Underrated TV comedy characters

4merper4mer

56 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Don’t forget Grady too!

And I always thought it was pretty damned fantastic that Al reprised the character for perhaps one of the greatest music videos of all time...

Yes!  Loved Grady!  And that video is absolutely fantastic.  Love me some Weezer.

5 hours ago, dhg said:

Inspector Luger on Barney Miller

How about Lt. Scanlon from Barney Miller? There were guys in IAD who were just as petty. I'm talking about  cops getting busted for getting 2 scoops on an ice cream cone and only being charged for one.

One douche was in Nathans and ran up to the register to see if I paid full price (which I did).

Scanlon was hilarious, and you could see how mad at him the detectives would get.

I'm telling you that show was more realistic than most would think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

What character always made you laugh but wasn't the feature character in their show?

I'll start with Clark from The Office.  I don't know why really but I found everything he did funny.  "Women peak sexually at whatever age Jan was last week" was probably his best line.

Who dafuq is Clark?

Pretty much anyone on the cast of Cheers. That was Taco Night and Must See TV at our place when we were first married. 

HMMMMM.............Tacos...........that may be tomorrow’s treat. We ALL deserve a treat, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

Murray the Cop on The Odd Couple

Benson on SOAP

Pinky on The Animamiacs Pinky & the Brain shorts

2nd the nomination of Colonel Flagg on MASH

Dave (Fred Dryer's character) on Cheers

Buddy Sorrell on the Dick Van ***** Show

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Col Flagg - M*A*S*H

Jim Ignatowski - Taxi

Burt Campbell - Soap

Dietrich - Barney Miller

Gob Bluth - Arrested Development

Steve Landsburg (Dietrich) came to my college back during the 1980's  to do a standup act.  The cretins in the audience had the nerve to boo him.  I always liked Richard Mulligan (Burt).

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lilith - Cheers

Chris Trager - Parks & Rec

Todd Packer & Stanley - The Office

Puddy - Seinfeld

Marty Funkhouser (RIP) - Curb

Totally agree with Lilith (and almost anyone from Cheers) and Puddy. I’ll add Cloris Leachman and Betty White from Mary Tyler Moore. That was classic stuff!

Who didn’t love MTM?  

• Like (+1) 1

If you're talking really underrated, I would go with Bubba. He was rarely very funny by himself, but I always liked having him around.

v1.dDsyNzUxOTY7ajsxODM2MzsxMjAwOzYwMDs0N

"I WANT MY DADDY'S RECORDS BACK!"

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1