Kirk Herbstreit/ no football

major

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed.  There won’t be large public gatherings like games and concerts until there is a vaccine.  But when there’s a vaccine, I can’t see people being ok not going back to normal because some people choose not to get the vaccine.  

I guarantee it that if there is a breakout near one's circle of living (vaccine or not)  there won't be a normal for those through no fault of their own are  caught in the vicinity of that contamination. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Herbie has been pretty erratic with his comments. The other day he RTd one of Clay Travis’s tweets which is the complete opposite side of that spectrum. It’s ok to have that opinion if he does. But espn may need to reel him in a bit. 

ESPN is happy to have anyone pay attention to them these days. Scraping through the archives only get you so far

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

We dont have the capacity to  test everyone now because of how fast this ramped up. Eventually we will, if people choose to do so. As far as the flu shot goes and how its related to this, I say let nature take its course. Many will die, but we either need a vaccine like polio, or the body will build up a natural defense like chicken pox. 

The problem wasn't that we didn't have the capacity to test everyone. That wasn't the dereliction. The problem was that we didn't do what was necessary to test in order to  handle the hot spots. By targeting the hot spots instead of the general population we would have had a better ability to contain the breakout. 

Edited by JohnC

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The problem wasn't that we didn't have the capacity to everyone. That wasn't the dereliction. The problem was that we didn't do what was necessary to test in order to  handle the hot spots. By targeting the hot spots instead of the general population we would have had a better ability to contain the breakout. 

No use crying over spilled milk. We can't change the past. It's time to move forward and learn from the mistakes. We need to take appropriate measures to mitigate the situation,  but it will all amount to a hill of beans if industry stops and the economy collapses. 

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

No use crying over spilled milk. We can't change the past. It's time to move forward and learn from the mistakes. We need to take appropriate measures to mitigate the situation,  but it will all amount to a hill of beans if industry stops and the economy collapses. 

....and then we will all be fighting over that hill of beans! 

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm not crying over spilled milk (as you put it). The issue of testing that has hurt our ability to contain the virus in the first place is still an issue as it is spiraling out of control. If you want to mitigate this outbreak you have to resolve the issue of not having the ability to test the areas where there are hot spots. It's hard to fight when you are blind to the nemesis. 

Edited by JohnC

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not crying over spilled milk (as you put it). The issue of testing that has hurt our ability to contain the virus in the first place is still an issue as it is spiraling out of control. If you want to mitigate this outbreak you have to resolve the issue of not having the ability to test the areas where there are hot spots. It's hard to fight when you are blind to the nemesis. 

Yes, our CDC flubed it big time.  When the World Health Organization offered their test in January, the CDC said "No, we always do our own"  So, they went and did their own, but, it didn't work right....they rolled out a defective test to the country.   After about 6 weeks, they recognized they needed help and the administration cut the red tape and allowed Private labs to develope their own tests.  Did you know the CDC had a monopoly?  Private l abs could not act  without permission, and the CDC/FDA were not about to give it.  Yes, Congress gave them that a few years ago, trust misplace imho.  The CDC, then, deprived our leaders of almost 2 months of data, and we have not caught up yet.  Hard to fight a war without the data.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Keep your powder dry.

I’m thinking more about the beans....black bean soup tomorrow. Recipe time! 

I made vegetarian sloppy joes last week with lentils. I almost blew the covers off that night! 

Beans, beans.....

3 hours ago, Cal said:

It should be. Will affect OTAs and training camp though. The NBA and NHL should cancel the season and not try to come back. Its going to be about 4 months till we are back to some normal imo

You are correct.  Minimum 4 months.  I have some background in this space and we ain't seen nothing yet.  Sept may be doable if the concept of seasonality slows things but guessing if we play this year its delayed or shortened. 

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Warm weather tends to suppress viruses.

You may need to check in with some sources that impart information that reflects scientific findings. Sadly this is not going anywhere miraculously in April so we having beautifully filled churches at Easter is really not a good idea.   

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m thinking more about the beans....black bean soup tomorrow. Recipe time! 

I made vegetarian sloppy joes last week with lentils. I almost blew the covers off that night! 

Beans, beans.....

Beans are very versatile and your wife is a saint. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The poor dog leaves with her in the middle of the night! 

TMI??? 

A clever way to get the bed to yourself.  Somehow my dog has become immune to flatulence. In fact he may even enjoy it.  Maybe that gene was rolled into the cost.

3 hours ago, major said:

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit: 'I'll be shocked' if there's football in the fall because of coronavirus. I feel the higher ups in college and nfl know this, but few are willing to say it. Your thoughts?

Kirk HERBstreet is smoking enough HERB to make this comment.  

• Like (+1) 1