Micah Hyde On-side Kick Return vs. Dolphins

JoeF

1 hour ago, arcane said:

I was absolutely screaming at him to go down that whole jog.

same thing on Brady's last pass as a pat. Don't go in the end zone!!

but in each case we were treated to a pretty sweet moment.

\

Recall who did "the right thing", Fred Jackson in the epic win versus the Pats toward the end of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Hate to be that guy, but that was not a smart play by Hyde. If he sits on it, the game is over. Instead, the Dolphins got it back and marched down the field again. The team should be in injury prevention mode at that point, not prolonging the game. 

If we were already up by 2 scores, I'd agree more. But only down by 3, I'm fine with taking the points and the two score lead.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Hate to be that guy, but that was not a smart play by Hyde. If he sits on it, the game is over. Instead, the Dolphins got it back and marched down the field again. The team should be in injury prevention mode at that point, not prolonging the game. 

If it's the SB yea go down. It's literally a once in a generation play tho

Week 6 if you have the chance to pull it off you do it just for the memory

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Not Tasker (at least not an onside kick return). I was in AZ for the game against the Cardinals when Henry Jones did it however. According to this article, the Bills have done it three times out of the 11 total times its been done since the merger.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/10/20/20923963/micah-hyde-is-third-buffalo-bills-player-with-an-onside-kick-touchdown-henry-jones-highlight-video

As I recall, the Tasker play was an odd one and not an onside kick....at least not intended to be.  It was a squib kick that Tasker picked off from the front line of blockers and ran back.  So, it went about as far as an onside kick, but wasn't.

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

\

Recall who did "the right thing", Fred Jackson in the epic win versus the Pats toward the end of the game.

Completely different. A TD by Freddie wouldn't have iced the game and give Brady the ball back

Hyde's TD put us up by 10 with a minute some left

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Completely different. A TD by Freddie wouldn't have iced the game and give Brady the ball back

Hyde's TD put us up by 10 with a minute some left

First i was corrected,  Fred was tackled didn't go down voluntarily.

Another big difference is with Fred the Bills were tied and did need to score, even a cheap shot FG did entail some risk.

And there would have been 1.38 left to score 10 about the same amount of time the Cowboys had with the ball at midfield on MNF vs Bills down by 12.   Cowboys came back and beat us in regulation, and that is with Cowboys missing a 2 pt conversion.

As i wrote earlier what if Hyde was tackled & fumbled or twisted his ankle and fumbled.  Had he dropped down the game would have been over after three victory formations.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

First i was corrected,  Fred was tackled didn't go down voluntarily.

Another big difference is with Fred the Bills were tied and did need to score, even a cheap shot FG did entail some risk.

And there would have been 1.38 left to score 10 about the same amount of time the Cowboys had with the ball at midfield on MNF vs Bills down by 12.   Cowboys came back and beat us in regulation, and that is with Cowboys missing a 2 pt conversion.

As i wrote earlier what if Hyde was tackled & fumbled or twisted his ankle and fumbled.  Had he dropped down the game would have been over after three victory formations.

Yea but he got to complete a once Ina generation play in a game 

By the time he caught it and took 3 steps he was essentially gone, the catch was the riskiest part

By the time he caught it the game was essentially over

5 hours ago, JoeF said:

This was my favorite play from last season....I just noticed the great blocking in front of Hyde than enabled the play.  Tre Edmunds just flattens his man and so does the Lorax...pancake city.  Enjoy!

There were actually people pissed off here because he didn't down it.  Calling him selfish.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There were actually people pissed off here because he didn't down it.  Calling him selfish.

I get it from the perspective of "Sealing the Win" ....but that is a beautiful play.   What is it they say?  Every party has a pooper..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I get it from the perspective of "Sealing the Win" ....but that is a beautiful play.   What is it they say?  Every party has a pooper..

I like to call them a "fun sponge". 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we were already up by 2 scores, I'd agree more. But only down by 3, I'm fine with taking the points and the two score lead.

Yeah, what if we fumble the snap on the subsequent possession? Scoring a give me TD to make it a 2 score game was absolutely the right move. 

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Actually that is correct, what if he twisted his ankle coming down and dropped the ball and then recovered by the Dolphins.

It's not ****ing McLovin'out there doing it, it was Hyde, no fumble to worry about. 

10 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I was screaming "get down" too knowing Fitzmagic was on the other sideline.  Hyde admitted it was a mistake though.  To be fair, I don't think he expected to be in that position.  Live and learn.  It was an incredible play though.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

You can't play the game scared, or in a prevent defense. I'd rather take the 7. Who cares if Miami marches down the field? The Bills just scored 7.

Also, the Ravens tried to prevent injuries by resting their starters in Game 17 vs. Pittsburgh last year. They were off the next week, and then lost big time to the Titans. It would have been better had the starters played and stayed in shape. You have to go for the gusto in this league.

11 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Actually that is correct, what if he twisted his ankle coming down and dropped the ball and then recovered by the Dolphins.

Naw, let him have his fun. This was an exciting play. You can't play the game scared.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Henry Jones had one of these in 1999 at Arizona and I think Joe Cummings had one at NO in 1998.................

but other than that, I couldn’t tell you any other ones in Bills history.

Cummings didn't have any special teams TD's.

3 hours ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

That doesn't compare with what Knox did on his way down the sideline.  Alone!  No help from teammates.  He humiliated two Bengals!!  Quite possibly for the rest of their lives.  ?