RB is a really GLARING need, right?

19 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

What about the 4 games when Singleton was out with a hammie.  Do we get a mulligan on those games?  Do your remember Davis getting us into the SuperBowl with the comeback against Houston?

Maybe you misunderstood me, not sure. My point was that we only have 1 rb on our current roster who played any significant snaps(Devin). When Devin was out, Gore took over. He's not here anymore. So, it is a glaring need. Not sure what the mulligan comment means, we played the games. Sure, I remember Davis in the playoffs. Another reason why having a good stable of rbs is a glaring need. We currently don't have that. I'm not counting on Yeldon or Wade to take over if Devin gets hurt. Don't see how anyone here would.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I think edge is where they need to find a real game changer in the early rounds. Grab a guy like Moss, Dillon in the later rounds. Bills have a good starting running back already. They just need a guy to supplement him with. 

Who would game changing edge be that is available at pick 54?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Who would game changing edge be that is available at pick 54?  

Trade up for someone who drops? You think Beane is gonna stick at 54 with all the holes he’s filled in free agency? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Trade up for someone who drops? You think Beane is gonna stick at 54 with all the holes he’s filled in free agency? 

And who would that be?   Epenesa?   Nice player but not a game changer.    Same for Gross-Matos.     

It's a down year for edge rushers, IMO, and I can't see them reaching even if one drops into the top half of the 2nd round...

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

What are you willing to trade to move up?  The Bills’ 2nd and 3rd might get them from pick 24 of round 2 to pick 10 of round 2.

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And who would that be?   Epenesa?   Nice player but not a game changer.    Same for Gross-Matos.     

It's a down year for edge rushers, IMO, and I can't see them reaching even if one drops into the top half of the 2nd round...

Epensa can play, dude is a stud. Haven’t watched much of Gross-Marks. Running backs is deep in this draft as is receivers. Would rather they go with a corner, OLine or edge with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

What are you willing to trade to move up?  The Bills’ 2nd and 3rd might get them from pick 24 of round 2 to pick 10 of round 2.

Depends on who’s there. I’m just saying, I don’t believe running back or receiver needs to be addressed in the 2nd or even 3rd round this year. Those are 2 very deep positional groups in this draft.

9 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Well when you started out with jack-S you might have to spend a 2nd and a 3rd to wind up with a top 5 or 10 RB group..

We just drafted a RB in the 3rd round last season. There are actually pretty high expectations of a RB if you draft him in the 3rd round. I wonder how much of this has to do with some lingering doubts about Devin. I like him. Really do. But he's got some limitations in terms of breakaway speed; obviously not a bruiser. He has a place in this league, but the fact that we're talking about drafting another RB in the 2ND ROUND is a little bit over the top IMO. 

RB's are generally not that difficult to find and if you look around the league at productive backs, a great number of them were not acquired via big draft capital.

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Why not get a stud game changer rather than sloppy seconds... or tenths?

All depends on who's available when they pick. But if theres a DE and RB there, that they have rated similarly, I'd rather them go with DE. Drop off in pass rushing talent. Some good RBs will be there in rounds 3-5. I would say DE is the more glaring need for Buffalo. Finished top 10 in rushing. 26th in sacks. And that's with Singletary playing behind Gore most of the season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

No, you look at the draft and who you might get,  fill the other holes with FA, and then get a real game changer cheap in the draft.

go kick a cactus.

No disrespect to Beane because he's doing a good job, but he should be able to find a complement to Singletary(3RD RD PICK) without investing another 2nd or 3rd RD pick a year later.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

That's a shame WRT to the draft being short on edge rushers. Haven't done much research for obvious reasons, but the edge position looks worse than last season with Hughes and Addison, a slight downgrade from Lawson, both long in the tooth. Murphy? Meh. 

Very good roster overall, but they're not going to create a ton of pressure as the roster is currently constructed. Most glaring issue I see going into next season. Gotta get more TO's.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

No not really. We have our starter for the next 4 or 5 years we just need some depth which can easily be added in the later rounds or even with UFAs...

RB is probably the easiest position to plug and play now

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeldon isn't nearly as bad as some here assume and he played well when he got the chance. Oh and please don't blow a day 2 pick on a backup for Singletary when we still have such pressing needs at RT, RG, OLB, DE, outside CB and in the slot. I know we've signed FA's at those positions, but those guys are all backup caliber. We should be thinking more about getting good and great players now. We've had 2 decades of average already. Time to raise the bar.

52 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

should be able to find a complement to Singletary(3RD RD PICK) without investing another 2nd or 3rd RD pick a year later.

Would having two young, dynamic Day Two RBs (2nd and 3rd round RBs are like 1st round WRs in terms of talent) on the roster be more advantageous than having another depth/developmental EDGE guy who could struggle to get snaps? Or, more advantageous than having a young WR4 who would have a steep learning curve in Daboll's complex, read-and-react passing offense (see also: Duke and Foster who struggled to see the field)?

The current Bills roster can absorb injuries and rotate in fresh bodies at a majority of positions, minus QB for sure, maybe CB (although scheme helps to mitigate here), and definitely RB. Another weapon at RB is vital to the offense progressing. Singletary is effective, but you need another option there (unless you've got a QB like Mahomes, apparently). 

Lamar Miller could be a fit if he's healthy; so could Carlos Hyde I suppose. Or, a Day Two high-end talent like many here have proposed. 

CB and RB on Day Two seems like a solid plan.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Would having two young, dynamic Day Two RBs (2nd and 3rd round RBs are like 1st round WRs in terms of talent) on the roster be more advantageous than having another depth/developmental EDGE guy who could struggle to get snaps? Or, more advantageous than having a young WR4 who would have a steep learning curve in Daboll's complex, read-and-react passing offense (see also: Duke and Foster who struggled to see the field)?

They drafted Devin in the 3rd round last season. That means he's supposed to be an impactful player. Investing another 2nd or 3rd at RB is just not good value. I would say it would only be a major concern if you have questions about Singletary.

Edge is a far more premium position and they absolutely must address it considering the age/quality of the position.

Beane has done a great job overall, but he's had some issues at RB. Looking around the league, teams are finding productive UDFA/late round RB's all over the place.

10 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The current Bills roster can absorb injuries and rotate in fresh bodies at a majority of positions, minus QB for sure, maybe CB (although scheme helps to mitigate here), and definitely RB. Another weapon at RB is vital to the offense progressing. Singletary is effective, but you need another option there (unless you've got a QB like Mahomes, apparently). 

Lamar Miller could be a fit if he's healthy; so could Carlos Hyde I suppose. Or, a Day Two high-end talent like many here have proposed. 

CB and RB on Day Two seems like a solid plan.

It's time for this organization to go all in for Josh. They've prioritized the defense over the last 3 years as we've watched the offense struggle averaging 18-19 pts / game. They have to continue building this offense by going RB in the 2nd and wr in the 3rd.  A Singletary- Dobbins duo would be pretty amazing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1