Kirk Herbstreit/ no football

major

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

How cruel would THAT be??? I’ve not looked forward to a season more than this in over a quarter of a century!!!

Well, we are Bills fans...we should know by now that we aren’t allowed nice things...?

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

This statement is not based on any facts

If I want a fact-free breakdown of anything, I'd watch Fox News and drumpf's daily lie conference.

This is going well into the summer, easy. We've taken few of the precautions other country's have. Wuhan is reopening April 8. It was in total lock down for 11 weeks. No state or city has taken that drastic step. So we'll see a peak long after the initial cases. We'll see a slow decline in cases and we'll see major lags in cases as it makes it's way around the country from big cities to small and rural areas. 

So I'd bet no OTAs, no minicamps, and best cases a delayed training camp and season start. 

13 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I don't see how there wouldn't be a season unless this corona is worse than what they're telling us

It's very bad. This is pretty clearly now the worst pandemic since 1918. 268 US deaths so far today, another new high. Also another new high worldwide - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I fear the fact that this thing is now running rampant in New Orleans is evidence that this is unfortunately not seasonal. Warm climates are watching cases explode as well. This very well could be life until there's a vaccine.

Warm weather tends to suppress viruses.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

I know, but my point is that this particular virus is not being suppressed in New Orleans right now, which was 82 degrees today.

Unless hundreds of new cases per day is suppression, in which case, yikes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

China tried opening up basketball after 4 months and had to shut down due to an outbreak.

The problem with the virus is its not going away until we have something to fight it other than social distancing. 

It's very likely football doesn't start in September.

I feel like September could possibly be a realistic back to normal point. The problem if you are going straight into a season on the back of nothing. Will be interesting for sure. 

I know someone already said it in this thread, but...

The fact that the Bills are the best they’ve been in decades and are FINALLY favored to win their division again, not to mention Brady finally leaving the East...and THIS happens to be the year the NFL may not have a season?! 

Oy. God must be a Pats fan ?

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

It's very bad. This is pretty clearly now the worst pandemic since 1918. 268 US deaths so far today, another new high. Also another new high worldwide - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

By worse than what they are telling us, I meant worse than what you linked to

If the shut down/quarantine goes past the summer, we will be talking about cities being war zones, entire cities would be homeless. We are talking collapse of society as we know it. We are talking much worse than corona. Like people being murdered for a glass of water type bad

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Warm dry weather suppresses SOME viruses because their lifetime tends to shorten.  It depends on structure of virus.

Warm moist weather not so much.

Was biology major when I went to college and we did experiment showing this.

If this doesn’t go away by football season most of the country will have been infected anyway, so the season might as go on at that point. With the rate it’s spreading at this point, by summer that would be a significant portion of the population. There would be a “herd immunity” by that point imo. It’s a scary virus, so I’m not marginalizing the seriousness and damage it will cause, but it doesn’t look to be slowing much, so how will society be stopped months from now after almost everybody has had it ? 

Edited by SirAndrew

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I know someone already said it in this thread, but...

The fact that the Bills are the best they’ve been in decades and are FINALLY favored to win their division again, not to mention Brady finally leaving the East...and THIS happens to be the year the NFL may not have a season?! 

Oy. God must be a Pats fan ?

No Satan is and probably is silent partner in New England.

12 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If the shut down/quarantine goes past the summer, we will be talking about cities being war zones, entire cities would be homeless. We are talking collapse of society as we know it. We are talking much worse than corona. Like people being murdered for a glass of water type bad

I'm not exactly following. This is unprecedented territory. What I linked to is pretty awful. I think 300+ US dead per day and counting is already terrible and it will get worse, but I don't think we're going to start murdering each other in the streets any time soon. My community is stepping up big time already with helping the poor, hungry, etc. This is a huge deal, but I don't think society is going to collapse if it continues for months, which it will. We just may not be able to watch some football.

Remember, there is no real current food or water shortage despite the grocery store hoarding. That's just idiots hoarding. If people just stay the eff inside and watch some TV we should be able to minimize the impact. Worst case scenario is that it's life for 12-18 months until there's a vaccine.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Essential businesses are still running. And pretty much everything is considered “essential.” Only thing truly closed is restaraunts and bars and even those have takeout open. 

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I'm not exactly following. This is unprecedented territory. What I linked to is pretty awful. I think 300+ US dead per day and counting is already terrible and it will get worse, but I don't think we're going to start murdering each other in the streets any time soon. My community is stepping up big time already with helping the poor, hungry, etc. This is a huge deal, but I don't think society is going to collapse if it continues for months, which it will. We just may not be able to watch some football.

Remember, there is no real food or water shortage despite the grocery store hoarding.

I'm agreeing this is bad ha, I think if it lasts into the fall that its worse than what we know which is very bad

1 hour ago, Cal said:

It should be. Will affect OTAs and training camp though. The NBA and NHL should cancel the season and not try to come back. Its going to be about 4 months till we are back to some normal imo

And then, as with the Spanish flu of 1918, the virus could mutate and return with a vengeance in the fall and winter.

• Like (+1) 2