Happy Birthday Terry Pegula! ?

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Are you sure that was THE reason?

Does it really matter?  Implying something? Regardless, It was maybe 5 years ago, i dont recall exactly what i wrote but i should correct my statement, i got an infraction or penalty (whatever they called it) and not allowed to post for a short time, dont know if that qualifies as banned?

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Does it really matter?  Regardless, It was maybe 5 years ago, i dont recall exactly what i wrote but i should correct my statement, i got an infraction or penalty (whatever they called it) and not allowed to post for a short time, dont know if that qualifies as banned?

So you got a vacation for calling Kim hot.  I think that's silly.  But when I read "banned," I immediately think, "gone for good."

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Kim Pegula forces 'old guard' to rethink professional sports ...

Absolutely.  She’s a beautiful and incredibly bright woman.  In Pegula we trust.  Thank the lord for that family and everything they have done for the city, and not just the teams.  In that sense we have another owner that gives back to this city.  Mods, I was polite as possible regarding Mrs. Pegula.

Slim Shady, thanks for giving us a heads up.  Very good of you.

5 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

So according to some in the Ralph Wilson Appreciation Thread, you aren’t allowed to criticize an owner for failing to deliver a winning product to fans for years.  So before anyone starts to complain about the job Terry did as Sabres owner.....DON’T!!!!

You can only talk about all the money he put in downtown Buffalo to revitalize the Riverfront and how he helped the local economy.  If Terry didn’t buy the Sabres they’d leave Buffalo - so that automatically makes him a great owner!!!!!

I think Terry is a good guy.  The best things he did as owner:

1. Distance Russ Brandon from football decisions 

2. Hire Sean McDermott

3. Hire Brandon Beane (likely through Sean McDermott) and fire Doug Whaley - though I wish it was months earlier. 

These moves seems to help turn the franchise around.  

But according to you he should be scrutinized for being a terrible nhl owner

He turned a glorious franchise to a bigger joke than Ralph ever did

He is perhaps the worst nhl owner

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

But according to you he should be scrutinized for being a terrible nhl owner

He turned a glorious franchise to a bigger joke than Ralph ever did

He is perhaps the worst nhl owner

I’m all for scrutinizing Terry.   My comments were a joke based on the responses I got for talking about how Ralph tarnished the Bills legacy.

You can argue he’s been just as bad for the Sabres and Ralph was for the Bills.  

47 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m all for scrutinizing Terry.   My comments were a joke based on the responses I got for talking about how Ralph tarnished the Bills legacy.

You can argue he’s been just as bad for the Sabres and Ralph was for the Bills.  

Ralph won 2 AFL championships and went to 4 SBs. 

The sabres are in that " drought" and haven't won anything since he bought them

Im happy they are still here 

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm still pissed about Rex Ryan.

But Happy Birthday, anyway.

Look at it this way, though, Gugs. If not for the Rex Ryan debacle, would we be where we are right now with McDermott and Beane?

One of those "blessing in disguise" things? Although I will be the first to admit, I was downright embarrassed to be a Bills fan for the first time in my life when Wrex was the coach. And I've lived through some pretty god-awful Bills football.

• Thank you (+1) 1