MS WALK 2020 - Family Rocks!

rockpile

To my fellow Bills fans, it is that time of year again where I ask for sponsors to raise funds for the National MS Society. Over the past decade and more, Two Bills Drive and others have helped us raise over $20,000 for the cause. I know these are hard times for all.

IF you can sponsor me, I assure you, all money goes directly to the MS Society. 

I was diagnosed with relapsing/remitting Multiple Sclerosis Twenty-Six years ago, and I am still walking the walk!

Thanks!

MS WALK 2020 FAMILY ROCKS!

I am also on Facebook Groups as "FAMILY ROCKS"

Virtual Walk MS: Canandaigua, NY

Because of the Corona virus, we will not be walking in large groups this year.

On May 17, 2020 our team will be walking in a variety of ways to raise funds to help find the cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

Since 2003 we have raised over $20,000 thanks to YOU!

Any amount helps! Thank you!

From the MS Society:

Celebrate Your Walk, Your Way:

Whether it’s on a home treadmill or a walk around the block with your dog, on your site’s Walk MS date (or whenever it’s convenient for you) put on your orange or Walk MS finest and show us how you’re celebrating by using #virtualwalkMS on social media to share photos and more.

Edited by rockpile
format and clarity
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, Just Jack said:

Dang, they're still letting you "walk" and raise funds this year? I was hoping I could get a one year reprieve from harassing you. 

Better than that! Since it is a virtual walk, you can join my team and walk from where you are!

With all the heavy things going on this year, I do not think people are real responsive to sponsoring walks this year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 6:19 AM, Just Jack said:

What’s your total?

We are at $256 as of today. 

One is a check that I have, so it does not show as part of the total at the 2020 Walk.

We have a few weeks! B-)

Just a reminder that this year's MS Walk is on May 17th. It will be a "virtual walk" since large crowds are not permitted. Me and my wife will be doing the walk in a park or a path near the lake, we have not decided.

Things are in a "new normal" state right now. IF you are able to help and want to sponsor me,  click here: MS WALK 2020 FAMILY ROCKS!

I hope this note finds you safe and well. God Bless!

Go Bills!

Rockpile

On 5/2/2020 at 8:25 AM, Just Jack said:

Do you have a list of former donors that we can start publicly shaming for not donating yet this year? 

Good one! It does not work that way, as you know! :nana:

The annual MS walk in Canandaigua is a "virtual" walk this year. We will be walking on our own, NOT having a gathering of several hundred walkers.

"Social distancing" and the economy has screwed with a lot of people's lives!! 

The walk is just two weeks away. If you are able and if you are so inclined, the link to sponsor me follows. All proceeds go to the National MS Society

2020 MS Walks - Family Rocks!  Facebook Page is "Family Rocks"

Thanks and God Bless my TBD Family! ❤️

Rockpile - still trucking after MS diagnosis 26 years ago

safe_image.php?d=AQBeaE33rbZRLpFj&w=540&h=282&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmain.nationalmssociety.org%2Fimages%2Ffriendraiser_uploads%2F30974.57021629.customnull&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCtL8QVDmdxsKmD

Edited by rockpile

On 5/3/2020 at 12:11 PM, rockpile said:

Good one! It does not work that way, as you know! :nana:

The annual MS walk in Canandaigua is a "virtual" walk this year. We will be walking on our own, NOT having a gathering of several hundred walkers.

"Social distancing" and the economy has screwed with a lot of people's lives!! 

The walk is just two weeks away. If you are able and if you are so inclined, the link to sponsor me follows. All proceeds go to the National MS Society

2020 MS Walks - Family Rocks!  Facebook Page is "Family Rocks"

Thanks and God Bless my TBD Family! ❤️

Rockpile - still trucking after MS diagnosis 26 years ago

safe_image.php?d=AQBeaE33rbZRLpFj&w=540&h=282&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmain.nationalmssociety.org%2Fimages%2Ffriendraiser_uploads%2F30974.57021629.customnull&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCtL8QVDmdxsKmD

The MS Walk is Sunday May 17th..

Contributions from friends and family to date total $512 with several days to go. 

Thanks to my TBD Family for sponsoring me:

Mr Info

Jay Rubeo

Image may contain: 1 person

Edited by rockpile

On 5/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, rockpile said:

The MS Walk is Sunday May 17th..

Contributions from friends and family to date total $512 with several days to go. 

Only four more days for me to nag you!

Virtual MS Walk 2020 total is now $668 !

Sponsors:

ggrace

tab

hjguiles

dslamb

Thanks to my TBD Family for sponsoring me:

Mr Info

Jay Rubeo

Greybeard

aussiew

Edited by rockpile
format

We were able to raise $1,122.62 this year!

Yvonne and me walked along a path and the beach at a Durand Eastman Park on Lake Ontario. The weather was perfect!

I did not think we would do this well with all the craziness going on right now, but I thank God for all the support.

Please be well and stay healthy!

Love to all,

Tom and Yvonne

Family Rocks! ❤️ #VIRTUALWALKMS

Image may contain: Yvonne Benson and Thomas A. Benson, people standing, beard, ocean, outdoor and nature