RyanC883

2nd Round Draft Choice  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take if they are all available

• Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    • Jon Greenard, DE, Florida
    • Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
    • Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State

For fun, lets assume all 4 of these guys are available with our 2nd round pick.  It's possible that none, or only one is available.  These are top-level guys at our positions of greatest need.  I'll do another poll with "2nd tier"/"more realistic" or whatever you want to call it options next week.  But if all of these guys are around, and some mock drafts have them being available, who do you take and why.  Let the fun begin! 

Edited by RyanC883

Just now, CommonCents said:

Rhymes with Bobbins.

ha, I had to debate between him and Taylor.  Didn't want to split the RB vote, so i took the guy who is generally higher.  But you'll see him in next weeks poll! 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

No way on mims, Cleveland maybe But he’s a project , the other 2 I am good with but lean toward  Greenard that high 

Yolo, don't just comment, vote :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I voted Taylor because even though I liked what I saw from Greenard, I still feel like Taylor is the better prospect.  

I like Mims a lot, but I don’t think it would be prudent to take a WR in the 2nd with Diggs,  Brown and Beasley even though Brown and Beasley are getting older.

I don’t know that Cleveland is strong enough to see the field this year and you never know if he can get strong enough to succeed in run blocking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I voted for Mims. I don't think he's worth a 1st round choice like a lot of people seem to think, but he definitely has a ton of potential and would also bring size to the WR group that we don't have right now.

I don't feel very strongly in either direction about Cleveland or Greenard. Taylor is a good prospect, but if Mims is actually on the board at 54, I would go with him and just get the RB later on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Taylor and Singletary would make a great tandem for the next 3 years and avoids the need to have one guy carry the load.  Taylor does not get caught from behind.  I think a few of Singletary's 20+ yard runs would have been 50+ from Taylor or some of these other RB candidates.  Adding another explosive playmaker to the offense is a great idea, imo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

ha, I had to debate between him and Taylor.  Didn't want to split the RB vote, so i took the guy who is generally higher.  But you'll see him in next weeks poll! 

Yolo, don't just comment, vote :)

I did vote

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think Mims has a chance to be there so I’ll eliminate him.  

I think the other 3 will be there and it’s a toss up between greenard and Taylor.  

Cleveland is tempting but he’s just rated lower on my board and needs lots of work.  
With Williams and nsekhe to go with Ford, I think the project OT can wait.

I have Taylor graded higher than greenard.  That being said, I can’t see greenard falling to our next pick and I’m not a fan of many edge rushers that might be there in rd 3.

So I’d have to decide whether or not I’d be willing to trade up from our 3rd rd pick.  If we aren’t going to trade up, I’d take Greenard and look to fill Singletarys compliment in rd 3-4.  If we’re happy with our depth and want to consolidate picks, I’d take taylor and do my best to trade up for greenard.

• Thank you (+1) 1