Kirk Herbstreit/ no football

major

It should be. Will affect OTAs and training camp though. The NBA and NHL should cancel the season and not try to come back. Its going to be about 4 months till we are back to some normal imo

• Like (+1) 2

Herbie has been pretty erratic with his comments. The other day he RTd one of Clay Travis’s tweets which is the complete opposite side of that spectrum. It’s ok to have that opinion if he does. But espn may need to reel him in a bit. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

This statement is not based on any facts

China tried opening up basketball after 4 months and had to shut down due to an outbreak.

The problem with the virus is its not going away until we have something to fight it other than social distancing. 

It's very likely football doesn't start in September.

• Like (+1) 10

I hate to say it but at this point I agree with him.  The problem is the peak in New York City will be followed by growth in other places, e.g., New Orleans, Boston, Detroit, etc.  Hopefully the summer kills this thing off, but right now I have my doubts that we're closer to the end than to the beginning.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

How cruel would THAT be??? I’ve not looked forward to a season more than this in over a quarter of a century!!!

Yep, this is the season God had scheduled for the Bills to win the Super Bowl. (The Divine has a dark sense of humor.)

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There are SO MANY things that could change in the next few weeks, much less the next couple months. 

Pretty much every doctor and health "expert" is making predictions based on the very limited information available right now.  People need to remember this strand of coronavirus just popped onto the world scene about 3 months ago.  And most of that time, data was being suppressed and manipulated by a secretive communist government.  All these predictions out there may be based in science.  But until more solid information comes in about this virus, even the most intelligent people in the medical field are just guessing. 

For instance, several of the top U.S. health officials have stated in the last 2 days that predicted death rates from COVID-19 were EXTREMELY overblown.  There were some models anticipating more than 2 million Americans dying from this.  Now they are talking about the number being closer to 20,000 across the entire nation (as I type this, the current number is still under 1,500 people).  

As I stated in another thread, the true concern about this virus is about overloading the medical capacity of the country.  Not enough hospitals, doctors, ventilators, masks, testing kits, etc.  The goal right now is to slow the spread and buy some time.  There are already efforts being made to improve capacity in the area of ventilators and masks, which will mean less deaths.  As we get more testing kits, that means a greater ability to identify and quarantine those who are infected.  There are also a few promising medical treatments, which will decrease the number of serious cases across the country.

• Like (+1) 8

Maybe the best thing for.  This nation already has an unhealthy addiction/obsession with it as it stands pre- Covid-19.  When something on this scale happens only exposes how “non-essential” a sport ANY sport really is besides mindless entertainment that gets treated like life and death.

I tell you even if the NFL does come back all sports for that matter the last thing I’m gonna wanna hear is some coach give a BS answer with coach speak when asked a simple question.

”Coach ____________.  You’re a football coach you’re not a scientist you’re not a doctor stop making it seem like what you do is very important just answer the question.”