2nd Round Draft Choice  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take if they are all available

• Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    • Jon Greenard, DE, Florida
    • Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
    • Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Between Taylor and Greenard. Taylor is higher on my board but I am so worried about our edge situation that I might reach down for Greenard.  

I can understand that rationale.  Do you think that Greenard can become at least an average starting DE, not necessarily immediately?

I liked what I saw in the games that I watched.  How do you compare Greenard and Okwara?  Okwara looked more athletic than I expected when I watched him.  Toss up between those 2 as prospects for me, I think.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Mims would be absurd if paired with Stefon Diggs, Brown and Beezer. It would be disgusting, sick and repulsive. How would teams stop that? It should be talked about.

My point was not that I didn’t like him.  My point was that there is no way in hell he makes it to 54.  No shot.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I can understand that rationale.  Do you think that Greenard can become at least an average starting DE, not necessarily immediately?

I liked what I saw in the games that I watched.  How do you compare Greenard and Okwara?  Okwara looked more athletic than I expected when I watched him.  Toss up between those 2 as prospects for me, I think.

I have Greenard a fair bit above Okwara. I do think Okwara has more natural athleticism but he isn't as smart or as savvy as Greenard. Greenard csn play every darn position. He can rush from the left, from the right, from the interior, he can play hand in dirt, he can rush standing up, he can play gap discipline or he can just get upfield, he can drop.... I think he is as safe as a prospect as there is. If he had an ounce more of an explosive first step he'd be a slam dunk first rounder to me. 

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Greenard can play every darn position. He can rush from the left, from the right, from the interior, he can play hand in dirt, he can rush standing up, he can play gap discipline or he can just get upfield, he can drop.... I think he is as safe as a prospect as there is. If he had an ounce more of an explosive first step he'd be a slam dunk first rounder to me. 

OK.  I'm coming around on Greenard a bit more.   I've been disappointed in this year's edge class, but the SI article below had a few things that are making me warm up to him:

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-jonathan-greenard-nfl-draft-combine

• 34.9" arms--the 13th-longest among edge rushers at the NFL Combine since 1999
  • 7.13-second three-cone (66th percentile) and a 4.34-second 20 yard shuttle (75th percentile), good for second and third-best among defensive linemen at the Combine this year, respectively
  • For comparison's sake, notable NFL pass rushers that finished between the 65th and 75th percentiles in at least one of the three-cone and 20-yard shuttle (at a similar size) include Chandler Jones of the Arizona Cardinals, Preston Smith of the Green Bay Packers, and Frank Clark of the Kansas City Chiefs.

He appears to be rising up the boards and probably will go before #54.   Any thoughts on how far the Bills would have to trade up in Round 2 to get him?

Edit:  he was scheduled for a visit to OBD before the COVID-19 shutdown:   

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/3/16/21181053/2020-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-reportedly-planned-to-meet-privately-with-jonathan-greenard

Edit2:    https://buffalonews.com/2020/03/11/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-ross-blacklock-jonathan-greenard/

"The Buffalo Bills met with TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock and Florida edge rusher Jonathan Greenard at the NFL scouting combine and plan to spend additional time with both.   Greenard has visits or private workouts scheduled with the Bills, New York Jets and Houston Texans, he told the Draft Wire. He also will meet the Titans at his Pro Day on March 31."

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My point was not that I didn’t like him.  My point was that there is no way in hell he makes it to 54.  No shot.  

Did you think Metcalf would make it to the bottom of two last year?  You know...since you know everything...

Minnesota will take Mims with our pick.

I'm fairly certain we're taking RB or DE.

I don't understand Claypool as a 2nd rounder. He sure had a great combine, but his tape says rounds 3-4. I'd be pretty disppointed if we took him in the 2nd.

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

OK.  I'm coming around on Greenard a bit more.   I've been disappointed in this year's edge class, but the SI article below had a few things that are making me warm up to him:

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-jonathan-greenard-nfl-draft-combine

• 34.9" arms--the 13th-longest among edge rushers at the NFL Combine since 1999
  • 7.13-second three-cone (66th percentile) and a 4.34-second 20 yard shuttle (75th percentile), good for second and third-best among defensive linemen at the Combine this year, respectively
  • For comparison's sake, notable NFL pass rushers that finished between the 65th and 75th percentiles in at least one of the three-cone and 20-yard shuttle (at a similar size) include Chandler Jones of the Arizona Cardinals, Preston Smith of the Green Bay Packers, and Frank Clark of the Kansas City Chiefs.

He appears to be rising up the boards and probably will go before #54.   Any thoughts on how far the Bills would have to trade up in Round 2 to get him?

Edit:  he was scheduled for a visit to OBD before the COVID-19 shutdown:   

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/3/16/21181053/2020-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-reportedly-planned-to-meet-privately-with-jonathan-greenard

Edit2:    https://buffalonews.com/2020/03/11/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-ross-blacklock-jonathan-greenard/

"The Buffalo Bills met with TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock and Florida edge rusher Jonathan Greenard at the NFL scouting combine and plan to spend additional time with both.   Greenard has visits or private workouts scheduled with the Bills, New York Jets and Houston Texans, he told the Draft Wire. He also will meet the Titans at his Pro Day on March 31."

@thebandit27 is even higher on him than me. I think he is a good 2nd round prospect and have him #38 on my board. Think Bandit has him higher. 

I do not think Cleveland is a good fit in our gap scheme.  He’s a zone scheme OT only IMO.  A good case can be made for the other three.  I took Taylor because I see him as the safest choice and the most substantial immediate contributor of the three remaining.  I wouldn’t argue with any of those three though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Did you think Metcalf would make it to the bottom of two last year?  You know...since you know everything...

I had an idea Metcalf was going to fall, yes.  But that was just my opinion based on what I was seeing and hearing.  

Just like Mims.  My opinion, based on what I am seeing and hearing, is that there is no way he makes it to 54.  Probably doesn’t make it past Minnesota’s pick at 25, but could surprise and go much earlier.

Therefore, I think including him as an option in the poll is unrealistic, and I think most would agree.  Do you have a problem with me voicing my opinion?  Do you know everything?