Share Your Bold Buffalo Bills 2020 Draft Prediction

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'd *****.

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If the Bills are ever gonna trade next year's first rounder...................

it'll be for Joey Bosa.

WideeyedNegativeBinturong-size_restricte

I know we can't have both the same year?!?!?!??!?! AGGGHHHHH!!!! McCaffrey 1st since Bosa can hit FA 1st!

16 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Everyone is thinking offense with this draft.... I think it will be heavy on defense especially in the higher rounds 

Yeah, I think RB or WR is possible at 54. My guess is that they are enamored with one of those ultra-athletic safeties. They look at them as chess pieces. The Bills love big, athletic freaks (see: Edmunds, Tremaine and Allen, Joshua). Those guys make WAY too much sense.

Quarterman is more of a feeling. I think that he brings a little of that “edge” to the team that left with Shaq and Phillips. He’s physical. He will be more of a role player depth guy but think he adds some physicality.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

For a back and a WR they do.... they need at least one some what high draft pick at WR to push Foster or McKenzie off the roster....and of course another good back to share the load with Singletary.

Ok, you are talking about a backup RB and a number 4 (at best) WR. As I said, not a lot of room on the roster. They could throw a rock and find that receiver in this draft. You could EASILY draft a guy in the 4th or 5th that could fill that role if you don’t have a guy you like earlier. 

In terms of the back, there are a bunch of guys in each round that could fill that role as well. If they sign someone like Hyde or Miller that lessens the need for that position as well. The Bills are absolutely in position to add BPA.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I hear you.... just want to ensure they give Josh everything he needs to be successful this year and would love some really solid depth at the WR position and another playmaker. 

They have tons of depth everywhere but RB on offense. They have back every WR and added a number 1. They have one of the best WR rooms in the NFL now. They have a top 10 overall WR, a top 5 number 2 WR and a top 5 to 10 slot guy. Behind them they have a burner, a big body, a gadget guy and a pro bowl return man. If they see an opportunity to upgrade they will take it but the NEED is pretty much non-existent. 

There is an obvious need at RB but it will certainly be addressed. My guess is that they add 2 to the mix (FA and draft). Fortunately RBs are easy to find. There is a very minimal adjustment period for them. You can find a contributor wherever. 

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They have tons of depth everywhere but RB on offense. They have back every WR and added a number 1. They have one of the best WR rooms in the NFL now. They have a top 10 overall WR, a top 5 number 2 WR and a top 5 to 10 slot guy. Behind them they have a burner, a big body, a gadget guy and a pro bowl return man. If they see an opportunity to upgrade they will take it but the NEED is pretty much non-existent. 

There is an obvious need at RB but it will certainly be addressed. My guess is that they add 2 to the mix (FA and draft). Fortunately RBs are easy to find. There is a very minimal adjustment period for them. You can find a contributor wherever. 

On that note, I was going to post the following bold prediction:

RB  Cam Akers RD 2

WR Antonio Gandy-Golden RD3

RB AJ Dillon RD4

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know I keep saying it, but Beane acknowledged in the offseason that the Bills needed to score more points and, specifically, needed to add more "touchdown makers". Obviously, Diggs is a big touchdown maker, and that was a huge addition...but it's still only one addition. I want a big time addition to the running back room -- I love Motor, but good, modern NFL offenses often have at least two good backs, not one, and besides: Singletary is just 5 foot 7, and I'd like to think that if he misses a stretch of games here or there, it won't derail the Bills offense.

As for the WR corps: I agree that the top three are as rock solid as it gets, but I want depth and youth. None of Robert Foster, Isaiah McKenzie, or Duke Williams are reasons not to add a good young receiver to the room if there's one available. For instance, suppose pick number 54 rolls around and Leviska Shenault or Tee Higgins are on the board. Me? I ABSOLUTELY want to add one of those guys. Ditto running back. I don't want to bypass highly talented backs in rounds 2-4 in the hopes that someone falls to round 5 or 6. Yes, you CAN find running backs late, but MOST of the good, dynamic backs in the NFL were drafted by round 4.

Bottom line: The Bills defense is still top 5. Their offense, until further notice, is still bottom 7. And if the argument is "they have depth everywhere but RB on offense", I'd counter with "yeah, but they also have depth everywhere on defense". You could make an argument that CB2 or Edge could use one more body...but it's no stronger an argument than that which says that the WR and RB rooms need more bodies. And given how far the Bills offense is behind its defense, I'm leaning toward offense all the way.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Logic said:

I know I keep saying it, but Beane acknowledged in the offseason that the Bills needed to score more points and, specifically, needed to add more "touchdown makers". Obviously, Diggs is a big touchdown maker, and that was a huge addition...but it's still only one addition. I want a big time addition to the running back room -- I love Motor, but good, modern NFL offenses often have at least two good backs, not one, and besides: Singletary is just 5 foot 7, and I'd like to think that if he misses a stretch of games here or there, it won't derail the Bills offense.

As for the WR corps: I agree that the top three are as rock solid as it gets, but I want depth and youth. None of Robert Foster, Isaiah McKenzie, or Duke Williams are reasons not to add a good young receiver to the room if there's one available. For instance, suppose pick number 54 rolls around and Leviska Shenault or Tee Higgins are on the board. Me? I ABSOLUTELY want to add one of those guys. Ditto running back. I don't want to bypass highly talented backs in rounds 2-4 in the hopes that someone falls to round 5 or 6. Yes, you CAN find running backs late, but MOST of the good, dynamic backs in the NFL were drafted by round 4.

Bottom line: The Bills defense is still top 5. Their offense, until further notice, is still bottom 7. And if the argument is "they have depth everywhere but RB on offense", I'd counter with "yeah, but they also have depth everywhere on defense". You could make an argument that CB2 or Edge could use one more body...but it's no stronger an argument than that which says that the WR and RB rooms need more bodies. And given how far the Bills offense is behind its defense, I'm leaning toward offense all the way.

That’s my exact point. RB is (maybe) the only real “NEED” left. There are a lot of places that they could improve but the need is gone. A young edge would be a good investment as an example.

In terms of the “TD maker” you are missing the positive impact that Diggs has on everyone else. He instantly makes every other pass catcher’s job easier. Brown couldn’t beat the extra attention. It’s like what happened to Ju-Ju last year. When you bump him back to the #2 he becomes a bigger threat. Safeties will have to role towards Diggs opening up the middle of the field and running lanes. More plays will be made just by having Diggs on the field. Beane knows that. He didn’t need “a” guy in the WR room. He needed “the” guy in there. That’s the difference.

They absolutely could, and should continue to add talent. The point was (and is) outside of backup RB this team doesn’t have a massive hole anywhere. Get the best players that you can.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Your right. The need isn’t there.... I just don’t really like any of the receivers behind Brown, Diggs, and Beasley outside of maybe Duke..... just want to see them upgrade the depth in a stacked class in case one of those 3 goes down for a significant period of time. 

How many teams’ 4th WR do you love? That’s kind of the point. I think that they add a guy but even if they don’t it’s not going to make a huge difference this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 1