Bills signing Daryl Williams OT

PIZ

I did mean my "trade morse" comment as joke/literally a completely crazy idea. 

The only reason it makes sense is if they are worried about the concussion issue. I don't think it's anything to be worried about, but if they don't love it and can get value without losing too much, it's a doable idea. 

29 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Ford surprises a lot of people here and beats out Williams for the RT spot. Ford was horrid to start the year but once Ty went down Ford's play improved a lot. He is in his second year with the same system and same teammates. I think he surprises a lot of people who only really remember his bad play early on. I also love the Williams signing but I think he isn't going to crush it as many people think. I think Williams All-Pro and Pro-Bowl days aren't coming back. I love the signing but I think Ford takes it at RT. 

I think that’s the point of the Williams signing, to challenge Ford. Nsekhe is ok, but hasn’t proven capable of staying healthy. 

Williams provides Tackle/Guard flexibility, has quality seasons under his belt and will provide a solid challenge for Ford, and be sufficient depth as well if Feliciano isn’t fully recovered from off-season surgery. 

Right now the depth chart on the O-Line to me is:

LT- Dawkins/Nsekhe/Bates

LG- Spain/Long

C- Morse 

RG- Feliciano/Boettger

RT- Ford/Williams

I’ve a feeling Boettger is definitely an odd-man out, and possibly Bates as well depending on the draft. But overall it’s a solid, and deep group. 

52 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Crazy idea? Morse trade bait? 

Dawkins - Spain - Feliciano - Ford - Williams

I love Morse and was super hyped about his signing. I thought he was good, not great. But he is by far the best interior linemen here. Anyway, a trade would incur a 10 million dollar dead cap hit with 2 million in savings. There is no way that happens, but I could see them moving on after this year if things aren’t great. But I think he plays out his contract here. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I’ve a feeling Boettger is definitely an odd-man out, and possibly Bates as well depending on the draft. But overall it’s a solid, and deep group. 

Bates is probably the most flexible lineman they have so as a backup he has a lot of value.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

Bates is probably the most flexible lineman they have so as a backup he has a lot of value.

True, depends how many they keep. And besides Nsekhe & Morse, all of the other guys can play at least guard & tackle or Center & guard. 

Cody should be the swing guard now. Other than draft position what has he done to deserve starting over Feliciano at guard or Ty at RT? 

To me nothing. 

Now we added another RT in D William's.  Backup guard with Long is where his battle should be now. 

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Beane is absolutely killing it again. There is no reason not to load every position with competition and depth, and he’s making the whole league look stupid.  Watch him trade the “leftovers” for draft picks before the final cutdown once more.  

Rule #76 - No excuses. Play like a champion!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s going to be a very short off season. Condescended training camp and that’s it. The familiarity will help. 

gotta watch out for any condescension at training camp.......it's ONE BUFFALO

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In a league where almost nobody has offensive line depth the Bills now have 8 legitimate starting level players. While we don't have a single dominant elite olineman we have lots of guys who can start. 

given the frequency of injuries on the offensive line, it's a good thing to have

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Id say replacing Nsekhe. Nsekhe was banged up at times last year. His getting to the end of his career. 

$5 against the cap this year, $3M saved if released.

I see Ford and Williams battling out for RT. Nsekhe Manning backup LT.

Ford, Williams and Feliciano all get time at RG. Williams played RG last year due to OL injuries.

With both Ford and Williams being from Oklahoma I see that being a plus!

Dawkins, Spain, Morse, OU, OU.

Williams will be the swing T, gonna be exciting competition on the right side of the OL. 

They will not release Nsekhe.  He is a high quality swing tackle, can play left or right side of the line.  He would be a starter on most teams.  Nsekhe was clearly seen by Beane as our starting RT when they signed him until Ford dropped in the Draft.  He is also first man up at LT if Dawkins gets banged up.  We have plenty of guard depth, not as much tackle depth.  Nsekhe is safe on this roster unless some team is willing to back up a Brinks truck to One Bills Drive to get him.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

But...but....but I thought nobody wants to come to Buffalo!  Those days seem to be over LOL.

It’s the Carolina-to-Buffalo pipeline.  I’m still surprised they didn’t sign Funchess.