Bills signing Daryl Williams OT

PIZ

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Sorry but a twelve hour shift in 911 can make a person imperfect.  I meant last season.  Thanks for pointing in out.

Oof. Your hard work is GREATLY AND SINCERELY (I'm not kidding, for once) appreciated, but it's no reason to hop on a cross over a misused word.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:12 AM, RealKayAdams said:

starters:  Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Ford - Williams

backups: Nsekhe, Long, Feliciano, Bates, Boettger, Salako

This is a really solid group! They lack elite talent but have outstanding depth. Can the Bills even find a rookie OL starter in the draft outside the top 53 picks? Can any OL draft pick outside the top 85 picks even crack this roster's top 8?

I can't see them keeping 11 OL.  And I'm not sure how (Victor) Salako figures to win a backup job.

This is a really solid group! They lack elite talent but have outstanding depth. Can the Bills even find a rookie OL starter in the draft outside the top 53 picks? Can any OL draft pick outside the top 85 picks even crack this roster's top 8?

Feliciano isn't losing that spot unless he's playing C. He was a beast all year and his versatility is great. What a steal he was last off season

That's a deep , versatile group of OL. Wow. Not too shabby

I was way off thinking they offered him $5.5M.  Great deal, especially if he can regain his 2017 form.

I'd say that they have around $19.5M in cap room accounting for the top-53.

Edited by Doc

On 4/2/2020 at 2:28 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Oof. Your hard work is GREATLY AND SINCERELY (I'm not kidding, for once) appreciated, but it's no reason to hop on a cross over a misused word.

I was not hoping on a cross. Stating a fact and thanking him.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I wonder if McBeane isn't as happy with Feliciano as a lot of us think.

Which means with Williams signing, are the Bills in the market for drafting an IOL with one of their first 3 picks?

Not sure it says anything about JF and if Williams is viewed as the guy to be the starting RT, you kick Ford inside.  They should be drafting OT.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I wonder if McBeane isn't as happy with Feliciano as a lot of us think.

Which means with Williams signing, are the Bills in the market for drafting an IOL with one of their first 3 picks?

i'd say more unhappy with nietchke and being injured.  

On 4/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, gobills404 said:

I thought he played out of position at Left GUARD last year?

Maybe they moved him around? I know the Panthers OL was a mess last year and constantly shifting. Weird they wouldnt just put him back at RT to have at least one solid position. But maybe they figured Williams was good enough to move around and that was their best shot.

Feliciano over Ford, that battle is not even close

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Feliciano over Ford, that battle is not even close

How could you possibly know that? 

For one thing, players usually progress from year 1 to year 2, so you can't just assume Cody Ford has topped out. That's silly. For another, Ford hasn't gotten to concentrate solely on playing RG instead of RT so far in his NFL career. How do we know he's not an All-Pro caliber guard? That's what most analysts feel his best position in the pros is.

So again, I'm just not sure how you can make that statement. 

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

How could you possibly know that? 

For one thing, players usually progress from year 1 to year 2, so you can't just assume Cody Ford has topped out. That's silly. For another, Ford hasn't gotten to concentrate solely on playing RG instead of RT so far in his NFL career. How do we know he's not an All-Pro caliber guard? That's what most analysts feel his best position in the pros is.

So again, I'm just not sure how you can make that statement. 

How? I watched Ford play last year. But even more, I also watched Feliciano play. He was better, that's why.

Edited by CSBill

12 minutes ago, CSBill said:

How? I watched Ford play last year. But even more, I also watched Feliciano play. He was better, that's why.

But Ford didn’t play guard last year?

i thought Feliciano was great, but Ford has the potential to be better.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I think it is silly to assume D.Williams is going to take the RT spot from Ford. Ford was trash a lot of last season but after Ty got hurt Ford looked a lot better. I expect Ford will pick up where he left off and play well at RT better than D.Williams who has been seriously hurt multiple times since his All-Pro days. 

• Like (+1) 1