Ozark - Season 3

Figured as long as we are quarantined and binge watching we should break out threads on the most watched material. 

I’m through 4 episodes so far and like it more than season 2 at this point. Still trying to really wrap my head around Ben’s role in all of this but I’m sure it will crystallize soon. 

Wendy is a bad b****. She is tough and intimidating. She’s really the ruthless one in the group. It feels like this will evolve to her as the alpha-female that, to this point, was Helen.

I really like Ruthie as well. She’s a ride or die. You can trust her (at least I think). 

My opinion on all of this is subject to change as I navigate the rest of the season. Just wanted to open it up for discussion.

I will vote for Laura Linney for whatever top award is out there for a streaming show for Best Actor. She's INCREDIBLE!

Oh, and yeah, she can launder my money anytime.

Spoiler alert, there's a "trust the process" reference!

Edited by Seasons1992
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I will vote for Laura Linney for whatever top award is out there for a streaming show for Best Actor. She's INCREDIBLE!

Oh, and yeah, she can launder my money anytime.

Spoiler alert, there's a "trust the process" reference!

Laura Linney does well. I'd be fine if Wendy is killed off, though, lol.

I wonder if Marty is having flashbacks to his original partner that was killed. He was the ambitious, boisterous, go-getter that wasn't really essential to the operation. Wendy is the same way.

14 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Laura Linney does well. I'd be fine if Wendy is killed off, though, lol.

I wonder if Marty is having flashbacks to his original partner that was killed. He was the ambitious, boisterous, go-getter that wasn't really essential to the operation. Wendy is the same way.

That’s kind of an interesting thought. Marty really ends up being the confident, level-headed mastermind. He doesn’t use emotion to direct his business decisions in anyway. Everything that he does is well thought-out and reasoned. Wendy has that desire to be the best but she can get caught up in her perception. The horse farm is a good example of this. 

Quick question for those who finished season 2 and at least started 3....

Did the show address at all the fact that the Byrde's office was fire bombed by Frank and the KC mob the end of season 2?

Maybe I am mis-remembering how that went down in season 2 but it seemed kind of odd to me that season 3 just starts with them working with Frank and the KC mob without any mention of how things had unfolded in season 2. I feel like there is some resolution/negotiation piece missing that would have connected the dots better between the two seasons.

Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Quick question for those who finished season 2 and at least started 3....

Did the show address at all the fact that the Byrde's office was fire bombed by Frank and the KC mob the end of season 2?

Maybe I am mis-remembering how that went down in season 2 but it seemed kind of odd to me that season 3 just starts with them working with Frank and the KC mob without any mention of how things had unfolded in season 2. I feel like there is some resolution/negotiation piece missing that would have connected the dots better between the two seasons.

Thoughts?

I though the same thing. They swept that bombing right under the rug. No evidence of it or mention of it at all.