Bills signing Daryl Williams OT

PIZ

On 3/26/2020 at 6:14 PM, ALF said:

One of the best right tackles in the league in 2017,    from Rotoworld  

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1171/daryl-williams

And he had a severe knee injury that caused him to miss almost all of 2018. I’m not surprised he had a bit of a down year last season. Hopefully he can get back to his 2017 form. 

Very nice depth addition at worst.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea while RT was in the category of "positions that could stand to be upgraded" it was not a dire desperate need. If Williams is an upgrade fantastic. 

Disagree. Nsekhe is a decent starter but can’t stay healthy. Ford is a liability. Not bringing in somebody who can start would be an absolute gamble on either Ford taking a giant leap or Nsekhe staying healthy for 16 weeks without having to regularly be rotated in and out. 

6 hours ago, Buddo said:

In essence, you will now have a 4 way competition to start ar RT, between Ford, Nsekhe, Waddle and Williams.

However it pans out, I believe we will see improved play from the position.

It also gives us much more flexibility in respect of the inevitable injuries that happen.

We definitely could have done with better depth at the tackle position last year, and with Waddle returning, and the signing of Williams, we now have that.

Is waddle even signed 

32 minutes ago, Mango said:

Disagree. Nsekhe is a decent starter but can’t stay healthy. Ford is a liability. Not bringing in somebody who can start would be an absolute gamble on either Ford taking a giant leap or Nsekhe staying healthy for 16 weeks without having to regularly be rotated in and out. 

Rookies can get better. But having options is a good thing.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

I want to see what Bates can do.  Seemed like a promising late off-season pickup for them. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they brought him back for the league minimum.  I can't believe there's a lot of interest in his services coming off an injury.

Bates to me is a center/guard and I totally agree he should be on the teM

On 3/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Profootballtalk called him a massive liability on the right side for Carolina last season.

Why would he magically be any good here?  

We call Profootballtalk a replacement for toilet paper online. Why should we care?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We call Profootballtalk a replacement for toilet paper online. Why should we care?

Cuz complainers have to have some bull#### source for hopes of adding cred to their post

how about this Williams as early as 3 years ago was a very good ol

he had a major injury

he played last year but didn’t look fully recovered

the bills.....probably for cheap.......are going to kick the tires to see if he returns to form if the nfl already knew this he would probably be getting a massive contract because good ol is hard to find

meanwhile it’s not a huge position of need but always looking to improve

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Bates to me is a center/guard and I totally agree he should be on the teM

I believe he was the backup at both OT spots.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

That would make for a messy computer screen.

54 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Gave up a lot of sacks last week but that could be due to coming off an injury.  Still would like to see them draft OL talent this year.  

I didn't know the Panthers played last week.

Thanks for telling us.

?

On 3/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, Nitro said:

Gave up a lot of sacks last week but that could be due to coming off an injury.  Still would like to see them draft OL talent this year.  

Pretty sure OP meant last year. He is correct as Williams gave up 12 sacks last year which was the worst of all guards.  His best year was 2017 where he rated out as a top 5 RT.  Had injuries and moved to guard which apparently didn’t turn out well. Perhaps he will compete for backup at RT as I doubt he will beat out Ford unless he returns to his 2017 form. 

On 3/28/2020 at 3:43 PM, John from Riverside said:

Cuz complainers have to have some bull#### source for hopes of adding cred to their post

how about this Williams as early as 3 years ago was a very good ol

So apparently he gave up 12 sacks last year.  

If ever there were a reason to "complain"...

starters:  Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Ford - Williams

backups: Nsekhe, Long, Feliciano, Bates, Boettger, Salako

This is a really solid group! They lack elite talent but have outstanding depth. Can the Bills even find a rookie OL starter in the draft outside the top 53 picks? Can any OL draft pick outside the top 85 picks even crack this roster's top 8?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

This is a really solid group! They lack elite talent but have outstanding depth. Can the Bills even find a rookie OL starter in the draft outside the top 53 picks? Can any OL draft pick outside the top 85 picks even crack this roster's top 8?

I would be surprised if they draft an OL early now. Developmental practice squad type later in day 3 I can see. The battle between Bates and Boettger for the 9th and final roster spot there promises to be a good one. 

2 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

I think it’s really premature to declare Williams the starter at RT. I’m sure he’ll be part of the competition though.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2020 at 6:38 PM, njbuff said:

I didn't know the Panthers played last week.

Thanks for telling us.

?

Sorry but a twelve hour shift in 911 can make a person imperfect.  I meant last season.  Thanks for pointing in out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/31/2020 at 5:12 AM, RealKayAdams said:

I don't see any way Feliciano is benched after how he performed last season. I think it's a 3 way competition between Williams, Ford, and Nskhe at RT. All will make the roster and be used. Especially with Williams and Ford's ability to slide inside.

• Like (+1) 3