Bills signing Daryl Williams OT

PIZ

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF would McBeane do without the Panthers?

Soon enough there will be years behind McBeane & Carolina where this intimate knowledge won’t exist. It is pretty common for coaches/GMs who take a role with a new team to call on guys they knew before. It just makes for good humor presently and reuniting with ex-Panthers has paid off -except for a certain WR who shall remain nameless. They’ve already seen a dramatic change in Carolina since their boys came here to run the show,

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

There's your RT, Ford can stay at RG, good signing, good, proven player

And ride the bench ? Feliciano played superb . 

It's competition for Ford and Ty . May the best man win. This is a DEEP OL. Holy cow

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Beane is absolutely killing it again. There is no reason not to load every position with competition and depth, and he’s making the whole league look stupid.  Watch him trade the “leftovers” for draft picks before the final cutdown once more.  

Think I'll start a thread, trade Murphy for 1st rounder!

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes to the RB and I'm really wanting a good quality backup QB in the draft since Beane is filling the holes.

This quality RB you desire has a first name.....errr...initials. And he doesn't like to be called a backup. For this man-child shall contribute mightily.

:flirt:

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we just solved our rot issue

I would love to agree with you, but Williams has to prove he can do it all over again.

He was coming off a major in 2019 and didn't perform well last year. Granted it was mostly out of position for him, but he still has a lot to prove.

We shall see.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm pretty sure everyone we've added this offseason has some kind of tie to McDermott, the sole exception being Diggs. Everyone else on the team knows his culture and his scheme.

It's amazing to me how some people deride that instead of recognizing the value in it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

They will not release Nsekhe.  He is a high quality swing tackle, can play left or right side of the line.  He would be a starter on most teams.  Nsekhe was clearly seen by Beane as our starting RT when they signed him until Ford dropped in the Draft.  He is also first man up at LT if Dawkins gets banged up.  We have plenty of guard depth, not as much tackle depth.  Nsekhe is safe on this roster unless some team is willing to back up a Brinks truck to One Bills Drive to get him.

Williams is a capable swing tackle as well. And like 7 years younger. Both have 1 year deals. Don’t make it seem as if Nsekhe isn’t expendable.

Williams was a second team All Pro in 2017. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be our starting RT. If not because of his experience at RG last year he plays RG. At Tackle you have Dawkins, Williams. Ford can play RT as well. Bates stepped in last year and was decent everywhere including C, Feliciano can play all interior OL. 

Nsekhe is not as valuable as some may think.... we will see. But as of now. He’s behind Williams for sure. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah. You let training camp play out, but Nscheke was clearly the better RT than Ford all of last season. Wasn’t even close, IMO.

I think you keep all 3. There is literally no point in cutting Nscheke and if Ford doesn’t win the job just move him inside to his more natural position. 

Williams should win RT. Dude was second team all pro 2017. Ford is his backup. Ford starts at RG. Williams can play LT as well. Feliciano plays everywhere on interior. Bates was solid as a rookie and adds youth. Bates played everywhere last year. You keep 8 right?

Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Williams 

Feliciano, Bates, Long/Nsekhe? Flip a coin. I just don’t see the versatility in Nsekhe the FO looks for. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As with any team you start winning and people want to come- Golden State, Astros, Chicago Blackhawks- but no one wants to go to a loser for similar money. 

If we get really good Marian Hossa will try to join us!

2 hours ago, cage said:

Rule #76 - No excuses. Play like a champion!

IT WAS MY FIRST ASIAN!

• Haha (+1) 1