.  I wouldn't factor this into whether Cam goes to NE or elsewhere.

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Bellichick will trade for Josh Rosen and will have his OC mold him into a good QB

I think that Rosen will be cut before he's traded to NE. 

8 hours ago, Cal said:

NE - Stidham 

LAC - Tyrod and Love

Pittsburgh - Ben

Cincy - Burrow 

Miami - Cam and Tua

Jameis goes to Saints to backup Brees

i think that Flores and the Fins really like Fitzpatrick as a tutor for Tua because he's  absolutely the best bridge QB a team could have: a knowledgeable, competent veteran without illusions about being the long term starter.

I don't think the Saints will invest their limited cap space in a high profile backup QB.  They might be a landing spot for Rosen for a mid/late draft pick however.

12 hours ago, ny33 said:

LAC: Tyrod with a tier 2 rookie (Jordan Love)

Cincy: Burrow

Miami: Tua

NE: Cam

Pittsburgh: Jameis 

How does NE do this? They barely have enough money to pay their draft picks. They have a bunch of them too. I would be more concerned about what they pull out of their hat through draft.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I can’t see the Chargers moving into that new stadium, with no fans, and Tyrod under Center. I’m guessing they make a move that’ll sell some seats. Cam? High profile rookie? (Rosen, didn’t sell seats when he was at UCLA.)

That the Chargers let Rivers walk says to me that they're looking to build a winning team rather than simply selling tix.  Rivers just hasn't been good enough for them.  They will only bring in Cam if he's healthy ... and they think he can not only be a better starter than Taylor but that they don't like any of the QBs likely to be available when they pick in the first round.

I think Jameis should go to the Chargers and compete with Tyrod. Tyrod could teach Jamies how to be more conservative and gunshy. That would not stop them from drafting a guy high like Love or Herbert. Something tells me that the league will want Tua there in LA and try to tap into the Hawaiian fan base. But boy they have a glaring hole at the left tackle spot.

The Steelers idea is a really good one. I think Mike Tomlin could reel Winston in and he could take over for Big Ben. 

I do think that Cam could wind up in in NE with his knowledge of the EP passing system. 

I think the league will work to make sure Tua gets to LA, so I think the Dolphins wind up grabbing Love or Herbert, or trying to work that trade with the Bengals, but I do think the Bengals wind up with Burrow. 

La: Tua

Pitt: Winston

Cincy: Burrow

NE: Cam

Miami: Love

Edited by MrEpsYtown

11 hours ago, MJS said:

And I don't see Bill Belichick wanting to deal with his antics and ego.

So, you're saying the guy that signed AB and CLEARLY wanted to keep him despite everything before Kraft stepped in and demanded he be released for PR reasons wouldn't deal with antics and ego?

Hogwash. 

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

That the Chargers let Rivers walk says to me that they're looking to build a winning team rather than simply selling tix.  Rivers just hasn't been good enough for them.  They will only bring in Cam if he's healthy ... and they think he can not only be a better starter than Taylor but that they don't like any of the QBs likely to be available when they pick in the first round.

I look at it the other way. Letting Rivers walk means they want a fresh start....and they REALLY need one.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

I think this might be why NE passes on Cam.

FAMOUS. LAST. WORDS.   Belichick has demonstrated over and over again that he doesn't care about off-field flamboyance if the player does his job.   Randy Moss and Gronk come to mind.  I wouldn't factor this into whether Cam goes to NE or elsewhere.

Except Cam lets it affect his play on the field. When things go wrong he shuts down and puts a towel over his head.

38 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So, you're saying the guy that signed AB and CLEARLY wanted to keep him despite everything before Kraft stepped in and demanded he be released for PR reasons wouldn't deal with antics and ego?

Hogwash. 

Yes, because it bleeds into his play on the field.

Edited by MJS

14 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Cam ends up starting for the Chargers. They need to have their  Drs give him a thorough review but that’s his spot.

I think the fit of Cam with Tyrod backing him up makes a ton of sense, but I think the Bolts might be going into tank mode for a QB next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

LOL Miami is not trading Rosen to a divisional rival. If they trade him I assume they’re gonna trade him outside of the AFC East. That’s if they trade him though

Unless they think he is a hot mess, then they may give him away.  After a season of seeing him, Flores should know how to defend Rosen.

23 minutes ago, White Linen said:

How could NE afford Brady if he wanted to come back and not Cam?

As soon as Brady was not coming back to NE his dead money hit and since then NE has signed other FAs.

Personally I believe BB wasn't working hard to re-sign him.