Rewatching playoff game

Jerboski

Ugh that last drive before halftime... running gore on first down and the drop by Duke... ouch 

Duke catches the ball maybe a different game, dont understand running gore either on first down when we were driving

Anyway just thought I would comment 

Then the dropped int by neal would have been huge on Texans first drive 

Edited by Jerboski

I am ALMOST to the point where I can watch that again. We had neighbors over for that game for beef on weck and grilled wings. Their son played college ball, big football fans. I was well lubricated in the 2nd half, and my language became a bit salty.

They are about 3 doors up on the other side of the road. I’m afraid my checking the replay will tell them EXACTLY what I’m watching. Nice people, I don’t want to lose them forever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Duke’s performance in that playoff game is exactly why he’s fighting he’s fighting for a 6th WR spot.  It was a huge opportunity that he probably was not ready for.   I think they realized they needed a MUCH better option at WR.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I am ALMOST to the point where I can watch that again. We had neighbors over for that game for beef on weck and grilled wings. Their son played college ball, big football fans. I was well lubricated in the 2nd half, and my language became a bit salty.

They are about 3 doors up on the other side of the road. I’m afraid my checking the replay will tell them EXACTLY what I’m watching. Nice people, I don’t want to lose them forever. 

Grilled wings sound good right now

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Duke’s performance in that playoff game is exactly why he’s fighting he’s fighting for a 6th WR spot.  It was a huge opportunity that he probably was not ready for.   I think they realized they needed a MUCH better option at WR.

Grilled wings sound good right now

I don’t have a deep fryer option, but if you are ever at Hammers Lot when @plenzmd1 is there, his nephew makes a mighty fine wing, under proper supervision, of course. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Nobody should have expected the offense to win that game, they didn't do so all season.

The defense was supposed to win that game, and they failed to do so.

They gave the offense so many chances to close the door... guys just couldn't make the play to close the door 

Pivotal third and 8 and white gets beat on Texans first scoring drive 

Poyer was awful in the second half, absolutely awful 

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

They gave the offense so many chances to close the door... guys just couldn't make the play to close the door 

The D also failed to stop the Texans on 3rd and 18.  Had they stopped Houston, the game was likely over and Buffalo would have won.

The offense was anemic all season long, you cannot expect that to change, even for a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Ugh that last drive before halftime... running gore on first down and the drop by Duke... ouch 

Duke catches the ball maybe a different game, dont understand running gore either on first down when we were driving

Anyway just thought I would comment 

Then the dropped int by neal would have been huge on Texans first drive 

Gore should have been inactive for the game. He was so done by the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

The D also failed to stop the Texans on 3rd and 18.  Had they stopped Houston, the game was likely over and Buffalo would have won.

The offense was anemic all season long, you cannot expect that to change, even for a playoff game.

Im not bailing out the D, they were bad from.the mid third quarter to the finish but in their defense they held the texans to 0 in the first half and caused a turnover the beginning of the second half to give us ball in scoring position... if we played better on offense we roll the texans 

Mcdermottt going conservative on the last drive of first half played a big part as well

Also big penalties on cody ford and Kroft killed the offense on two different drives that would have presented points 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

Mcdermottt going conservative on the last drive of first half played a big part as well

This is what I don't like about McDermott, his tendency to go conservative even with a small lead.  That is not how you win big games.  He has to change his approach and not take his foot off the gas pedal.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

This is what I don't like about McDermott, his tendency to go conservative even with a small lead.  That is not how you win big games.  He has to change his approach and not take his foot off the gas pedal.

I'm hoping he learned the biggest lesson from that game... you can't coach scared or conservative or you will lose 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Yeah I was so bored, I ended up watching it as well. First time I've rewatched any part of it. It was a perfect storm of ***** that led to that L. Duke dropping that ball. Brown mistiming his jump a few drives before that, on a catch that would have given them 1st and goal from inside the 5. Siran Neal dropping an int that hit him right in the stomach, which might have been a pick 6. The "common sense" kickoff play where the guy "gave himself up", without actually "giving himself up". The "blindside block" that never was. The blatant delay of game, the refs conveniently missed. The blatant helmet to helmet on Allen, that was also missed. Daboll's decision to abandon the run late in the game, when DS was gashing them. The freak play, where Poyer and Milano simultaneously hit Watson, but their forces kept him perfectly upright. Every one of those things had to happen for Buffalo to lose that game or else Buffalo most likely holds on. And Every. Single. One. Happened. Craziest stuff I've ever seen. Of course it had to be a Buffalo / Houston game in the WC round. Wow deja vu. 

