Bob Dylan’s new song, “Murder Most Foul.”

Bob just dropped this spoken word masterpiece, his first new recording in 8 years. It revolves around the JFK assassination, but evolves into so much more, including name-dropping a bevy of musicians across a plethora of genres. Enjoy.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Bob just dropped this spoken word masterpiece, his first new recording in 8 years. It revolves around the JFK assassination, but evolves into so much more, including name-dropping a bevy of musicians across a plethora of genres. Enjoy.

Detroit’s Mr. Zimmerman. Striking a 57 year nerve with me..

• Like (+1) 1

I’m so busy deciding between which Jurassic Park movie to watch, which Rocky movie to watch, which Harry Potter movie to watch, etc, I’m not sure if I’ll have 17 free minutes this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I see no one has posted about this release from yesterday, so I will do so. More proof that Dylan is the GOAT.

Looks like Chevy beat you to it:

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm a big Dylan fan... he has always been a great wordsmith and song writer, but this one didn't do much if anything for me... didn't have the "send this to a friend" feel. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Understandable, since the topic is so very timely and Bob is in such GREAT voice!

:rolleyes:

On 3/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Title is a direct quote from Act I scene 5 of Hamlet when Hamlet meets the Ghost of his dead father.

Does the song have any other Hamlet/Shakespeare references?

On first listen I didn't catch any more Hamlet references, but he did drop "Merchant of Venice" and "Lady Macbeth".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/8/2020 at 7:55 PM, The Dean said:

Understandable, since the topic is so very timely and Bob is in such GREAT voice!

:rolleyes:

So if David Palmer sang all of Steely Dan's songs instead of the incredibly weak Donald Fagen, would the band be respected more than being just a footnote in music history? :(

• Like (+1) 2