New Challenge for McDermott

gjv001

On 3/28/2020 at 11:34 AM, ProcessAccepted said:

that has since been determined it was not in the spirit of the rule to be called and will not be called in the future supposedly. And hopefully.

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

Best of luck here, dealing with one with expectations of perfection. I’m happy with progress. If they keep getting better, I may be disappointed but I won’t be angry. I freely admit I have made countless mistakes.  Only the perfect people have a right to be angry. 

Apparently, the other teams are paying professionals and are trying too! Who knew that!?!? 

agreed. McDermot has come a long way from first year kinda rookie cluelessness at times.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Teams like Philadelphia, LA Rams, and San Francisco are going to and even winning Super Bowls 2-3 years after finding a new HC or QB.  What did those teams do better than Buffalo?  Why is their timeline bumped up over McD's?  

One can say Buffalo is building for the long haul, but they're not immune from players aging, contracts expiring, and injuries.  Those elements must be considered in the building process and why a sense of urgency is necessary.  A 4-5 year rebuild, when viewed through the lens of the 21st century NFL, is Methuselah-esque.   

That said, McD has no excuses such as claiming the offense needed time to gel (in year 3 of a rebuild).  Everything will be made bare in 2020 because the roster has been upgraded and the schedule more difficult.  Perhaps he rises to the occasion and begins to show some game-planning audacity with a revamped offense.  We just don't know yet. 

They're building for the long haul.   They intend to win for a long time.  The Patriots won for a long time, and they weren't immune from players aging, contracts expiring and injuries.  They won anyway.   That's the objective.   So, no, a sense of urgency is not required.  

You're right, we don't know yet.   And we might not know by the end of 2020, either.   But as others have said, if they're growing and improving, that's the objective.  

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

Best of luck here, dealing with one with expectations of perfection. I’m happy with progress. If they keep getting better, I may be disappointed but I won’t be angry. I freely admit I have made countless mistakes.  Only the perfect people have a right to be angry. 

Apparently, the other teams are paying professionals and are trying too! Who knew that!?!? 

Not only perfection, but perfection immediately!

We're all exercising our imaginations, seeing the 2020 Bills in advance.   When they start playing games for real, our imaginations go out the window, and big, strong, tough men go to war.   Just as you say.

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

They're building for the long haul.   They intend to win for a long time.  The Patriots won for a long time, and they weren't immune from players aging, contracts expiring and injuries.  They won anyway.   That's the objective.   So, no, a sense of urgency is not required.  

You're right, we don't know yet.   And we might not know by the end of 2020, either.   But as others have said, if they're growing and improving, that's the objective.  

Not only perfection, but perfection immediately!

We're all exercising our imaginations, seeing the 2020 Bills in advance.   When they start playing games for real, our imaginations go out the window, and big, strong, tough men go to war.   Just as you say.

I actually love the bold. I don’t want 6-8 “stars” eating up 75% of the cap. You cannot sustain winning that way. I love our approach.

Will this lead us to the Promised Land? Only time will tell, but it beats the hell out of the last two decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2020 at 11:58 AM, gjv001 said:

This year the Bills will be the odds-on favorite to win the AFCE. This will put McDermott in a new expectation tier.  I,for one, think he is up for it. But it will be interesting to see how he handles his team and the media in this uncommon territory for a Bills head coach.

he will handle the team and media with ease, like he has.

he needs to improve on time management and coaches challenges.

Edited by papazoid