Draft "Boards"

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Loaded question and VERY difficult to pick but gun to your head Bills pick at 54? (No pressure)

Hugely difficult to pick. I have to know who is there haha. Personally I doubt receiver or running back so I am going to strike those guys out. Tight End is only possible if Kmet is still there I think and he will be gone. Won't be a Quarterback and I'd be surprised if it was offensive line. 

I think Greenard and Anae are probably gone.... I am going to say Kyle Dugger. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

How cool would it be to see all the teams' actual draft board (obv after the draft).They could be posted at a set time and date. Maybe after the last cut down date. 

It sure would but teams don't want to let out their secrets and I understand why.

But you brought up something interesting.  With this years draft not having all the hype about fans and draft activities it would be cool to

maybe get a former GM to show people how teams generally put a board together.

They got a lot of time to fill with pre-draft hype.  Hopefully someone over at the NFL Network will think of something like that.

3 hours ago, jdonley1180 said:

Serious question. Many posters refer to players as being higher or lower on their, "Boards". Does anyone seriously make up a draft board, whether its literally a white board or a spreadsheet? Or is this just a figure of forum speech... asking for a friend

I think it is a typo - Draft Bored.

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It sure would but teams don't want to let out their secrets and I understand why.

But you brought up something interesting.  With this years draft not having all the hype about fans and draft activities it would be cool to

maybe get a former GM to show people how teams generally put a board together.

They got a lot of time to fill with pre-draft hype.  Hopefully someone over at the NFL Network will think of something like that.

The NFL could force each team to reveal draft board. 

Actually the transparency could help teams. If one team was going to cut someone they could see which team liked him the most and get something vs cutting him.

16 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

The NFL could force each team to reveal draft board. 

Actually the transparency could help teams. If one team was going to cut someone they could see which team liked him the most and get something vs cutting him.

Never happen imo.  Reputations are at stake for the players they do draft enough as it is.  No one wants to be on the hook for the evaluations of the players that they did not take as well.

Do any of these draftnics have the testicoli to post their board publicly in GoogleSheets? That would be fun.

I wouldn't mock them for their bravado. I would praise them for their openness and honesty... and find great curiosity in their findings.

12 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Never happen imo.  Reputations are at stake for the players they do draft enough as it is.  No one wants to be on the hook for the evaluations of the players that they did not take as well.

Never is a long time but I agree. The only way this happens is for the NFL to make money out of it. 

3 minutes ago, boater said:

Do any of these draftnics have the testicoli to post their board publicly in GoogleSheets? That would be fun.

I wouldn't mock them for their bravado. I would praise them for their openness and honesty... and find great curiosity in their findings.

I've offered my 2019 board up. My 2020 board is still a work in progress but happy for people to see my 2019 board.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Loaded question and VERY difficult to pick but gun to your head Bills pick at 54? (No pressure)

At this point I’ll guess Bryce Hall or Noah Igbinoghene

42 minutes ago, boater said:

I’ll post my 2020 board come draft week

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hugely difficult to pick. I have to know who is there haha. Personally I doubt receiver or running back so I am going to strike those guys out. Tight End is only possible if Kmet is still there I think and he will be gone. Won't be a Quarterback and I'd be surprised if it was offensive line. 

I think Greenard and Anae are probably gone.... I am going to say Kyle Dugger. 

I would tend to lean towards one of the safeties as well. Ultimately depends who is there but safety seems like a good match of BPA, system value, and need. I think Dugger is probably the one they’re hoping for as well but it’s a really deep safety class so tough to say which guys will be there at 54. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What truth

your just flat wrong

So you CAN account, in your mock drafts, for awful decisions made by GMs on draft day?

or

GMs don't make awful decisions on draft day?

or

A stud WR would not make more of an impact on scoring than a stud OG?

or 

Passing on a 2nd round  WR last year is NOT why we had to use a 1st round pick to secure a #1 WR this year?

Which are you struggling with?

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you CAN account, in your mock drafts, for awful decisions made by GMs on draft day?

or

GMs don't make awful decisions on draft day?

or

A stud WR would not make more of an impact on scoring than a stud OG?

or 

Passing on a 2nd round  WR last year is NOT why we had to use a 1st round pick to secure a #1 WR this year?

Which are you struggling with?

Just point out the bad gm draft decisions

then while your at it slow me how ALL god don’t do the exact same thing

then even though ppl try to explain to you countless times that rookies don’t all mature at the same rate but you keep o with h your billshit

or the fact that diggs is  a better investment because you KNOW your getting a very good player

Just because beane didn’t do it the way YOU wanted it didn’t make it wrong

I've seen some big boards - sites like Drafttek.  When I see a mock draft mock a player to the Bills with whom I am unfamiliar, I'll do an online search for some scouting reports like those that The Draft Network produces.  That's about as "in depth" as I'll go.

I’ve been to a Bills Super Bowl. I’ve been to The Masters. I’ve been to major tennis tournaments. I’ve been to Sweet 16 NCAA basketball. 

If I could choose any “sporting event” to attend for the rest of my life, it would be to sit in the Bills war room on Draft Day. Second place isn’t even close. 

• Like (+1) 1

No. I would have to look at most of the games for each player to feel that I had a chance of getting it right. Not just the highlight reel, but the time they had a bad game or a game where they were just okay and made mistakes or were lazy.  .. What I do at best is look at 5-10 mock drafts and see who is +- 8/-5 picks or so from the Bills draft picks to see who might be in play.  I feel this gives some sense of "BPA" around that area.  If the Bills have a need at a position, then look at those guys in more detail themselves and at lists of player ranking at that posiiton.  I hope to see a higher ranked player fall to the Bills pick. ... ... I think that in his earlier years at the Bills, had a lot of freedom to pick any position he wanted, because there were not valuable people blocking any position.  So he looked for players who could be real difference makers and maybe not immediate contributors and spent low round draft picks to move up for them.  Now he has to consider who is already on the roster and where the roster needs upgrading.  We are NOT going QB in round 2 this year. 

I don’t think most people sit down and actually watch every prospect in every game they’ve played. Most folks watch YouTube videos and maybe draft pundits breakdowns and analyses and color commentaries on X player. I think if you do that you are more informed than 99% of fans. There’s a few out there that actually sit down and watch every game but they’re unicorns but take Kyle Dugger for example. How many people here watched even one single Lenoir-Rhyne game? That doesn’t stop fans from banging the table for this D2 small school prospect in the second round. And I’m cool with that so long as you paid attention to the combine, at least watched some clips and highlight videos on YouTube. That’s better than banging the table for a guy because he’s 6’8 or because he has dreadlocks and his name sounds cool.

9 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve been to a Bills Super Bowl. I’ve been to The Masters. I’ve been to major tennis tournaments. I’ve been to Sweet 16 NCAA basketball. 

If I could choose any “sporting event” to attend for the rest of my life, it would be to sit in the Bills war room on Draft Day. Second place isn’t even close. 

Bills SB when they win is not first?

I have no interest in building a draft board, but I think it’s great that some guys enjoy the process as much as they clearly do. That said, it would be very cool to be in the draft room. It has it all, excitement, disappointment, and dare I say the art of the deal.