RB is a really GLARING need, right?

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think the top bets for the second round are RB and CB2.

I think with Gaines and Williams signings they go RB then BPA all the way down. After all these signings I think they may even trade up in the second or to the end of the first to get their guy . Get that game-changer that could be an all-pro. It might be a dream but trading up to nab Taylor, Swift, Chaisson, Epenesa or even Kmet would be very interesting.

I'm going to give a hot take: RB is NEVER a glaring need. 

With said we could use a another really good RB if we can get one but it's not like we need to sacrifice big money in FA or a pick higher than a 4th.

Well it seems like it’s a need by choice. They haven’t been rumored much with running backs around the league. It might change if they sign Hyde or Lamar Miller, but especially today with CB- EJ Gaines & OL-Daryl Williams Signed up, it definitely puts RB at the forefront of their needs.

This also happened last year with DT, and we took Oliver in Round 1.

They did the same 2 years ago with Allen & Edmunds (largely bc they believed they’d still have Wood and Incognito in the fold). 

If they don’t sign a “For Sure” #2 RB, I see them adding a guy in Round 2 unless a major talent slips. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I think with Gaines and Williams signings they go RB then BPA all the way down. After all these signings I think they may even trade up in the second or to the end of the first to get their guy . Get that game-changer that could be an all-pro. It might be a dream but trading up to nab Taylor, Swift, Chaisson, Epenesa or even Kmet would be very interesting.

I think a trade up is possible if they like someone that is falling. However, I don’t see us trading back into 1 anymore. I thought it was possible a few weeks ago but I think with all that we’ve added so far it’s extremely unlikely. And I would be SHOCKED if we traded up in any round to get a TE in a draft that is very weak at that position. Especially a year after adding Knox, Sweeney, and Kroft. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, wppete said:

Yeah definitely a need. Most likely in the 2nd or 3rd round in the draft. A lot of great players to be had. 

I would like to see us sign either Carlos Hyde or Lamar Miller AND draft a RB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  

I am not sold on Yeldon.  Mostly because the Coaching staff didn't seem to think much of him and including he doesn't play STs.  I think he is just on the roster this year in case we have RB injury problems in camp.  IMO Beane does not have Yeldon on the roster next year as his plan A.  But, a plan B or C.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I don't know the last time I began a thread. I didn't see one dedicated to this topic. (But I'm wrong ALL the time.)

Running back is a screaming,  pulsing, must-have need for the 2020 Bills. Right? I mean, behind Singletary we have Yeldon, who I don't hate as 3rd down-ish receiving back, and what? A rugby guy who I'd love to see take giant moon-leaps towards NFL relevance, but isn't exactly a reliable commodity, and a special teamer who is valuable, but not on offense. 

So we 100% need a valid, starter-level RB to spell Singletary and potentially fill-in in the unfortunate and often likely case of injury. Or maybe I'm dim. 

It's nice to have so few glaring weaknesses, but this is one. In my humble estimation. 

Right?

I wouldn't say glaring.  Getting a RB in the draft is fairly easy.  Also our WRs are going to make RBs look much better.

54 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I don't know the last time I began a thread. I didn't see one dedicated to this topic. (But I'm wrong ALL the time.)

You're not wrong about this.  Love to get Dobbins in here - second round (we may have to move up a bit).  Perhaps some feel the Brit will shine.  He may but that's truly a risky proposition.

43 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't see it as a glaring we must spend our second round pick on the position need. Singletary is a legit lead back and Yeldon is solid depth. I think they have to draft a RB at some point by round 4 or 5 but I put Edge, WR (They desperately need depth there, one injury to Brown or Diggs and the offense is right back to where it was and Brown and Beasley are both over 30, they have to get younger there long term) and CB (Sorry Gaines is a value added camp competition body) as higher more pressing needs that should be addressed in round 2 and 3 over RB.

Couldn't have said it better.  Good RB's are available in free agency and will be available into day three of the draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do not think it is a "glaring" need. We have a solid 1 and I would like better behind him but if it is Yeldon and some rookie I am fine. I would prefer a better LB or DE for the rotation.

I think it is a glaring need.  With Singletary, Yeldon and a rookie... that puts us one injury away from potentially not even have a starting caliber RB.  Meaning a RB that can gain yards consistently and help move the chains.  I hope we have 3 better RBs on the roster than Yeldon.  Maybe 4 if we have a late round pick or UDFA beat out Yeldon.