2nd Round Draft Choice  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take if they are all available

• Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    • Jon Greenard, DE, Florida
    • Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
    • Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I had an idea Metcalf was going to fall, yes.  But that was just my opinion based on what I was seeing and hearing.  

Just like Mims.  My opinion, based on what I am seeing and hearing, is that there is no way he makes it to 54.  Probably doesn’t make it past Minnesota’s pick at 25, but could surprise and go much earlier.

Therefore, I think including him as an option in the poll is unrealistic, and I think most would agree.  Do you have a problem with me voicing my opinion?  Do you know everything?

I don’t have a problem with opinions. What I have a problem with is opinions that are presented as fact. Which is what your is. We have no idea what is going to happen or who is going to drop. Every year there are surprises. 

23 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I had an idea Metcalf was going to fall, yes.  But that was just my opinion based on what I was seeing and hearing.  

Just like Mims.  My opinion, based on what I am seeing and hearing, is that there is no way he makes it to 54.  Probably doesn’t make it past Minnesota’s pick at 25, but could surprise and go much earlier.

Therefore, I think including him as an option in the poll is unrealistic, and I think most would agree.  Do you have a problem with me voicing my opinion?  Do you know everything?

I wasn't shocked Metcalf fell. I thought he'd go late 1st but I had a 2nd on him and I wasn't shocked he slid as far as he did. It worked for him because he ended up in the absolute perfect place for him.

As for Mims - he won't go in the 1st. Too raw. Anywhere from early to late 2nd.

12 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I don’t have a problem with opinions. What I have a problem with is opinions that are presented as fact. Which is what your is. We have no idea what is going to happen or who is going to drop. Every year there are surprises. 

It sounds like you’ve met my sister-in-law!    :)

I’d like to thank each of you for your opinions here. I’m not that deeply into college football to have opinions on these guys. Heck, some of them I’ve never even heard of! I like hearing what you all think, and of course their are some opinions I value more than others. This is the learning season for me. 

Edited by Augie

14 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Ehh, I don’t really care what you think.  I’ll write whatever opinion I want and you either agree or disagree.  If you don’t like my posts there is an ignore function.  Use it.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wasn't shocked Metcalf fell. I thought he'd go late 1st but I had a 2nd on him and I wasn't shocked he slid as far as he did. It worked for him because he ended up in the absolute perfect place for him.

As for Mims - he won't go in the 1st. Too raw. Anywhere from early to late 2nd.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.  Mims has the size/speed combo that scouts drool over.  Sub 4.4 40 and best 3 come at the combine.  When you watch him on video, one thing that jumps out is his sounds hands and catching radius.  I think he’ll be picked in the mid-late 1st, but again, could surprise and be the 3rd WR off the board.  Best player comp I have is Chris Godwin.

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

I will defer to whatever Beane the Genius does of course... but without studying these 4 players: if this truly is one of the all-time WR classes, I would take Mims.

The Bills FaceTimed with Mims this week, apparently...

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/3/27/21195655/2020-nfl-draft-bills-meet-with-wide-receiver-denzel-mims-via-facetime

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ehh, I don’t really care what you think.  I’ll write whatever opinion I want and you either agree or disagree.  If you don’t like my posts there is an ignore function.  Use it.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.  Mims has the size/speed combo that scouts drool over.  Sub 4.4 40 and best 3 come at the combine.  When you watch him on video, one thing that jumps out is his sounds hands and catching radius.  I think he’ll be picked in the mid-late 1st, but again, could surprise and be the 3rd WR off the board.  Best player comp I have is Chris Godwin.

Wow. 3rd receiver off the board?!  Haha. This is why you can’t be taken seriously. You can’t really believe that can you?  Haha

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Indeed. And where did Godwin go? His route running is shoddy, his technique off the line is not great. Yes he is big and fast. But he has a long way to go to be a complete receiver in my view. Very high ceiling. Extremely low floor. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. And where did Godwin go? His route running is shoddy, his technique off the line is not great. Yes he is big and fast. But he has a long way to go to be a complete receiver in my view. Very high ceiling. Extremely low floor. 

And Godwin was a 2nd team all-pro with a very similar floor as Mims entering the league.  What’s your point?  “Extremely low floor” because he’s not a polished route runner yet?  

IMO, there’s going to be a team in the 1st that’s going to fall in love with his skill set and pull the trigger.  Minnesota, Miami, Green Bay....just to name a few.  We’ll see, but I disagree with your assessment.

23 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Wow. 3rd receiver off the board?!  Haha. This is why you can’t be taken seriously. You can’t really believe that can you?  Haha

How can you state things with such certainty? Hypocrite ???

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

And Godwin was a 2nd team all-pro with a very similar floor as Mims entering the league.  What’s your point?  “Extremely low floor” because he’s not a polished route runner yet?  

IMO, there’s going to be a team in the 1st that’s going to fall in love with his skill set and pull the trigger.  Minnesota, Miami, Green Bay....just to name a few.  We’ll see, but I disagree with your assessment.

How can you state things with such certainty? Hypocrite ???

I never once boasted that there was no way it would happen. However, with guys like Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and Jefferson, it’s very unlikely that he will be anything more that the fifth one off the board. 

8 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I never once boasted that there was no way it would happen. However, with guys like Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and Jefferson, it’s very unlikely that he will be anything more that the fifth one off the board. 

Fair enough.  I have a suspicion that Ruggs could slide a bit.  He’s a versatile, defensive coordinator’s nightmare.  A Tyreek Hill.  Undeniable talent.

That said, I could see Jefferson or Mims go before him due to scheme fit or whatever.  Every year, it seems like a WR gets drafted in the top 15, and you’re like “what the F?”

naaaah mean?

I have them ranked...just off the top of my head:

1 Jeudy

2 Lamb

3 Ruggs

4 Jefferson

5 Mims

6 Higgins

7 Shenault

• Like (+1) 1