Edited by Raleigh • √eff
  • Like (+1) 8

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Crazy how that play is forgotten.  That was absolutely HUGE!

• Like (+1) 2

Gore was the worst player on the team and possibly one of the worst players in the entire league. Literally every single week I posted to activate Yeldon and never let Gore touch the ball. The guy single handedly killed so many drives last year. I’m not sure how a person getting paid to make football decisions, didn’t see what Gore was. The fact that we signed him in the first place made me sick. The only thing worse, was the fact that he somehow got high leverage touches and significant playing time. The guy has been done for at least 5 years. He never should have been signed and to have him active on game days was a borderline crime.

1 minute ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

Yeah I was so bored, I ended up watching it as well. First time I've rewatched any part of it. It was a perfect storm of ***** that led to that L. Duke dropping that ball. Brown mistiming his jump a few drives before that, on a catch that would have given them 1st and goal from inside the 5. Siran Neal dropping an int that hit him right in the stomach, which might have been a pick 6. The "common sense" kickoff play where the guy "gave himself up", without actually "giving himself up". The "blindside block" that never was. The blatant delay of game, the refs conveniently missed. The blatant helmet to helmet on Allen, that was also missed. Daboll's decision to abandon the run late in the game, when DS was gashing them. The freak play, where Poyer and Milano simultaneously hit Watson, but their forces kept him perfectly upright. Every one of those things had to happen for Buffalo to lose that game. And every single one happened. Craziest stuff I've ever seen. Of course it had to be a Buffalo / Houston game in the WC round. Wow deja vu. Feel like I wrote this earlier today or something haha.  

...Allen's fumble, and the missed block by Morse and Knox on the QB sweep.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

How did he go conservative?  They took a shot at the endzone and Duke had the ball in his hands.  Should have been a TD.

On the possession before, John Brown couldn’t make a toe tap catch.  Coaching could’ve been better for sure, but I don’t buy the conservative BS

2 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

I too watched it this week, just got disgusted when three guys missed Cunningham and he tackles Josh. Anyone of them block him,that’s a touchdown. 

Maybe not a TD, but more than likely in range for a FG

7 minutes ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

Yeah I was so bored, I ended up watching it as well. First time I've rewatched any part of it. It was a perfect storm of ***** that led to that L. Duke dropping that ball. Brown mistiming his jump a few drives before that, on a catch that would have given them 1st and goal from inside the 5. Siran Neal dropping an int that hit him right in the stomach, which might have been a pick 6. The "common sense" kickoff play where the guy "gave himself up", without actually "giving himself up". The "blindside block" that never was. The blatant delay of game, the refs conveniently missed. The blatant helmet to helmet on Allen, that was also missed. Daboll's decision to abandon the run late in the game, when DS was gashing them. The freak play, where Poyer and Milano simultaneously hit Watson, but their forces kept him perfectly upright. Every one of those things had to happen for Buffalo to lose that game. And every single one happened. Craziest stuff I've ever seen. Of course it had to be a Buffalo / Houston game in the WC round. Wow deja vu. Feel like I wrote this earlier today or something haha.  

Good point.  So many things went wrong

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t have a deep fryer option, but if you are ever at Hammers Lot when @plenzmd1 is there, his nephew makes a mighty fine wing, under proper supervision, of course. 

I don’t know man, I’m concerned you might tell him to lace my wing with Ex-Lax ?

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

...Allen's fumble, and the missed block by Morse and Knox on the QB sweep.

Yeah, just odd how they ran right past him. Play was there for a big gain otherwise it looked like. #$%&*

But that was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

How did he go conservative?

Defensively.  He and Frazier go into a soft zone/prevent D, which prevents you from winning.  This prevent D theory has been proven a bad choice for many years so not sure why McD thinks it will work for him.

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t know man, I’m concerned you might tell him to lace my wing with Ex-Lax ?

I would NEVER do that to anyone who was properly respectful. Differing opinions and seeing both sides is one of the best parts of the board. I just feel there is a time and place for everything. We saw that differently. 

Having said that, Ex-Lax at a Bills game is cruel and unusual. I would not wish that on anyone! 

• Like (+1) 1