Ozark - Season 3

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

How the ***** is Marty And his family still alive??

Because Marty is irreplaceable.

The rest of them owe their lives to him. That's why I hate Wendy for getting so cocky. She didn't realize her place on the totem pole until the situation with Ben.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Because Marty is the smartest one of them all.  And I'm expecting him to become the drug kingpin by the end of it.

That would be a big departure from where his head was at this season...

If Wendy can reign in her ambition to safe levels, then maybe they both could do it. But Marty by himself is not gunning for that position.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Because Marty is irreplaceable.

The rest of them owe their lives to him. That's why I hate Wendy for getting so cocky. She didn't realize her place on the totem pole until the situation with Ben.

I was wondering why she (and everyone) blamed him for getting them into this situation and why he didn't push back.  It was his business partner who did that, and Marty saved them all.  She did realize that they should have left when they had the chance but she kept them there.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was wondering why she (and everyone) blamed him for getting them into this situation and why he didn't push back.  It was his business partner who did that, and Marty saved them all.  She did realize that they should have left when they had the chance but she kept them there.

Yeah, Wendy is more like Walt from Breaking Bad. She puts up the front that her actions are for her family, but it's really because she wants power and she loves doing what she's good at.

The arcade game metaphor was powerful. Marty simply wants to beat the game. He'll put in the money until he completely wins. Wendy wants to BE the game, forcing others to keep giving her money.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I loved/love "Breaking Bad," "Sons of Anarchy," "Better Call Saul," "Boardwalk Empire," and the 1st 5-6 seasons of "Walking Dead."

I don't like "Billions" or the last few seasons of "Walking Dead."

With that limited information, would anyone be able to tell me if I'd like "Ozark" and if it's worth getting into?

I would think if you enjoyed BB then you definitely would enjoy Ozark. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just started watching this show during the quarantine.  I have gotten through all episodes from the first through the end of season 1.  Great show.

Ruth is awesome and I have new found respect for Jonah after *spoiler* he barged into Helen’s holding the gun to her.  I was a fan of Buddy too (the old man who lived with the Byrds until he died).  He was kind of a dirty old man but I grew to like his character.

Edited by Talley56

17 hours ago, Talley56 said:

I just started watching this show during the quarantine.  I have gotten through all episodes from the first through the end of season 1.  Great show.

Ruth is awesome and I have new found respect for Jonah after *spoiler* he barged into Helen’s holding the gun to her.  I was a fan of Buddy too (the old man who lived with the Byrds until he died).  He was kind of a dirty old man but I grew to like his character.

KEEP GOING.

12 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

KEEP GOING.

I was a little confused as to what you meant, but then I reread my post.  I said I watched through the end of season 1 but I meant to say I have watched all the way through season 3, oops.  So I'm caught up.

Edited by Talley56

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I was a little confused as to what you meant, but then I reread my post.  I said I watched through the end of season 1 but I meant to say I have watched all the way through season 3, oops.  So I'm caught up.

Let's let @plenzmd1 tell us what happened with his thinly-veiled clues...........

I had to search earlier because i kept seeing clickbait ads online that talked about what shows are canceled and they had photos from Ozarks

They haven't announced its been renewed (the writers say they have plans to go 5 seasons if netflix will do it) yet, and I can't see why they would cancel it,  but this is Netflix and they would probably just come up with a stupid reason or say costs are too high to continue and cancel the show

I like OZARK and have seen it all so far.

But if you haven't watched "YOU" you should check it out, also on Netflix.

Overall, it's a better piece of television than "Ozark" IMO.

Ozark is like a B+ attempt at being Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Nah. YOU is absolute trash.

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yikes.   This is very very bad. 

Kinda like all the Josh Allen stinks content you’ve provided.    

Edited by Teddy KGB