The Buffalo Bills Are A Well Oiled War Machine

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

This isn’t the first time I’ve been called premature before unfortunately.

It's not just you, there are plenty of others.  We have to beat winning teams in the regular season before we get too excited about winning the post-season.  Know how many playoff teams we beat this past season?  Zero (0).  All our victories were from teams that did not make the playoffs.  That has to change.

Players gotta play, coaches gotta coach. The potential is there, but without execution, discipline and desire, we still won't get out of the first round. That's why they play the games. Nice to be on the other side of that quote for a change. We should win 11 games plus a playoff game with home field.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the process is still in process.  Beane is still working on getting all the parts in place and McDermott is still working on getting new parts to buy in to the overall plan, but the team is worlds ahead of 3 years ago.  In theory, they should be better this season than last, but I think there will still be room for improvement going into the 2021 season.  

13 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's not just you, there are plenty of others.  We have to beat winning teams in the regular season before we get too excited about winning the post-season.  Know how many playoff teams we beat this past season?  Zero (0).  All our victories were from teams that did not make the playoffs.  That has to change.

Victory over Tennessee didn't count?  Maybe it just changed in the blink of an eye and the firing of a synapse...

17 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Do we even need the draft at this point? Honestly. We could use a RB but that’s one of the most easily filled positions in all of sports. Dobbins or Taylor should be there when we pick, if not Akers or CEH. This roster is stacked from top to bottom. Josh Allen finally has a legit top 5-7 receiver to throw to in Stefon Diggs who could easily haul in 100 catches if he’s used right. Tom Brady is in Tampa Bay, New England is in cap hell. Miami is rebuilding and brought back Chan ***** Gailey out of retirement to pair up with Ryan Fitzpatrick, I mean holy ***** you can’t make this stuff up, are you ***** kidding me? Adam Gase is a total scumbag that nobody wants to play for. I see 12 wins and we win the AFC East and maybe a Super Bowl run depending on how good Josh Allen is. Buffalo is the team to beat in the AFC East and a major contender in the conference. I see no way we don’t make a push, prove me wrong.

Victory, thanks as with all this crap we’re dealing with in this nation, one nice part is the excitement for our beloved Bills!  Once we finish the draft, and seriously hope Beane follows his track record and bundles picks and trades up a couple times, to get better talent (we hope).  I would be so happy to get four maybe five studs at the most as we have spent our $ well, dealt a ton of needs already, and so having less additions, but higher quality talent is a good strategy if we can find trade partners.

I’m all in on the Bills this year and finally feel like we have our next Polian building such talent and making shrewd decisions we are creating a sustainable team down the road.  How fun would it be to be a playoff team the next five years, and have a Mgmt, coaching staff for a decade.  To be a team where we are the ones talked about as a perpetual contender in the same voice as the Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens, and so on.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Do we even need the draft at this point? Honestly. We could use a RB but that’s one of the most easily filled positions in all of sports. Dobbins or Taylor should be there when we pick, if not Akers or CEH. This roster is stacked from top to bottom. Josh Allen finally has a legit top 5-7 receiver to throw to in Stefon Diggs who could easily haul in 100 catches if he’s used right. Tom Brady is in Tampa Bay, New England is in cap hell. Miami is rebuilding and brought back Chan ***** Gailey out of retirement to pair up with Ryan Fitzpatrick, I mean holy ***** you can’t make this stuff up, are you ***** kidding me? Adam Gase is a total scumbag that nobody wants to play for. I see 12 wins and we win the AFC East and maybe a Super Bowl run depending on how good Josh Allen is. Buffalo is the team to beat in the AFC East and a major contender in the conference. I see no way we don’t make a push, prove me wrong.

Depends on 3 things

1. Allen must get better, another exponential jump, and must protect the ball.
  2. McDermott/Daboll need to develop a killer instinct.  Enough of this BS with every game irregardless of opponent coming down to the 4th quarter.
  3. McDermott needs to manage the game, not the other way around.
  4. Daboll needs to decide upon a style of play and stick with it.  Add flash and dash, but figure out what they do best and repeat.
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Victory over Tennessee didn't count?  Maybe it just changed in the blink of an eye and the firing of a synapse...

Yes, good point.  They did beat Tennessee while Mariotta was QB.  I would have liked to have seen a rematch in week 16.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yes, good point.  They did beat Tennessee while Mariotta was QB.  I would have liked to have seen a rematch in week 16.

Don't worry about it if facts do not match rant.  None the wins count - Giants QB was sick, Jets have an idiot head coach, etc.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Don't worry about it if facts do not match rant.  None the wins count - Giants QB was sick, Jets have an idiot head coach, etc.

I never said the wins don't count.  What facts point to the contention that we didn't beat a playoff team, save an early season Tennessee victory?

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Depends on 3 things

1. Allen must get better, another exponential jump, and must protect the ball.
  2. McDermott/Daboll need to develop a killer instinct.  Enough of this BS with every game irregardless of opponent coming down to the 4th quarter.
  3. McDermott needs to manage the game, not the other way around.
  4. Daboll needs to decide upon a style of play and stick with it.  Add flash and dash, but figure out what they do best and repeat.

Actually, I think it's all about Allen. 

McD's game management style will work fine.  As he get more leads, and as his offense gets more productive he will evolve

They are NOT going to decide on style of play.  Their objective is like Belichick's.  They want to be good at all styles.  The th want attack every way, on offense and on defense.  Different styles on different days.  That's what we're gonna get. 

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I never said the wins don't count.  What facts point to the contention that we didn't beat a playoff team, save an early season Tennessee victory?

They beat Tennessee and to be fair they would of beat the Ravens if Poyer didn't blow coverage on that play. The Cowboys were in playoff contention till at least week 16. Those games were later in the season and it's not like the team was outclassed. I get what you are trying to say but you gotta be fair. They hung in there with the Pats as well. If they get over that small hurdle WATCH OUT 

Edited by Starr Almighty

18 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Games are won and lost on the field.  Top talent is just one part of it.  Preparation and execution are even more important.  

Let’s win the division and get home field playoff games before we jump to conclusions.  

37 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

They are NOT going to decide on style of play.  Their objective is like Belichick's.  They want to be good at all styles.  The th want attack every way, on offense and on defense.  Different styles on different days.  That's what we're gonna get. 

That's not what NE does. 

They might change packages game to game but, they do what they do and they do it well, only the ratios change.  Daboll is "gadgety."

Out of necessity you say similar to your McDermott argument?  Possibly, I say, but not at all fact.