Micah Hyde On-side Kick Return vs. Dolphins

JoeF

This was my favorite play from last season....I just noticed the great blocking in front of Hyde than enabled the play.  Tre Edmunds just flattens his man and so does the Lorax...pancake city.  Enjoy!

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Lorax, Edmunds, and Poyer all pancaked their guy! That’s a perfectly executed onside kick return. One of those plays you just can’t help but laugh in excitement while  watching.

Edited by Bufflow4
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

And it's amazing as this TD has been the only non-offensive TD for the Bills in the last two years.

That's crazy.

Hopefully they have a bunch of non-offensive TD's in them in 2020, which will make things easier and help heighten the team's overall record.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The brass ?? on Hyde made that possible. 

And I know this is not a popular opinion, but I love the Reds. I think they should go Red jersey with white pants at some point. But i love the reds. 

I hate the reds but your first sentence couldn’t be more true

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, JoeF said:

This was my favorite play from last season....I just noticed the great blocking in front of Hyde than enabled the play.  Tre Edmunds just flattens his man and so does the Lorax...pancake city.  Enjoy!

I find it funny because one of my favs from last season was in that very game. That diving INT by Tre on sideline when the Fins were in goal line. A TD might have put the game out of reach,  but Tre said not today Fitzy.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Hate to be that guy, but that was not a smart play by Hyde. If he sits on it, the game is over. Instead, the Dolphins got it back and marched down the field again. The team should be in injury prevention mode at that point, not prolonging the game. 

Actually that is correct, what if he twisted his ankle coming down and dropped the ball and then recovered by the Dolphins.

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Hate to be that guy, but that was not a smart play by Hyde. If he sits on it, the game is over. Instead, the Dolphins got it back and marched down the field again. The team should be in injury prevention mode at that point, not prolonging the game. 

I was absolutely screaming at him to go down that whole jog.

same thing on Brady's last pass as a pat. Don't go in the end zone!!

but in each case we were treated to a pretty sweet moment.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Tasker did it once I recall, back in the day.

A few times he did.

I do understand the argument against making a TD (going down and sitting on half yard is possibility) but players have contract incentives, need plays to be voted into probowl, etc.

Not Tasker (at least not an onside kick return). I was in AZ for the game against the Cardinals when Henry Jones did it however. According to this article, the Bills have done it three times out of the 11 total times its been done since the merger.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/10/20/20923963/micah-hyde-is-third-buffalo-bills-player-with-an-onside-kick-touchdown-henry-jones-highlight-video

• Thank you (+1) 1